Sign in to follow this  
Sweet Meat

Hunting Help/Food help

So I have been alive on my current character for 7 hours, survived a modder and met up with a friend to have him removed from this world. I have now been living for around 2 hours without finding food, my blood pressure has reached 2600, and I have began collapsing, my body has began shaking and I find myself stumbling from house to house, there seems to be no form of food anywhere, even being in the forest, I have not found any woodland critters, it is either that or I cannot see them. So fellow survivors out there, if this message is received, please explain a place I could find food, as I feel my blood pressure lowering as each minute passes by. Assistance would be of great desire, I am hallucinating, what if I am just being controlled by someone else?

...Sorry, I got carried away on the story. But can someone explain where I should be searching for food as I fear my player has 5 minutes left, he is in Kamenka I believe.

Also a separate question about the map. Some servers I appear on the map with a blue dot and an arrow in the direction I am facing. I had that when I got the map, then I quit the server since there was a modder, I then rejoined another one and not only did it teleport me to the beach, it stopped giving me a little dot on the map. I then rejoined a new server an hour later and it had the dot back, but now the last two servers have not had it. I find myself extremely lost since my screen is fuzzy, grey, and my character is dying lol.

as far as food goes, you kinda on your own, but as for te map, it's dependant on the difficulty the server is running, and what feature the server admin is enabling. Thats why on some servers you can use the little blue dot and some you can't. Just like some servers are 1st person view only and some have 3rd enaled. gl hope ya find food!

It unfortunately does not help. i do not know what the residential buildings/Industrial Buildings mean. Can industrial have food? I kept finding Residential with no items there when I expected it to have food. My game glitched out and decided to not let me keep the silenced weapon I found, so I am not able to kill zombies since my AKM will just attract many more. Just was wondering if there is an easy way to spot animals, a good spot to look for, or just a house around there which usually has held food for people.

Ah thank you for the explanation of the blue dots, because I have noticed that some maps have blue dots you can't enter, while others you can. But I probably will just wait for my friend to get on and make him bring some food. Was just questioning if there was an easier way to obtain it.

Best place to find food is a shopping center, they are in cities. Other than that its kind of random for any location. Find an online map if you need to know what houses you can go into.

your pretty much done dude unless you get someone to give you a blood transfusion.

id be willing to help but will only be online tonight.

Unless I'm mistaken, any clear grassy area has a chance to spawn livestock. Although they are sort of buggy, as they will occasionally despawn / respawn in a different place close by, or they can wander into the forest and become hard to spot.

Also about your current situation, i've seen many posts in the Survivor HQ sub-forum that offer medical services. Could be worth checking out

My friend would be able to help in a bit. I just really wasn't wanting to give up since I was able to find a Ghillie Suit in a Civilian house, along with a sniper on my venture for food. Can replace all of it but the suit lol.

The blue dot and arrow on the map indicating your position and direction are only available on recruit or regular servers; veteran and hardcore do not give you that luxury (considering that the GPS is one of the very rare items, having a paper map that pinpoints your location is for nubz)

Find cows and goats wandering the open plains or by the coast. Boars and rabbits can be found in the woods. Kill them with anything, gut them with hunting knife, take the meat, then use matches and hatchet to gather wood, start a fire, and cook the meat. Eating animal meat restores 800 blood pressure.

Canned food can be found in any residential area, using the map that someone linked you. Just because you can't go inside a building, doesn't mean there is no food around. Check outhouses, porches, back doors, etc.

The best source of canned food is the supermarkets in Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, Polana, and Zelenogorsk.

Despite what others have told you, you are not dead yet. I have come back from 1.1 blood pressure to full by finding a cow and a goat and eating all the meat.

EDIT: One final note, as long as you are not bleeding, your blood pressure will not drop any further. You may pass out or get dizzy, but you won't die unless you starve to death.

Edited by ZombieBait

Unfortunately that is my problem since I am starving to death lol. But I shall hope to find some food and an animal before fully dying.

Man, im loaded with food and find it way too common. Big stores and apartment building generally have food. Zombies drop cans sometimes.

Well my next question is that I logged out in shock and began to bleed from a zombie which makes me question if my friend can use a blood transfusion on me while incapacitated.