ZePlague

Any tips for finding vehicle spawns or helicopter crash sites?

I've been looking to get a ghillie suit and I read that helicopter crash sites have the best chance.

So I spent the last 4 hours on a night server with my nightvision on and GPS running and haven't found crap. I used the map at dayzdb to try and hit up any vehicle spawn points I passed by but didn't find a thing. I used the "heli crash map" you can get from the internet an ran all over looking for them hitting up deer stands on the way. Didn't find a single helicopter. In fact most of the deer stands were empty.

Can anyone give me some tips? I feel like I just wasted most of my Sunday night as I have nothing to show for my time except a few extra AK mags.

Most people tend to hide stuff up north check near Devils castle. Your bound to find something, The only things i found after around 250+ hours of day z is a Bicycle, a broken bus in elektro, a Really really broken UAZ in Green mountain ages ago, a truck in the solinchiny quarry (Broken as heck) and finally found a working car today next to balota

Mostly look around the middle of the map, do loops around Stary sobor for crash sites.

For vehicles, they are usually hoarded by clans along the furthest grid West on the map and North up above Petrovsky. When searching the west side, look for long clearings (great for quickly navigating back in a vehicle) and check the forests near those clearings.

Edited by sostronk
  • Like 1

Get a bike.

Ride in the N.W. in the big open (deadly) areas and find sites.

Profit. (or die)

Well I found a VS3 with all high-end, valuable gear [a shittone, too] at the NWAF near the southern-middle lights. All it needed was two front wheels.

Myself and some friends [who are part of the group] came to the conclusion that its previous owner went flying over the hill at something like 100k's per hour, hit the lights, broke the wheel and abandoned. It's ours now!

If you are playing alone its not worth it. It takes alot of time to fix a car, parts you put in your backpack often bug and dissappear if you switch server or relog, especially tires. Don't pursuit long term goals unless you have at least 2-3 friends or you are in for some serious hardcore early morning sessions ..

Heli sites are pretty easy to find once you know where to look (around stary,vybor and the airfield) but really just grab a gun and have some fun instead of server hopping or that kind of business, with all the bugs, exploits and hackers it is just not worth it.

Edited by Mattz
  • Like 1

But how often do they occur? I have found one an hour ago. Does that mean there won't be another one anywhere? Or does other loot respawn after a while at the same spot? I tried looking for the details but couldn't find it.

So I took the advice here and spent about 3 hours running around NW airfield and starry in the fields.

Made a loop like this on 3 different servers at night with nightvision on. Not a single helicopter spotted. I'm starting to think I either have horrible luck or they don't exist and people are trolling when they say they found 3 side by side >_>

dyDl5.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly, check out more east towards the fields around Gorka.

Thanks mate, after a couple more hours searching I actually found one south of Gorka. Didn't have a ghillie but did have a MK 48 Mod 0 in it :) I dumped a lot of excess, put my M16A4 Acog in my backpack and am running around with 300 rounds of death now :) Damn thing is loud as hell though 1 shot and more than two dozen zeds come running my way.

Went looking for another hour for a heli around Gorka but had no luck. At least I found 1 in about 10 hours of searching though. I really need to find a bike to make this a bit quicker. Set up camp in Berezino and going to run through the apartments tomorrow. I hear there's a chance the ghillie spawns in residential areas so worth a shot. Cheers.

I found my first crashed heli east from NWAF. Just above Grishno.

FNFAL was our jackpot :)

i found 3 ghillie suiys in cherno so yhats not a problem. the problem is all te heli crashed sites were looted before i found them. the luckuest one wad i found 3 AS50's in one site XD

I'm starting to think I either have horrible luck or they don't exist and people are trolling when they say they found 3 side by side >_>

I have found 2 side by side quite a few times. Never 3.

so I know this only half answers your question... but the easiest way I've found the 3 crash sites I've seen were by driving on the roads and looking in the opens fields along them. "Boy.. lots of random zombies in this field.. Oh, Crash site!" get out, toss smoke, steal loots

• Like 1

Ok I got a question. Does the chopper have the loot or does the zombies have the loot that you have to shoot them to get it, or it laying on the ground somewhere. And does throwing a smoke grenade work for pulling the zeds away. My friends found a crash site too. So im trying to figure out how to get the most of it. Any help would be great thanks.

Ok I got a question. Does the chopper have the loot or does the zombies have the loot that you have to shoot them to get it, or it laying on the ground somewhere. And does throwing a smoke grenade work for pulling the zeds away. My friends found a crash site too. So im trying to figure out how to get the most of it. Any help would be great thanks.

The loots spawns all around the chopper. Near the tail and around the cockpit, sometimes even underneath the hull. The zombies that spawn are pilots and have the same loot as regular soldiers and apparently have a small chance of having NVGs on them I think it was a .28% chance. Smoke grenades do pull zombies but it has to be in their field of view when it is thrown.

Alright sounds good Ill give the smoke a try. I was just gonna throw a frag as soon as they spawned and blow all the zeds up but ive heard bad things happen with frags on dayz. Thanks for the help.

Alright sounds good Ill give the smoke a try. I was just gonna throw a frag as soon as they spawned and blow all the zeds up but ive heard bad things happen with frags on dayz. Thanks for the help.

No problem.

its hidden around and under the choper like if you throw a glass on the floor it smashes and scaters just look in close proximity to the heli and youl hopefully find shit if not gtfo players are there

Found another one in the same field on a different server. This one had already been looted though and there was an AK on the ground. It still had an FN Fal and M14 AIM on it but I liked my guns better. I marked on the map "HELICOPTER CRASH HERE WITH FN FAL AND M14 AIM" but nobody showed up. I wasn't going to kill anyone I was just bored and figured I'd be friendly but I'm sure nobody trusts markers on a map since they scream AMBUSH!