Sign in to follow this  
PieceOfDust

Ambushing

What are your favorite places to ambush survivors? What are your favorite weapons to ambush them with?

Personally, I'm in the middle of trying to find a spot, which is partly why I'm posting this thread. I currently have an AKM which I can't seem to find more ammo for. I figured I might as well go bean bandit before I run out so that I can actually enjoy having an advantage over people.

Great places to find survivors are at the Military camps/airfields in certain towns. Maybe try the hospitals/supermarkets/churches/apartment blocks. The important places where good loot spawns, you'll usually find a poor sap.

Main roads heading inland would be a good spot.

You can take the guy out and there probably won't be many people around to interrupt your looting.

Great places to find survivors are at the Military camps/airfields in certain towns. Maybe try the hospitals/supermarkets/churches/apartment blocks. The important places where good loot spawns' date=' you'll usually find a poor sap.

[/quote']

True, but I'm trying to avoid going into the major cities because I have a lot of nifty tools that I don't want to lose.

You can take the guy out and there probably won't be many people around to interrupt your looting.

Good idea. I'll give it a shot, no pun intended. How many people actually run along the major roads?

Great places to find survivors are at the Military camps/airfields in certain towns. Maybe try the hospitals/supermarkets/churches/apartment blocks. The important places where good loot spawns' date=' you'll usually find a poor sap.

[/quote']

True, but I'm trying to avoid going into the major cities because I have a lot of nifty tools that I don't want to lose.

Good idea. I'll give it a shot' date=' no pun intended. How many people actually run along the major roads?

[/quote']

Alot of newer players use the roads until they get a hang of the map. Another way of travel people use is following power lines.

large fields between major pints of interest, such as the field near green mountain between the airfield and Cherno.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

Also if I see you hiding in the bushes behind Balota I will kill you on sight.

I would be honored.

The problem with setting up ambushing IN towns or cities, the zeds. While the one or two shots it takes to kill the victim probably won't be enough for another bandit(who could be in the area) to zero in on your position. The multiple shots you fire to kill the zeds you have aggro'ed probably will be.

The posters above have the right ideas. remote areas leading in or out of high loot areas.

Also Doktor nice tactic with a loot bait. I used a similar tactic once by placing a map down, saved my life.

Quick update: Belota Airfield is a a goldmine for QQers. Waaay too many zeds for my liking, though. I'll stick to roads from now on.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

I tossed a smoke to get rid of some Zs from where i wanted to go, and some tard bandit decided he'd investigate as well... wandered out to the smoke... deserved to be shot :P had nothing good :(

on the note of smoke... i watched a guy waddle into the south barracks at NWAF, snuck past the Zs quite well, and was coming back out... not having a silenced weapon, i tossed a smoke at him, and the Zs all raged on top of him xD ahahaha was gold :P