void.false@gmail.com

Add IMI weapons to DayZ

Israel Military Industries Ltd. (IMI), also referred to as Taas (Hebrew: תע"ש‎), is an Israeli weapons manufacturer. It manufactures firearms, ammunition and military technology mainly for Israeli security forces (especially Israel's army, the Israel Defense Forces or IDF), although its small arms are very popular throughout the world.

Galil 7.62x51mm NATO rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Galil

S1hkf.jpg

Could share DMR ammo with DMR, M14 and M24.

Tavor TAR-21 5.56×45mm bullpup assault rifle

http://en.wikipedia....MI_Tavor_TAR-21

VyTqX.jpg

Uses regular M16 mags.

Uzi - this one doesn't really need any intoduction.

7zwpn.jpg

The Uzi has been exported to over 90 countries.[2] Over its service lifetime, it has been manufactured by Israel Military Industries, FN Herstal, and other manufacturers. From the 1960s through the 1980s, Uzi submachine guns were sold to more military and police markets than any other submachine gun ever made

Jericho 941 9x19mm Parabellum

qDP7b.jpg

Can share all those 9mm mags in game.

And the last one is for all CS lovers:

IMI Desert Eagle

Mqzth.jpg

Desert Eagle, a very powerful handgun made famous by Hollywood and first-person shooters.

I hope you enjoyed the read and agree with me that these great weapons should find their place in DayZ.

• Like 2

I dont see a valid reason for israeli made firearms in soviet chernarus scenario.

There are much more russian weapons to be applied before one may think of some exotic deserteagle gold/tigerstripe with 0.05% spawn chance ;)

• Like 1

Looks good. I've love to have a Desert Eagle! *drools* It should be pretty rare and really loud though.

But I think the Uzi has already been implemented as the PDW.

I have an Uzi in-game right now. As for the rest though, I'm not too sure how it would sit with the story/background (even if it's not too deep) being that's it's an ex-Soviet nation we're playing in.

I'm not too sure how it would sit with the story/background (even if it's not too deep) being that's it's an ex-Soviet nation we're playing in.

In the same way as ex-soviet Georgia used Israeli weapons in 08.08.08 conflict.

Israel Military Industries Ltd. (IMI), also referred to as Taas (Hebrew: תע"ש‎), is an Israeli weapons manufacturer. It manufactures firearms, ammunition and military technology mainly for Israeli security forces (especially Israel's army, the Israel Defense Forces or IDF), although its small arms are very popular throughout the world.

Galil 7.62x51mm NATO rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Galil

S1hkf.jpg

Could share DMR ammo with DMR, M14 and M24.

Tavor TAR-21 5.56×45mm bullpup assault rifle

http://en.wikipedia....MI_Tavor_TAR-21

VyTqX.jpg

Uses regular M16 mags.

Uzi - this one doesn't really need any intoduction.

7zwpn.jpg

The Uzi has been exported to over 90 countries.[2] Over its service lifetime, it has been manufactured by Israel Military Industries, FN Herstal, and other manufacturers. From the 1960s through the 1980s, Uzi submachine guns were sold to more military and police markets than any other submachine gun ever made

Jericho 941 9x19mm Parabellum

qDP7b.jpg

Can share all those 9mm mags in game.

And the last one is for all CS lovers:

IMI Desert Eagle

Mqzth.jpg

Desert Eagle, a very powerful handgun made famous by Hollywood and first-person shooters.

I hope you enjoyed the read and agree with me that these great weapons should find their place in DayZ.

I hope you know the UZI is a Czechoslovakian design. It definitely is not Isreali, however they use it frequently because of how good it is. if anything, they should add more Eastern European weapons that would probably be located in Chernarus. Furthermore, remember that every gun in this game has a draw back, you wrote all about what cool guns he should add, but you must also say their downfall. He is not gonna add a gun thats super over powered, ie, if he added the Deagle it would have massive recoil, low ammo, and it would be extremely loud. Think that way, not coolness, but survival necessity. its why i dropped the 50 caliber sniper rifle, its fuckin awesome ill give it that, but you have to be far away to not agro, therefore its bad for raiding towns but good for pvp.

all weapons, except, DE would be just alternative versions of current weapons in game, just with a bit different recoil.

a DE is a good addition, because its a hunting pistol, so it should be common

sure, if dayz was in isreal. but the map is in russia/ukrain.

Though i wouldent mind them, also the weapons used in dayz must be in arma 2 itself, since it is a mod. and since arma 2 does not have these weapons, so they cannot be in dayz.

maybe in the standalone, there are tones of new weapons in arma 3.

Dont see any reason of adding any jewish-made weapons except Desert Eagle :)

thats the last gun the devs would put in dayz.

He is not gonna add a gun thats super over powered...

thats why we have 50.cal AMR rifles :D

Edited by Frozen
  • Like 1

I hope you know the Uzi is a Czechoslovakian design

I hope you know you're wrong... should i link to the wiki article?

By the way I listed only the popular weapons around the world that should fit into the game. I didn't suggets exotic arms like Negev, Dror or M89SR sniper rifle

vUGNR.jpg

Edited by void_false

Stop this "scenario" nonsense.

Here's a list of european/ex-ussr countries that use IMI now:

Estonia -The Estonian military employs STANAG (NATO interoperable) weapons and equipment acquired from Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Great Britain, the United States and Israel.

Georgia - main infantry weapon M4, reserves usually armed with old soviet block

Italy - uses the baretta AR70/90 as its main assault weapon

Azerbaijan - special forces use the Tavor, main infantry use

Macedonia - special forces use the Tavor

******Ukraine******** - got rights to manufacture thier own tavor's, well started to but then just designed thier own bulpup assault rifle and went with that

most of these countries hold a few thousand (usually less then double figures) of them

the U.K. armed forces own several thousand m16/m4 variants, chances of finding them in operation zones is incredibly slim,

the galial's a bastardised ak/fn-fal hybrid, we have both in game and is probably the 1 firearm on the list you might actually find

much more likley to find a CZ PDW in ex-soviet block then you are an UZI

'use IMI' and 'have large quantaties of in service as main weapons' is VERY VERY different, youd probably have more luck finding a working mosin nagant then IMI produced stuff

stuffnthings

What are you trying to say? I made that post to illustrate that it isn't some sci-fi scenario but IMI weapons are ALREADY find their place in foreign countries, not to talk about Israeli UAVs and other equipment used directly in Georgia-Russia conflict in 2008. USSR ceased to exist 20 years ago. All ex-soviet countries are independent now and can buy whatever weapons they like from whatever exporter they like. All I want to say is that "whine" about unrealistic scenario of Tavor being in Chernaruss is a total bullshit and nonsense.

A Desert Eagle wouldn't really need negatives. A .50 caliber handgun isn't that much more deadly than a .45 caliber handgun against a human being.

A Desert Eagle wouldn't really need negatives. A .50 caliber handgun isn't that much more deadly than a .45 caliber handgun against a human being.

why always 50cal AE DE? it can also be .357 magnum and .44 magnum.

Because who wants a gun famous for being .50 chambered in anything else than .50

As far as i know DE is a pretty bad gun.

Because who wants a gun famous for being .50 chambered in anything else than .50

As far as i know DE is a pretty bad gun.

ok, i`ve got it: people dont know about other variants.

if you cant use it, its doesnt mean its bad

stuffnthings

What are you trying to say? I made that post to illustrate that it isn't some sci-fi scenario but IMI weapons are ALREADY find their place in foreign countries,

yes but in most cases in extremley limited quantaties used for familiarising troops with the weapons not for battle usage (with the exception of the several special forces groups)
not to talk about Israeli UAVs and other equipment used directly in Georgia-Russia conflict in 2008.
im only talking about main infantry assault weapons
USSR ceased to exist 20 years ago. All ex-soviet countries are independent now and can buy whatever weapons they like from whatever exporter they like. All I want to say is that "whine" about unrealistic scenario of Tavor being in Chernaruss is a total bullshit and nonsense.
it would be unrealistic, simply becasue of the small quantaties used

theres nothing in map to suggest special forces were stanoned nearby, at best we have a low class aircraft facility with a small steady garrision(the barracks) and everythign else sems to be ad-hock military camps set up for evacuation/medical aid and general patrol which would indicate regualr infantry not SF so the chance that the people likley to actually have a tavor on them is very very slim

does this really matter? chernarus is a fictional country with no backstory(i dont count things thats happend in arma2 as a backstory). so at this point devs are free to add any guns(no unrealistic bullshit ofc).