Sign in to follow this  
toddus

Script restriction #169

So I was playing on server AU 5,

and I heard from another player that there were hackers about, I didn't really mind unless they interrupted with my game play,

I continued playing and after about 10 minutes finding a vehicle I randomly get teleported but then instantly it says 'battleye kick strict restriction #169, I went back on the server and it seemed that basically everybody got the 'script restriction notice' because everybody was in the playerlist except for some few that left or tried logging back in,

Will this ban me?, Because I'm a legit player and I hope i don't get banned for hackers teleporting the whole server, wouldn't that be battleye abusing there powers of banning legit players!

this would be terrible news if I got banned for a hackers fault.

Nope, you were saved. That was a 'safety kick', you were kicked out of the game before something nasty happened to you. Relax, its a good thing. You can go back on the server but if you get that message again or Script #185 know that it saved your butt :)

• Like 1

Many of the script restriction kicks (all of them as far as i know are kicks, none are bans) are designed to help automatically maintain server stability.

Could #169 also mean that the player is using a teleport hack? I have players getting booted for #169 but in the logs it shows them logged script #169 and script #44 at the exact same time. The script reads as

12.08.2012 20:42:52: Player Name (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #44 "player setVariable['lastPos',0];

player setposatl [-18678.6,25878.4,0.00167847];"

12.08.2012 20:42:52: Player Name (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #169 "player setVariable['lastPos',0];

I'm also seeing this one:

12.08.2012 16:22:29: Player Name (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #37 "player setVariable['lastPos',0];

player setposatl [11594.7,12611.2,0.00180054];"

Edited by <82ndAB>MAJ.RedHawk

Could #169 also mean that the player is using a teleport hack? I have players getting booted for #169 but in the logs it shows them logged script #169 and script #44 at the exact same time. The script reads as

12.08.2012 20:42:52: Player Name (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #44 "player setVariable['lastPos',0];

12.08.2012 20:42:52: Player Name (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #169 "player setVariable['lastPos',0];

I'm also seeing this one:

12.08.2012 16:22:29: Player Name (xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #37 "player setVariable['lastPos',0];

player setposatl [11594.7,12611.2,0.00180054];"

Hi,

No, it does not mean that that particular player has been executing that script knowingly. What has happened there is that each player has been the target of a bulk teleport script. The players are innocent.

Sometimes, if it is a global action you'll find that the server will be emptied-out, leaving one player behind. I believe you have reasonable grounds to immediately ban that player for executing illegal scripts on your server.

However, if you continue to see one player executing setpos scripts, I would suspect them of executing personal teleports. As Christopher Hawken would say "boil them" - Ban them.

Edited by Manta-Avoid

Well these scripts are popping up on players that are not members of my clan and the only ones on other than said players, were clan members. So if no one in the server was being teleported, and these players got kicked for using that script, would that mean they were indeed teleporting?

Not of their own free will, no.

I'm not sure which script is executed when a player tries to access the admin control panel (default Shift+P) but I would take a leaf out of the hacker's book, and kick for execution of that script. If they're not accessing their hack menu with the scrollwheel menu, they're accessing it there.

yeah, I played on that server, Fond a base (which I will not tell where) as50 therals, 20 gilli sits, k 48 ods 0 etc. still there