XOLiD

M24 or DMR?

I tested DMR on Lingor Island and the last patch really did add ZEROING to DMR (not mildots), it can actally zero to 800m. have the latest dayz/arma 2 beta patch. So yea DMR and as50 favourite,

Can anyone confirm this for DayZ? Or is it some sort of Lingor mod?

DMR and M24 fires the same bullet, doing the same damage. M24 has zeroing, DMR has 4x mag size and semi auto.

Personal choice would be DMR, easily.

Can anyone confirm this for DayZ? Or is it some sort of Lingor mod?

Must be Lingor, because as of last night my DMR does not zero in Chernarus.

M24 anyday, everyday.

odam. Realized how old this thread is.

this is what I get for using Google search

Edited by Imafighter

M24, because DMR can't zero. I haven't even found a DMR in DayZ. Used it in ArmA2.

I think DMR is a better weapon. You can use it with NVGs, you can use the mildots, the DMR mag has 20 bullets.

Anyway, the M24 is cooler. Is smaller, and that's important in a zombie apocalypse

if the DMR had zero'ing it would be amazing and i'd use it all the time.

+ for DMR

NV capabilities

Rapid fire

20 rounds

useable in CQB if needed

- for DMR

no zero

loud

+ for m24

very accurate

zero'ing

able to get ammo very easily from dmr mags also you can hold a fair bit with out taking up a lot of room

- for m24

no NV

slow

small mag size

overall its still the DMR for me, although i do love the feel of the m24

Doesn't the dmr mag turn into four, five round m24 mags? Why is this praised as a plus? To have the same amount of m24 ammo in your inventory as dmr ammo, you're taking up 4x as much space..

Also, mildots are simple. Center is 400, each dot below that is +100. If the m24 AUTO zero'd or had a built in range finder I could see the advantage. If you can't count from 4-8 then I could also see the advantage.

DMR is semi auto with a much larger clip, and does the same damage

Everyone is entitled to their personal preference, but the DMR outclasses the m24, and is simply better, in almost every way. The only minor downside is counting a dot or two, which isn't much different than having to punch the page key a couple times.

DMR anyday.

NVG compatible, Semi-auto to deal with them pesky combat loggers, and once you know how the mil-dot system works, it's a treat to use.

I believe DMR is your best bet, as it excels in short-range and long range combat.

The compatibility with NVG's make it the best Night Sniper.

It's cartridge gives it the title of "Battle Rifle", along with it's semi-auto fire.

Ammo is very common to find unlike several other snipers.

You might as well make it your new AS50...

once you learn how to use the DMR mill dots, it takes far less time to aim than to zero the m24.

Can't make up my mind on which of these I'd rather use.

The M24 has zeroing but that sometimes messes my shots up more than helps as I know how to use mildots.

DMR is semi-auto and can be used with NVG.

I currently have an M24 and haven't seen a DMR in a good week now with several trips thru NW airfield and stary.

DMR can also spawn in tree stands get to hunting

M24 is a tack driver, aka: It's very very accurate and you can engage targets at further distances reliably. The DMR is a good medium range sniper rifle, but I don't like engaging players at more than 500 meters or so. I guess, if you know how to range with mil-dots and don't plan on engaging players further than 500m out, the DMR is the obvious choice. If you like the idea of being able to accurately shoot out to 800-900m, the M24 wins.

Personal choice: m24 every time.

My thoughts exactly.