Sign in to follow this  
ToY SoLDiER (DayZ)

Hmm, dearstands

Okay so since I've updated I have noticed that (for me) all the dear stands I go to haven't spawned any items. I have been to over 50 deerstands over a collection of different servers yet I am getting nothing. Is this another bug or?

Deerstands*

Thank you so much for pointing that out and avoiding the actual topic all together. You are an asset to this community, without people like you this community would get absolutely no where!

Stupid kid.

• Like 18

if you server hop within like 75m loot doesn't spawn. try running like 125m away and coming back

Dear Stands,

I'd appreciate you spawning items for us. Mr Stands you have been a great asset so far and would hate to see that ruined by bad item spawning. Once again Mr. Stands I'd like you to review your item spawn behavior and get back with us.

Sincerely,

Swineflew AKA stupid kid.

• Like 3

This happened to me the other day. I updated to 1.7.2.5 and spawned near Balota. The hangers and control tower were empty and zombies were not spawning for me. The next day everything was working find so I couldn't experiment to find the cause.

Are you joining up to date servers? Did you update both DayZ and the Arma2 Beta Patch?

Edited by Super67_

You need the items to spawn first before you get to pick them up you know :P

Walk away 150m and then come back.

Thank you so much for pointing that out and avoiding the actual topic all together. You are an asset to this community, without people like you this community would get absolutely no where!

Stupid kid.

Anytime friend! But to be serious now, it might be a glitch? This has happened to me too, but with normal loot spawns in the towns instead of deerstands. Went to elektro and found almost nothing after searching the bar, office building, supermarket AND the church. Trekked all the way up to thee NWAF and found nothing but an assault pack in the barracks. I find it hard to believe that someone else got to ALL the spawns first and took EVERYTHING, as there were only two people on the server including myself. I share your pain.

Seen it heaps. Been to so many empty stands that i started not even bothering about them for awhile, then my mate and icheck one and it has a double spawn, an M16 something or other with a silenced mp of some sort under it with ammo. Left them for the next dude.

Dear Stands,

I'd appreciate you spawning items for us. Mr Stands you have been a great asset so far and would hate to see that ruined by bad item spawning. Once again Mr. Stands I'd like you to review your item spawn behavior and get back with us.

Sincerely,

Swineflew AKA stupid kid.

I wish your father would of went out to the barn and fucked a pig instead of having sex with your mother the night you were conceived, would save me and the rest of this forum from having to read the pointless bullshit that you post into every thread.

kthx.

I wish your father would of went out to the barn and fucked a pig instead of having sex with your mother the night you were conceived, would save me and the rest of this forum from having to read the pointless bullshit that you post into every thread.

kthx.

wow, u mad! How did he rustle your jimmies so hard?

As for the topic, i experienced the same problem. since the update only 1 in 5 dearstands i check out has loot in it, so they arent even worth the walk any more... sad, because i loved running through the woods and looting dear stands in peace...

Sorry dear dear stands for taking your gifts for granted! From now on i will appreciate every loot you decide to bestow upon us ungrateful beings!

wow, u mad! How did he rustle your jimmies so hard?

As for the topic, i experienced the same problem. since the update only 1 in 5 dearstands i check out has loot in it, so they arent even worth the walk any more... sad, because i loved running through the woods and looting dear stands in peace...

Sorry dear dear stands for taking your gifts for granted! From now on i will appreciate every loot you decide to bestow upon us ungrateful beings!

lol. just cant stand seeing goofs on community forums posting in every single thread with their negative bullshit all the time :)

I find that on busier servers, you can find empty stands and even empty barns and buildings if you come up on them too fast. Driving or even just running can get you across that sweet spot before the server has time to populate the loot nodes. It seems to work like this (numbers estimated):

<150m - Too close, loot will not spawn

|

|

|

150m-250m - Loot spawns in empty loot nodes in accordance with probability model

|

|

|

>250m - Too far, loot will not spawn

Since it takes time for the server to actually populate the nodes, you can screw yourself by getting there in too big of a hurry. Often, when I'm running from zombies and take shelter in a supermarket, there will be backpacks spawned, but not so much as a tin can otherwise. Wood piles also seem to appear before useful loot, along with hatchets and crowbars and car parts, the sort of stuff that appears alone, not as part of a discreet "loot pile".

So when you're scanning deer stands, make sure you walk part of the way there, so you spend more time in the band of "loot-making distance" around the location. I also try not to look directly at it during this time, just in case the item spawning is related in some way to polygon culling, as zombie spawn locations seem to be.

No hard data to back up any of these practices, I admit, but I've had good results playing the way I do, and these are the theories that have arisen in my mind from my observations.