Sign in to follow this  
Dave19797

Servers not updating in a timely manner

so whats the deal with servers taking 2, 3, or 4 days to update. im not a host and know nothing about the process, but think its pretty shitty to wait days at a time for the server i play on to update. i do have the option of joining an older version but 30 min on a loading screen is F@#&ing nonsense! If admins are required to do the updateing they should take a spanking when they don't do so. Or my tents (2) and gear need to "travel" to the server i choose to play on. this way it would not matter if a specific server doesnt update, and i would still have my gear. So WTF? peace and hair grease!

so whats the deal with servers taking 2, 3, or 4 days to update. im not a host and know nothing about the process, but think its pretty shitty to wait days at a time for the server i play on to update. i do have the option of joining an older version but 30 min on a loading screen is F@#&ing nonsense! If admins are required to do the updateing they should take a spanking when they don't do so. Or my tents (2) and gear need to "travel" to the server i choose to play on. this way it would not matter if a specific server doesnt update, and i would still have my gear. So WTF? peace and hair grease!

Buy/rent your own server until then server admins can update when they see fit.

• Like 1

I'll tell you why,

My server has been provided with the update and I have yet to apply it. So still running the older patch of DayZ.

It will continue to run the older version untill the newest is provided through SixUpdater. If you read the patch notes Rocket has said it will not be hosted by sixupdater untill the DayZ Team are happy with the patch.

So simply, I'm not updating untill sixupdater is providing the client side update. It saves having to walk my clan through manually updating.

It's just easier this way. To wait for patch to be approved.

Edited by FrankTheDuck
  • Like 1

wow, this has to be a troll post.

This patch is a killer for admins since now we have no way of getting evidence agianst hacker unless they are dumb and run scripts without a bypass so GL because we will not update if rocket doest fix this and most likely shut our server down since he just opened the flood gates for hackers.

• Like 1

Buy/rent your own server until then server admins can update when they see fit.

this, what a belled the op is seriously GO AWAY..

Wow, entitlement attitude much?

Go play on another server. You're not entitled to anything just because your tent with duped items is on one specific server.

was asking for an explanation or reason for not updating. Thanks FrankTheDuck, Interx216! As for the gear entitled, troll fucking, gear dupe comments fuck you. Shit on my Knife, Not my dick

There is a good reason for not upgrading, the Beta-Patches mostly has nothing to do with Dayz or will affect the Dayz server, the latest recommended from devs is still beta build 1.62.95417 . We (Server Admins) choose wether we want to patch asap or wait and see if the patch is stable before we patch, i prefer the latter because i dont want a server that is crashing every 10th minute.

I recon its the same with Dayz patches, we wait to see if it is stable first.

Edited by Pheenix89