Sign in to follow this  
bowlin12

Solution to the bandit Identification problem.

The bandit skin was ridiculous and ruined the "trust no-one" aspect of the game. I was so tired of the survivor skin that I killed players just so i could keep the bandit skin which was "cooler". I have a better idea about how to fix this without making it unfair for the survivors or the bandits.

The solution is very simple. Add a mass of skins on the server.

513244.jpg

Now look at this beautiful Mexican, he has a dirty brown jumpsuit on and looks like he's packing heat. Looking at this man he could be a nice T-ball coach or a ruthless cow rapist. No-one can really tell if he's a bandit or not.

9s3q0k.jpg

Now look at these hooligans, they look up to no good what-so-ever! Just look at that face paint. they're packing heat and look like they just lit your grandma's house on fire.

The point I'm trying to get across is not to set a specific model solely for survivors or bandits. Players should chose their skins on how they want to be seen. If they want to be "bad-ass" camo thugs then so be it, but they are at the risk of being seen as hostile. Sure a player could dress up as a granny BingoShoes and kill half the server population but that's allows the "trust no-one" aspect to flourish. This also allows people to be identified as medics with the doctor skin, or players can coordinate skins to have "factions" or "clans". I wouldn't mind seeing a group of dirty jumpsuit monkeys killing everyone. (Tonic you should give the skins from wasteland to rocket as they were pretty prime)

Yes. More skins for the fashionista god!

As an ingame item, ofc.

This would also allow groups to pick a team camo for identification purposes, much like IRL.

I think that once out of Alpha, it would be a neat idea. Since Rocket added skins though, I'm sure he's got more on the way. I'd like the idea of starting off in the old bandit skin though, no lie.

just make sure the players cannot change their skins after they start playing. You can find uniforms, facepaints etc inside the game, but your basic face and default clothes should not be able to change.

just make sure the players cannot change their skins after they start playing. You can find uniforms' date=' facepaints etc inside the game, but your basic face and default clothes should not be able to change.[/quote']Because?

Bandits STEAL. Bandits dont Murder.

Bandit skin should be "given" to those who successfully Steal. However not look like Spetznaz or a terrorist, but you know, normal person.

Murderers also look like regular people, but tend to have something covering their faces, and no they dont dress up like terrorists, cause thats just fucking obvious.

I was talking about more civilian skins so that we might look more like the zombies than we do some sort of western invader that decided to come to Chenarus. I don't mean look like zombies but have the same "style" of clothing that would be the norm in that part of Europe.

The hardcore bandits are just going to where whatever the latest survivor craze is though. More skins would be nice but they won't make it any easier to spot bandits.

all survivors should just drop there weapons on site of another player we will know if you are friendly then !