billybobbonner

Player Punishment Ratio Unacceptable

As a game developer, it is common knowledge in the field that a negligent player punishment is an unsuccessful ratio for gameplay and game design. This has been known since the early days of Doom, not only this, it has been very well documented in literature spanning across the board. Publishing a modification at this level of amaturity is not only shameful, unprofessional and negligent, it is bad form and should be counteracted immediately.

Each death of mine has been attributed to a buggy, unbalenced and awkward series of gameplay failures on the part of the developers. If I log out and I'm in a tower, I should respawn in that tower - not along the edge to fall to my death via broken legs at a distance of 8 feet. An 8 foot fall will not break your legs and cause severe hemmorageal bleeding of the lower extremity. This pathetic attempt at a publish is well before a beta and well before an alpha. This level of content should not have even been released, as it is a waste of time entirely. To think that I even redownloaded Arma II and Arma: AO to play this pitiful assclown scheme of a game is beyond my comprehension. Unfuck your shit.

U mad bro?

You do realize that Rocket and team can do like nothing at all about the Arma2 engine's flaws? This is a mod, not a complete rework of the game. If you need to spread your ignorant hate, do it at BI's forums, but better just stop it alltogether. Its not like there aren't millions of reviews and "Lets Play" to show you all aspects of DayZ beforehand for free...

• Like 3

Man is everyone on this forum a game developer? If there are so many developers out there how come I dont have anything interesting to play this summer besides dayz?

• Like 6

It's a free mod of perfectly legit game that's only been out for about 4 months now? Get over it.

• Like 1

He has a point though. My video drivers crash constantly. Usually when I least want them too aswell, getting me killed. It is a pretty cool game with huge potential though..

U mad bro?

EDIT: this post earned the poster three days off from the forums - Disgraced

Edited by Disgraced

I find it highly amusing that a "game developer" would have enough time to play someone's mod of someone else's game. You certainly have time, don't you? You certainly must to not even just be playing these games, but to come onto the "DayZ Suggestions" by the way, to bitch about bugs in an alpha mod is childish. Also, "unfuck your shit" is not a suggestion that belongs here.

Given your free time and poor execution at a complaint, I not only doubt that you are a game developer, I doubt you're even old enough to be playing this game.

Aside from any personal attacks, I've not experienced the bug you're talking about. When I log out and later log back in, I'm in the exact position I should have been in.

An 8 foot drop CAN break a person's leg depending on each individual. It really depends on how you land. You've obviously, and thankfully, not had to fall from 8 feet. I didn't break my leg when I did, but I was quite a bit of pain that it certainly felt like it. It's also been documented that a man who had fallen from the first step of a ladder died on impact.

You seem to attribute every bug to the mod developer. Why? Surely SOME blame should rest with the actual makers of the engine?

Anyway, whether or not you're a troll is of no matter to me. I just felt like typing out some truthful information. Enjoy your day and please don't come back. Thank you.

~Nasuko

• Like 1

Did you come up with that yourself, or did your worthless generation do that for you? Stupid xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx.

Wow. Where's the moderators when you need them. I would like to get this motherfucking, lowlife, piece of shit, "game developer", asshole blocked. If you truly develop games, what company, or better yet, what is your name?

EDIT: Disgraced: fixed. Three days off for that guy.

Edited by Disgraced

Well I dont think we will be seeing to much changing in physics, so good luck with that problem I've never encountered.

I dunno man, I've never died because of a bug insofar and I've been playing for a month. The game is severely held back due to it's nature, but Rocket is also a developer so I'm sure this isn't news.

Also, you're just one drop in the whole pond so...

I'mma go have some more fun playing DayZ like I have been.

Lol.. Why don't you make a better game then?

Arma2 has pretty much been hack fixed to make a persistent world for a mod. Thats pretty awesome and it's been done rather well judging from the numbers.

What's the point in fixing all the bugs limited by the engine itself if it's going standalone?

You know big fancy words don't make you a game developer. You clearly don't know how this shit works nor understand the technical side of things. You're just another butt hurt moaner that's crying about spending his money on an alpha test of a mod on Arma 2.

Next time I suggest keeping your mouth shut Big shot.

Peace.

• Like 1

Man is everyone on this forum a game developer? If there are so many developers out there how come I dont have anything interesting to play this summer besides dayz?

better question:

if they are so awesome and know the solution to all the problems dayz has, why don't they code their own mod?

As a game developer, it is common knowledge in the field that a negligent player punishment is an unsuccessful ratio for gameplay and game design. This has been known since the early days of Doom, not only this, it has been very well documented in literature spanning across the board. Publishing a modification at this level of amaturity is not only shameful, unprofessional and negligent, it is bad form and should be counteracted immediately.

Each death of mine has been attributed to a buggy, unbalenced and awkward series of gameplay failures on the part of the developers. If I log out and I'm in a tower, I should respawn in that tower - not along the edge to fall to my death via broken legs at a distance of 8 feet. An 8 foot fall will not break your legs and cause severe hemmorageal bleeding of the lower extremity. This pathetic attempt at a publish is well before a beta and well before an alpha. This level of content should not have even been released, as it is a waste of time entirely. To think that I even redownloaded Arma II and Arma: AO to play this pitiful assclown scheme of a game is beyond my comprehension. Unfuck your shit.

Coming from a wanker with no credible sources to back him up?

Iam glad you died , it makes me smile , your anger pleases me. Game Dev you certainly are not. And making a claim like that is just sad. This is not the place to judge arma II and any real Game Dev would understand that the Dayz mod Devs cannot rework the game physics. You should not play this mod i hope you delete it from your computer that would be best for the rest of us who enjoy the mod, the only real problem so far with this " game in development" is the hacking... the rest of this mod is for the purpose of gathering data to use in t he standalone... tears arnt productive.

And yet there are over a million people playing it. If there is a lesson here it is for game developers so listen carefully, STOP TELLING US WHAT WE WANT IN A GAME, LISTEN TO WHAT WE WANT!!!. Game developers have focused grouped the industry to the point that all new games now are the same bland grey blobs of nothingness. This game still makes me feel terror when I play and emotion is something no other games has been able to produce in a long time.

Its funny how people have such high expectations of how this "game" is supposed to run. Arma 2 is a civilian version of a much bigger "game" developed by Bohemian Interactive called Virtual Battle Space. VBS is a COMBAT SIMULATOR originally developed to train the armed forces in a virtual environment. When you take an environment like that and vastly change everything, its going to have problems.

As a game developer you'd think you'd know what alpha testing is...

Also let's see you jump off a tower fully laden with a backpack and equipment, then we can see how your legs like it.

The game is designed to bend you over and rape you. If you don't like it, don't play it. It's really not that difficult.

• Like 1

I love how he gets mad at an alpha mod :)

This makes me happy ^^

Welcome to DayZ

That is how lots of indie development works - especially modifications. Counter-Strike was first released as a beta version, Minecraft even in an pre-alpha stage. Both hugely successful games. Their early versions where nothing like the final versions, but where building success already. Releasing a modification in an early version is a legit step, it helps in experimentation and trying things out, balance out the gameplay experience and helps finding nasty bugs. Usually it provides a flawed or reduced gaming experience for the players, but this is just part of the deal of an early alpha release.

Each death of mine has been attributed to a buggy, unbalenced and awkward series of gameplay failures on the part of the developers. If I log out and I'm in a tower, I should respawn in that tower - not along the edge to fall to my death via broken legs at a distance of 8 feet. An 8 foot fall will not break your legs and cause severe hemmorageal bleeding of the lower extremity. This pathetic attempt at a publish is well before a beta and well before an alpha. This level of content should not have even been released, as it is a waste of time entirely. To think that I even redownloaded Arma II and Arma: AO to play this pitiful assclown scheme of a game is beyond my comprehension.

Yes the modification is buggy, the game engine which it is build on is glitchy and the gameplay experience is nothing like most games - especially regarding how unforgiving it is and how much it will hurt your feelings. But I don't think its a waste of time entirely or a pitiful assclown scheme. Over a million players have tried it, it is buzzing ArmA II into Steam Topsellers list for weaks now and most people love the immersive and compelling gameplay even though it is buggy, glitchy and so unforgiving. People are used to cotton up to bugs in games, not lastly because of the low quality of so called triple A titles and major releases in the last couple of years. But people are also sick of the incredible shallow and softened up gameplay experience of most of the games of the last couple of years. There are only very few games in the last years, that are not created independently, that are original, hard to beat or simply refreshing. DayZ is all of that at once.

For a 'game developer' you seem to be pretty unaware of how alpha's work, Let alone mods. If you are unhappy with your experiences as a game tester(because thats what we all are) my suggestion would be to not play a free mod and put your time and energy somewhere else.

It is still an alpha.. AN ALPHA! look it up, maybe it will open your mind mr. dipshit :-)

This is the suggestion forum. Though 'Unfuck your shit' might sound like a suggestion, it still does not belong here.

Locked.