Sign in to follow this  
KillCam96

Need MAJOR help!!

Hi, i downloaded DayZ today and i've had so much trouble trying to connect to servers and loading etc, i have the beta patch installed, i have the latest version of the mod installed (i think). When i try to connect to most server i get that message 'Bad version' no matter what i update, e.g 6updater/launcher, also sometimes i get stuck on the loading screen.

Has anyone else been through all of this and knows how to completely update everything and connect to most servers?

i was looking forward to this game but as it's a mod, it all seems a bit of a faff to be honest :/

and that is why i wait for standalone... all by myself... in the dark... WAITING.

Which I had too, I want to get playing but 1: none of my steam friends know or care about DayZ 2: Im not sure I installed and updated right, I don't think I'm even on version 1.7.2.4

Lets see, did you buy the game of steam or do you have it on CD ?

Find this location of the main arma directory on you computer.

As you can see i have alot of MOD folders which you will not have, all the @... folders are arma mods, see my way of backing up the old days versions ? This way you can allways go back if needed.

directory_layout_of_arma.jpg

download dayz commander on there u can see what version you are running and can update via it

• Like 1

Have you been able to play the game of Arma after you installed it ?

What does the first screen when started the game says what version of the game you are running ?

Did you downloaded the latest official updates for the game ?

What startup parameter are you using in your startup shortcut for the game when starting it ?

This is mine : "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Allie" "-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ"

Do you have SixUpdater ?

It is maybe a bit figuring out, but it is worth it to try :)

Maybe this site can help you out with the game of arma : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault

Keep trying, good luck.

Seriously Dayz Commander is so much more simple than Six, you can add favourites, filters for servers and friends. Delete your @DayZ folder in the directory of ARMA OA, then open up dayz commander, click versions, update, double click on a server and you're good to go

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Edited by FrankFisher

i

Hi, i downloaded DayZ today and i've had so much trouble trying to connect to servers and loading etc, i have the beta patch installed, i have the latest version of the mod installed (i think). When i try to connect to most server i get that message 'Bad version' no matter what i update, e.g 6updater/launcher, also sometimes i get stuck on the loading screen.

Has anyone else been through all of this and knows how to completely update everything and connect to most servers?

i was looking forward to this game but as it's a mod, it all seems a bit of a faff to be honest :/

I had a mare getting it installed, ended up following some YouTube vids in the end and still it wouldn't work. DayZcommander got it running in the end but it's different for a Steam version to shop bought copy of Arma 2 combined ops.

Try this....

Edited by DazTroyer

I started up both Arma 2 and OA once before I installed the mod, I have 6updater, my startup parameter uses the beta launcher for OA and it's the steam version of the game

Original Poster: What version of the beta are you on?

So many threads for so many variants on this issue... Look through the other ones in this forum and on troubleshooting and start from there.

When you finally think you have it down, and you still can't connect, post back here with the names of the servers, the versions they claim to be running, and the version you are running, etc.

This will not be easy.

If you're using the Six Launcher, that might be why; last I was aware (earlier today) it doesn't bring up your version to 1.7.2.5 (current version for a lot of servers) for some reason, even though I think it installs the patch (maybe?)

Like others have suggested, I'm going to attempt DayZCommander myself and see what happens with that. Might want to give it a whirl yourself.

Edit: Yeh, looks like DayZ will fix the Six-Launcher-Not-Updating issue that'll give you access to more servers.

Edited by Rakoth

Still gotta get the DayZ Commander video out, but SixLauncher is pretty much the same setup:

That happened to me too when I first downloaded DayZ, but now everything works, although it still takes a while to get into a server. I'm not really sure how I fixed it but I did. Sorry I couldn't help more. :/

Just try using Day Z Commander. http://www.dayzcommander.com/

I started with Six Launcher and it worked fine, but I wanted the added functionality that dzc gives you.

Once you have it installed, check what it says when you click "versions" in the upper-right corner of the window. Everything should be up to date. There is also a settings tab, but you shouldn't need to change anything there (no launch parameters, and don't check either box under "Steam options."

I have the game installed on Steam, but when I launch Day Z I do it by finding a server in either Day Z Commander or Six Launcher and clicking to join from there. Steam is never loaded, I have no steam overlay (but I don't particularly care) and Steam doesn't track my playtime in Arma. None of that matters.

Let us know if you're able to get it working or what happens when you try the things we suggest!

Edited by Weretoad

You should try Dayz commander. This launcher will stream line the update process.

Edited by Aristol