Sign in to follow this  
am3x@hotmail.co.uk

Graphics problem! maybe??

Hey guys, wondered if anyone could tell me there thoughts on the following picture! what is going on????? this happens at certain places eg, bolta airstrip, hardware or software?

Thx.

arma2oa2012-08-1214-12-33-99.jpg

• Like 1

Artifacting. Caused in 1.7.2.4 by barbed wire and dead bodies that are a part of the map. Although I've updated to 1.7.2.5 and been on 1.7.2.5 servers and I'm still getting the bug so....

I am also getting this, since updating I don't get the graphic spikes so much but something that I could only describe as being flashbanged quite often lol

It's easier to get rid of it with 1.7.2.5. Earlier version there was no way I personally could get rid of it except restart the game like a dozen times until it's gone. Now all you need to do is change HDR graphics settings from normal to very high and vise versa.

Edited by Rocu

It's easier to get rid of it with 1.7.2.5. Earlier version there was no way I personally could get rid of it except restart the game like a dozen times until it's gone. Now all you need to do is change HDR graphics settings from normal to very high and vise versa.

HDR hasn't worked for me yet. Sometimes changing the item quality works. "Flush" command used to work in 1.7.2.4 too but now it makes it worse......

Edited by beno_83au

They said they fixed this. They didn't. This just feels like EA, just worse

1) This is a lone guy's dream with a very small team working on top of other people's work trying to keep their stuff straight and his stuff straight.

2) This is an alpha. Not a ready to release game.

3) You paid NOTHING for this guys hard work, not the $69.99 you pay for EA's shit.

4) This is NOT a multi billion dollar Triple A development house.

Get your head out of your ass and thank this guy for all of his hard work and those on his team that they gave you a FREE game to play. Seriously, people today are so full of retard...

• Like 1

1) This is a lone guy's dream with a very small team working on top of other people's work trying to keep their stuff straight and his stuff straight.

2) This is an alpha. Not a ready to release game.

3) You paid NOTHING for this guys hard work, not the $69.99 you pay for EA's shit.

4) This is NOT a multi billion dollar Triple A development house.

Get your head out of your ass and thank this guy for all of his hard work and those on his team that they gave you a FREE game to play. Seriously, people today are so full of retard...

That being said, everything everyone is saying is just constructive criticism. for example if we didnt pick up these faults and just went " Oh the games FREE never mind" the game wouldnt move forward and be a game we can all enjoy! that being said even though the mod is free! if the development team have said the issue is resolved and it isnt then they need making aware of it! so stop taking the "whinning" or "moaning" to heart! it all has its role within the development stage of a game! so your comment calling people retards is foolish! what do u propose? no one mentions these bugs because its free? now thats "retard" sir!

Edited by am3x

That being said, everything everyone is saying is just constructive criticism. for example if we didnt pick up these faults and just went " Oh the games FREE never mind" the game wouldnt move forward and be a game we can all enjoy! that being said even though the mod is free! if the development team have said the issue is resolved and it isnt then they need making aware of it! so stop taking the "whinning" or "moaning" to heart! it all has its role within the development stage of a game! so your comment calling people retards is foolish! what do u propose? no one mentions these bugs because its free? now thats "retard" sir!

No, absolutely not! If there are problems they should be brought up. I completely agree with that. I have come here and read all about them. If I find something that is not already reported I will report it. I have been beta/alpha testing software for over fifteen years. I think it is your JOB as a tester to report these things. I never once said anything about not doing that. I never once complained or any way implied that should be the case.

What I said was that someone comparing this small team of modders to a multi coportation, multi billion dollar development house was stupid. I did not really spell it completely out like I guess I could have. But I did not think someone would take my words completely out of context, add their own content and try to turn my words around on me.

You said "everything everyone says saying is just constructive criticism". That is not correct. In the statement that I quoted was not word of constructive criticism. If you think there is please let me know. Maybe I missed it.

Let me quote you something Rocket said himself, that I believe a LOT.

Please, can people just accept that the Rocket Defense Force (RDF) and the Anti-Rocket Alliance (ARA) are needed for this project to continue. Both sides are required, and can actually coexist.

Can't see anything in Berezino for graphical glitches

Can't see anything in Stary around the Tents for glitches

almost unplayable, have to DC then start again at the Coast.

not complaining in a cretin way just be great if they could be fixed or even ironed out a bit

I guess your refering to the comment "They said they fixed this. They didn't. This just feels like EA, just worse", well if i was the mod team of dayz and i read someone was comparing the support we give to that of EA, i would be very annoyed! thus spuring me on to improve in that area! also known as "constructive criticism". and i share your belief in "yin and yang" they can indeed coexist!

I guess your refering to the comment "They said they fixed this. They didn't. This just feels like EA, just worse", well if i was the mod team of dayz and i read someone was comparing the support we give to that of EA, i would be very annoyed! thus spuring me on to improve in that area! also known as "constructive criticism". and i share your belief in "yin and yang" they can indeed coexist!

Well, that is a real twist on those words to make it "Constructive Criticism", but you twisted it enough to make it sound plausible. I guess I will relent and say I agree with you :D it was all "CC" Anyway, I hope it gets fixed. Most of my temporary work arounds are starting to not work =(

mother of god, finally found a post about this. me and my crew are having the same issue. so we pretty much stay the hell away from the military bases and points because of the bodies and wire. when i try to play, it looks like an evil circus tent is surrounding th area and will rape your approach to the area. i have pics of what we have affectionally named "fred" but my noobish qualities keep me from posting them for the time being.