Sign in to follow this  
bad_mojo (DayZ)

Randomize the zombie count

Whenever I go to a location it seems like there are always the same amount of zombies spawning. It would be nice if this number had a wide range of randomness.

For example, If I go to green mountain, there might be 6 zombies, the one day, and then the next day, none, or maybe 30.

It would create uncertainty in players minds, they would have to read the situation and decide how to proceed. The apocalypse shouldn't be routine.

• Like 5

I feel that 90 zombies in pusta is more than enough, wouldn't you?

The zombie spawn mechanic is already about as random as it can get. each point wherein loot spawns can spawn between 0 and x number of zombies, x being dependent on the location's size and value.

I would like to see situations of random infestations near PvP hotspots. Imagine the mayhem if the zed population was increased to a horde when there are two or three teams having a running fire fight in Elektro. The longer the fight continues the more zeds are 'attracted'.

That would definitely put the big fat zombie cat amongst the plump juicy pigeons.

Some areas should be swarming, some areas should have very few zombies. Right now, with the randomization it's too consistent. Why would a zombie know which buildings have the best loot anyway? That shouldn't be the deciding factor on the maximum number of zombies.