Sign in to follow this  
tido.schmidt@googlemail.com

Message from gamed!de because of server lock after restart for 2 min

I got an email from gamed!de that our server would be blacklisted when we lock it again.

Before you start flaming, read what I have to say. Almost everyone knows, at least the server admins and hosters, tents and cars aren't loaded correctly after a restart, if players force the the server to start the mission, by clicking "okay".

That forces me to lock the server after restart for 2 minutes, to prevent players clicking on "okay".

gamed!de wrote me, they have shut down my server to prevent it from getting blacklisted.

Can anyone confirm the tents and cars are loaded correctly after a restart, when player force the server to start the mission? i was told, since the last Hive version this bug would have been fixed.

If not, I will lock the server after a restart and if it gets blacklisted then it's okay, because the server repesents our clan and we don't want a server, which is unplayable, because it has no tents and cars.

Also after 3 days we still have no vehicles on this server but on our other 2 servers they appeared right after the first start.

Edited by 8odycount

My tents and vehicles are not there sometimes after a restart. I usually have to preform another restart and they all appear again.

You can thank the mod team for sticking that thread in the other subforum encouraging players to report servers that they see locked to its host with no evidence or knowledge of the situation. Absolutely absurd, reporting servers because one person sees it locked for 2 minutes is no different from admins banning players for "suspected" hacking/disconnecting to avoid PVP etc. Oh wait there is a difference: admins that ban on "hunches" with no evidence get blacklisted, while players who report servers based on "hunches" with no evidence get praised!

I'm glad we don't have our public server anymore. The first time we made the mistake of updating our server to the latest version of DayZ, so many people connected the second the server came up that we tripped our server host's DDoS protection system. It's very disheartening to know that if we ever had a situation like that now, we'd be blacklisted for locking the server, even if the only other option is getting our service terminated due to high bandwidth consumption/DDoS.

Edited by SPESSMEHREN

I have NEVER heard or seen such a thing.

The only thing I know of that involves vehicles and tents on start is that every so often they won't load in due to a random magical error involving connection to the Hive. Nothing else involving players or mission starting affects this. No idea where you might have heard such a thing.

The reason any one can legally lock their server is briefly on restart or shutdown for a total of 5 minutes to reduce/prevent flooding.

"Before you start flaming, read what I have to say. Almost everyone knows, at least the server admins and hosters, tents and cars aren't loaded correctly after a restart, if players force the the server to start the mission, by clicking "okay"."

That right there, just re-read that...and well..I have never heard that, or experienced it. Saying everyone knows something that ISN'T true is quite odd. It is absoultely not true. In fact my server just had a scheduled restart. I log in, hit okay, get the mission start screen where it shows the map. I'm not logged in as Admin. It starts up a hundred percent, a-okay.

The only downside other than flooding when logging into a server too soon after restart is a chance to get stuck in perpetual loading.(not the same problem people are getting now)

Edited by NocturnalS1n