sgt.mazer

1.0.6.1 Horrible frames per second

Same:

Nvidia 560ti

AMD Phenom 955 BE

8 Gig ram

Win 7 x64

Anyone with an intel having issues?

had this problem on 1.5.8.x(and the 3 hotfixes) and now on 1.6.0.1. Not sure if i had it on 1.5.7 too, think i did...but not 100% sure. More like 75% sure (time moves too fast with good games).

My system is:

AMD 905e

8 Gigs DDR 3 (@1066mhz)

5850 (cat 12.3) on a 1200p 16:10 monitor

150 gbs 10000 rpm (8 gbs pagefile), and the game along with steam is installed on a 2 TB 7200 RPM

Emu 0202 (External USB soundcard)

Win7 64bit.

ARMA combined operation, no DLC

and using the 1.60.93160 Arma Beta patch (though i was playing on a non patched server)

Using -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=8192 -world=empty

And would like to add, (I was stupid enough not to take a screenshot) that AMD overdrive said that my GPU was running on 0% when i got crapped down to 8-15 FPS and CPU usages looked normal in taskmgr.

Just like to report that I finally did experience this issue as well. Same as many people, it was typically 10-12 FPS (I use Dxtory to monitor my FPS) and crazy motion blur when turning. Restarting the game and rejoining the same server only partially fixed the problem, as after rejoining I was getting 20-35fps, but it didn't feel smooth even at the higher end of this.

Normal FPS is 45-60, sometimes 40 or so in cities but always feels very smooth.

System specs:

Intel i5 760 O/Ced to 4.0Ghz

8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

nVidia GTX 470

Win7 x64

What happened: HUGE decrease in framerate. Normal 40-60, now 10-15

Where you were: Tested Open Fields, Urban Areas, Coastal Areas in both DayZ and Armory; FPS differences are off the charts (DayZ being unplayable with 10-15 at lowest possible settings and Armory being 60+ on high possible settings).

What you were doing: Trying to meek out an existence

Installed version: 1.6.0.1

Servers you were on: Primarily on US14, tried out various Seattle and Dallas based servers.

System specs: AMD Phenom II X4 965, XFX 5850 Black Ed., 4GB DDR3 RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, Win7 64bit.

Timeline of events before/after error: Never occured before. All previous versions (playing since 1.5.6) worked well. Played various single player games and other non-DayZ servers; did not experience any performance issues.

It's only when playing DayZ multiplayer.

UPDATE: I've searched around more servers and have found games with much lower zombie counts tend to show much improved FPS rates (30fps to 60fps with less than 100 zombies and 10 players).

I just finished my game session because of this. But this might be interesting.

I was playing on NY1 for one and a half hour, when suddenly, I lost connection to the server (getting the "server hasnt responded in 10/15/20/... seconds" message). It was getting pretty dark (about 8pm ingame) and it was raining like hell when that d/c happened. So I went back to the multiplayer lobby and just reconnected to NY1 immediately.

Once in game, I spawned right where I got disconnected, but despite ingame time still being 8pm, there was bright daylight now. Also, I didn't see any rain, although I could still hear it clearly. Oh, and to get back to topic: That's when the formerly very comfortable FPS dropped to pretty much unplayable 10 frames/sec.

Also, loot was disappearing very quickly.

A few other players on NY1 said they were experiencing the same.

Maybe this story might help finding the root of all evil here.

My system, if that even matters:

Win7 x64

AMD 64X2 4800+

4GB Ram

ATi HD 5870

Im playing on uk6 and uk9. I know 2 big fps drops on that server atleast.

Since 1.6.0.0 the bodys wont disapear so they just stack and this bodys takes alot of performence. I was at a firestation in elektro everyone had 30-40fps. We killed like 8 guys going up the ladder to the roof. IT got laggy like hell. I died and went there to get some loot and it was laggy like hell. The bodys was still there even it gone over an hour.

Another fps drop is then your zooming in on the ground. I can go from 80 fps to 15-20 fps.

w7 x64 ultimate sp1

i5 2500k 4.2Ghz

8GB 1600mhz ram

GTX 560 ti OC

its just a huge memory leakage in the game. I'm sure there will be a hotfix for it soon. But none-the-less, keep up the good work rocket!

Date/Time: 5/26/12' date=' 5/27/12, 5/28/12

What happened: Frames per second drops from 30-60 on connect to 5-12 after a short time.

Where you were: Seems more pronounced near big cities, but happens in woods as well. Sometimes jumps back up in woods after visiting city, sometimes not.

What you were doing: Trying to play but failing miserably.

*Current installed version: 1.0.6.1

*Server(s) you were on: Many U.S. servers.

*Your system specs: Ati 4890 1gb/ C2D E8400@3ghz /4gb ram/Win 7 64bit

*Timeline of events before/after error: ̶1̶.̶5̶.̶8̶.̶2̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶p̶s̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶n̶c̶e̶.̶

EDIT: After thinking on the issue further, I did experience the lag in 1.5.8.2. It only happened at the end of my play session so I shrugged it off and forgot about it. 1.5.8.2 was my first install of the mod, and I only played it once before the next patch was released.

Also... Has anyone experienced this on a 32bit install of windows?

[/quote']

Yeah, whenever I leave and then come back, I get like 10 fps, usually i get like 50/60. It's just this new update.

I believe servers are not cleaning up after themselves again, a hotfix is on the way in the near future.

Correct me if i'm wrong

What happened: FPS dropped to 5-20 since 1.5.8.x

Where you were: Everywhere, doesnt matter. (same fps in cities as when i'm inland)

What you were doing: Logged in, BAM low FPS

*Current installed version: 1.0.6.1

*Server(s) you were on: Mostly EU9 since it was he most stable server, but tried some US servers too.

*Your system specs:

Intel C2D E6750 2.6GHz

8GB RAM (800MHz)

ArmA2 installed on separate harddisk, not on system-disk (Raptor 10k harddisk)

XFX geforce gtx275

Latest drivers for errything

A bit of info:

FI3 gets cluttered and the FPS drops for everyone after 3-4 hours of up time. If people abort/die near the 3 hour mark they get the good ol' 5fps cap.

Hard restarting the server fixes the problem for everyone for another 3-4 hours. Something to do with the "debug zone" and player initialization?

I think all those stuff are due to servers sometimes either spawning too many zombies or not respawning loot and zombies. When that happens i get a small fps drop but nothing to render my game unplayable, but its really frustrating when theres no loot to find anywhere

had this problem on 1.5.8.x(and the 3 hotfixes) and now on 1.6.0.1. Not sure if i had it on 1.5.7 too' date=' think i did...but not 100% sure. More like 75% sure (time moves too fast with good games).

My system is:

AMD 905e

8 Gigs DDR 3 (@1066mhz)

150 gbs 10000 rpm (8 gbs pagefile), and the game along with steam is installed on a 2 TB 7200 RPM

Win7 64bit.

and using the 1.60.93160 Arma Beta patch (though i was playing on a non patched server)

Using -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=8192 -world=empty

And would like to add, (I was stupid enough not to take a screenshot) that AMD overdrive said that my GPU was running on 0% when i got crapped down to 8-15 FPS and CPU usages looked normal in taskmgr.

[/quote']

Silly question, but how did you mange to launch CO with the Arma beta patch? Every time I try to launch in CO it just launches in OA, which obviously won't work for DayZ.

I was playing on NY1 for one and a half hour' date=' when suddenly, I lost connection to the server (getting the "server hasnt responded in 10/15/20/... seconds" message). It was getting pretty dark (about 8pm ingame) and it was raining like hell when that d/c happened. So I went back to the multiplayer lobby and just reconnected to NY1 immediately.

Once in game, I spawned right where I got disconnected, but despite ingame time still being 8pm, there was bright daylight now. Also, I didn't see any rain, although I could still hear it clearly.

[/quote']

Thats very similar to what happened to me when my fps dropped for the first after i installed the 1601 patch. It was deep night when i played then i was killed by a bandit. After the immediate respawn on the same server it was day and the sun was shining.. that was pretty strange.

had this problem on 1.5.8.x(and the 3 hotfixes) and now on 1.6.0.1. Not sure if i had it on 1.5.7 too' date=' think i did...but not 100% sure. More like 75% sure (time moves too fast with good games).

My system is:

AMD 905e

8 Gigs DDR 3 (@1066mhz)

Win7 64bit.

[/quote']

Silly question, but how did you mange to launch CO with the Arma beta patch? Every time I try to launch in CO it just launches in OA, which obviously won't work for DayZ.

after installing beta u will find a "beta arma 2 oa" shortcut in arma 2 folder, launch from there and once you are in menu select dayz under "expansions"

Same problem with me. When previous hotfix came out (0.5.8.4) i gained fps boost. Now (1.0.6.1) fps drastically reduce, 15-20 avg. Hope for fix soon.

+1 am running at 35fps, and running low settings. occasionally dropping to 3-6fps.