Sign in to follow this  
Dayzo

standalone payment model?

Does anyone know if the standalone will have a monthly fee, or will it be a one-off purchase?

Just thinking that if they're supplying the 'hive' server, they'll probably use a subscription model?

They said it's going to take on the payment model of Minecraft, so it'd just be 1 payment and you're good to go for life. Minecraft is only $27 dollars too and they said the purchase of Arma2:OA & Dayz together would be less than buying a game for xbox so. As to how much the game would be, i'd bet my money on around 30, probably lower.

No monthly fee.

I'm pretty sure the standalone will cost 15 - 30 dollars.

You'll be able to purchase the standalone already in alpha level, for a greatly discounted price. This way you can get it for around 15 dollars, at least I think I heard so about the price. So you'll be able to play this game all the time with all its updates.

Edited by CookieJar

The price will start low and increase as it is getting closer to finished product.

Same as Minecraft did when it started as alpha.

This has been explained on several topics already.

On alpha release of the standalone game there will be a discount because it will be still an alpha, I think the game will be raised to full price when a stable beta/1.0 is released.