Sign in to follow this  
countryman72

Bad Serial number given in setup?

Howdy,

Well i just purchased arma 2 last night with the urging of one of my buddies,and after battling direct x for a bit and getting that error cleared up, I am now stuck lol. When i try to log in to any of the servers it comes to the Day z black page that says at the bottom "wait one moment" or something to that effect,and then pops up "Bad Serial number given in setup".Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Country

Well i dont know if this thread is dead but (wish me luck), Ive purchased ArmA 2 Combined Operations NON-STEAM from Bohemia store installed it followed the instructions and player dayz and boot camp, day later the poeblem "Bad serial given in setup" reinstalled deleted registry path for OA (Operation Arrowhead is the error BTW) and reinstalled, patched and played, after 3 hours, same error, can ANYONE help me? Ive looked at s**t ton of others but for steam and not for NON steam version, Im starting to think that ive wasted my money. PLZ help me fast!

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

• Like 1

I signed up on this forum just to thank you for that post. I have been trying to get dayz working for the last few days and have worked though so many errors. The last one being the bad serial one. So I went though so many sites and answers before I finally started poking around in the registry and found out that my key was showing all 00's in the armaoa folder so that told me that the key was not automatically inputted like the Arma2 folder. So then I finally, after many hours of searching, came across your brilliant post. Combined with what you wrote and the changer program it worked great and I am able to play. So I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time out to write that up and it worked great. I truly appreciate it. Thank you again.

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

i keep getting

The Registry Editor cannot rename ArmA 2 OA. Error while renaming key

Edited by Real_Frojd