Sign in to follow this  
tiptoptopper@gmail.com

[BattlEye] Cheaters don't matter

We're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known.

Update: The issue has been investigated with the help of Ondrej Spanel (BIS lead programmer) and we found that there is a possibility of a race condition on BE's side during the game's disconnect process. It can essentially destroy the integrity of the environment that BE expects and trigger a certain detection. The problem has been fixed and all of bans of the past two days that could have been triggered by such a condition have been removed. There might still be cheaters among those, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the innocent players should be unbanned now.

We're honestly deeply sorry for this and will do everything to ensure that something like this won't happen again.

http://www.battleye.com

Found that to be slightly worrying. :lol:

Yes we know BE is shit.

But considering it was 1000's of people banned it was only really all they could do.

I would rather have a few hackers who will soon be banned then a bunch of innocent people banned.

To tell you the truth, if there are hackers or cheaters on the server that im playing on I seriously dont mind as long as they don't go ahead and teleport me to them and shoot me on the spot. If they use there hacks in a positive way and not against others then ill be fine with that! :)

That is not what they are saying if you would actually read the statement. What they are saying is that while some cheaters may get unbanned, they are more worried about unbanning those people who are unjustly or erroneously banned. Stop trying to use slices of a statement out of context.

• Like 1

To tell you the truth, if there are hackers or cheaters on the server that im playing on I seriously dont mind as long as they don't go ahead and teleport me to them and shoot me on the spot. If they use there hacks in a positive way and not against others then ill be fine with that! :)

Explain.

Even if a few actual cheaters were unbanned, it REALLY DOESN'T matter considering the fact of how many people were banned for no reason.

Well when you take it out of context, or you are an idiot it sounds really bad. what he ACTUALLY said was given the batch of incorrect/false bans there still may have been cheaters that got detected because of the false reason. In reality, this is a small number, essentially he is saying that so many people have been un-banned that have been wrongfully banned that the amount of hackers in the bunch is not a big deal (if any).