Sign in to follow this  
Chrisbox

The most pathetic thing, ever .

So me and my friend jump on a server (US123), im using an M24 and he is my rangefinder with an AK74 for mid-short range combat. 5-10 minutes after we log in, we notice a helicopter driving around the church in elektro. We hear lots of minigun fire, explosions, and proceed towards it. We spot a burning chopper, lots of dead zombies, and a couple human bodies, there also appears to be a player standing up with a sniper. I shoot him in the face, and notice that nothing happens. I shoot two more times, chest and leg, and notice he is still untouched, t this time my partner is also filling him with bullets. He turns to us and then continued on to shoot me and my partner and kill us in seconds. Me and my partner had a great run going...12+ hours survived, solid equipment and of all things, it had to be ended by a hacker. I dont mind getting killed, or double killed, but for a guy we put insane amounts of bullets into...for real? I thought there was some sort of anti-hacking system in place....that is really really dissapointing.

The second you realized your M24 hadn't taken him out, you guys should have just GTFO'ed out of there.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket
  • Like 3

If it appears they have godmode on, run. If they start to head for you, they are probably about to teleport to you, alt+f4 or alternatively open up the ingame menu and abandon. Two most useful skills in DayZ right now.

I don't care that there are hackers, get your guns 1 second after you spawn, more stuff for me as soon as I kill you, but godmoding and similar stuff is just pathetic and if you have to use that, I have no words in describing how poor you are, I mean how can you even enjoy playing if you can't die? Might aswell just go play some singleplayer game on recruit.

• Like 1

Well Scripters is old news now. :P

My most pathetic thing is surviving for 19 days. had 9998 Zombie kills. 49 bandit kills and 2 murders.. and then I die because of the ATV suddenly wanted to do a triple backflip of a bridge and explode on impact with the ground. then the server admin descides to kick everyone and lock the server.

Well Scripters is old news now. :P

My most pathetic thing is surviving for 19 days. had 9998 Zombie kills. 49 bandit kills and 2 murders.. and then I die because of the ATV suddenly wanted to do a triple backflip of a bridge and explode on impact with the ground. then the server admin descides to kick everyone and lock the server.

...and what happened when u woke up?? :D :P

The anti cheat atm is just one that bans you after some time instead of kicking you instantly.

First week playing this game got me killed 3 times.. By hackers.

First time dying in the game: Bus gets rammed by heli, we all crawl out of bus and get shot by the hacker.

Shit dude, you got killed by a script kiddie?

I've never heard of anything like this before!

Please, tell me more.

• Like 1

The second you realized your M24 hadn't taken him out, you guys should have just GTFO'ed out of there.

This.

I shot a *sniper* 4 times with an m24 on my 27 day survivor *he started it* his buddy then walked into the forest and lit my squad up through the trees with an m249. Three of my buddies died from one burst of his lmg despite being up to 100 yards apart from each other. The sniper I shot also took 3 as50 rounds, and 8 DMR rounds and was still kicking when I ran into the woods to escape. Out of the 5 of us me and one other guys lived. I ran. My last squad mate shot the guy with the m249 3 times in the head, then ran. No ALT+f4, I just ran like a scared little girl. Sadly, I died to a hacker on day 30. My record to this day.... Not bragging, just wish there were less scripters so I had a slight chance of reaching day 31 some day....

Edit: Not bitching, just commiserating.

Edited by Buick72

It's become apparent that for a long time, BattlEye was created as little more than a deterrent to hackers. More of a threat to stop would-be hackers rather than an actual enforcer. Since ARMA II was previously not often bought by people with a genuine interest in Mil-Sims and playing the game as is, they expected nobody would care enough to ACTUALLY hack.

But thanks to DayZ, it has now caught masses from well outside of the target audience. And as with anything that grabs more popularity, general player-to-player respect sharply declines and thus, hackers. Despite 3 years of relative peace by comparison, DayZ has turned ARMA II into a bastion of "massive lulz" and BattlEyes lack of capabilities have become painfully obvious. It could very well be the PR disaster that would ruins their future for good.

For this reason I believe they are actually trying to get sh** done now. Although I don't know how credible that "12,000" ban count since July 15th is. Let's just say that I've seen more successful hackers lately than I have ban notices. And considering that would account for roughly 7% of the average days playerbase, I've not seen a change.

In the last 24hrs alone I've managed to survive at least 2 hackers. One that I barely escaped doom to, but not before having my leg broken, having everything except my bag contents and tools wiped and being teleported to the top of the tallest building in Cherno (also resulting in the loss of my motorcycle). And another that was a Jason Hacker, whom I managed to log out from before getting axed to death.

Want to know how I survived the first hacker? A familiar messege known as "BattlEye client has stopped responding". Although having been a witness and being friends with the sever admin, I can confirm that I was the one and only survivor. Although it was a hollow success, considering the tremendous loss of gear. I spent most of the night rebuilding with limited luck. Incredibly, no hackers were globally banned in the process.

They actually bothered to teleport you? Twice I had someone "break my leg" while I was hiding under an evergreen and insta-kill me today on the Rooster Teeth server. No unconscious timer...full health...just a sudden broken leg out of nowhere and "You are Dead..." At least the second time they let me start playing first...