Sign in to follow this  
FrankFisher

Tent protection

Ok so I've have a small place with a couple of camps but I'm really paranoid about someone finding it and looting it. Whats the best way to set it up so no-one can get in?

Ok so I've have a small place with a couple of camps but I'm really paranoid about someone finding it and looting it. Whats the best way to set it up so no-one can get in?

As the previous poster, there is no guarantee it won't be looted, often a spot you find that you think is an awesome spot, has probably already been found by others and they probably check it for tents if they are on a different server. Or there are the hackers that can just find it anyway. Then there is the random dude that just happens to stumble on it. I've found many camps this way and vehicles.

Only failproof option is to guard it 24/7, which just isn't possible unless you are super human and don't need sleep or get bored.

• Like 1

It's protected as long as it's hidden, there is no way to make it impenetrable unless you wall it off with a lot of wire and even then people can server hop into it.

Best way to keep it secure is just to hide it in between a lot of foliage and somewhere exceedingly discrete, other than that just barbed wire the area, maybe place a cheeky beartrap or two. :ph34r:

Your best bet is to find a good hidden spot, then spread your tents across multiple servers. Some may call it server hopping, I call it being thorough.

Just put your tent in some trees in an "out of the way" place. Fortifications just make it that much easier to spot.

Tents are just awful. They should just be removed.

Yes, remove something for everyone else because YOU don't like it. You probably loot tents anyways.

Tents are exactly what they are. Tents. A bit of material held up by sticks. There's no retina scanners, reinforced doors or automated motion sensing machine gun turrets.. YOU protect it. If nobody is there, it's not protected.

• Like 2

Tents usually don't save correctly anyway

it's a step forward.

if there would be nothing new, etc this game, like all online games, would die.

The more tents in one location will greatly increase the chances of it being seen. I'd recommend only placing one tent and have a couple of locations instead - preferably on multiple servers even.

Hide your tent where people don't normally go. Never put them on peaks, ridge lines, valley floors, plains, etc.

Try to hide it as much as possible around a tree.

Try to find a tree in the middle of lots of other trees.

Never place a vehicle close to your tent - at least 200m away.

Assume that your tent will eventually be found. You're just trying to delay it as long as possible.

Edited by Bubba Jones

Yes, remove something for everyone else because YOU don't like it. You probably loot tents anyways.

Tents are exactly what they are. Tents. A bit of material held up by sticks. There's no retina scanners, reinforced doors or automated motion sensing machine gun turrets.. YOU protect it. If nobody is there, it's not protected.

Of course I loot them. But the idea that you can die and then run back to your tent is lame. The fact that they don't work is also another reason to remove them. I don't use them at all unless I have a bear trap to leave by it and even then I leave it empty.

1st tell me exactly where you are at :) ?

Off topic here but shouldn't we be able to use for say empty whiskey bottle or water bottle to catch rain?

Edited by MissionMaximus

very true

1st tell me exactly where you are at :) ?

Off topic here but shouldn't we be able to use for say empty whiskey bottle or water bottle to catch rain?

Yeah sure just head to the NW airfield and ill meet you there ;)

I think tents are a fantastic idea. I know they are a bit buggy right now, but i'm sure fixes are on their way.

"Saving" the tent to my knowledge means that it saves that particular tent to the server, meaning you can log out and it will be there permanently until it gets destroyed, you remove it, or the server erases it during a restart.