iitstrue

Gear doesn't stay when changing servers

Basically, I can join a server, get some things, abort, then come back later, I'll spawn in the same area, usually the same exact area, sometimes a couple meters or so away, but around the same place, but, I won't keep anything I had on the original server, no idea why since the items are supposed to transfer, or so I thought...

When you abort, ensure that you've not dropped or picked anything in the last five minutes.

I usually spend the last five minutes of each session getting to a safe place to respawn

for the next time I play.

Edited by Anti

Maybe you picked up that stuff on a non-HIVE server, i.e. a sanctuary server, which doesn't store your stuff world-wide.

Otherwhise: what Anti said.

I experienced a similar thing today. I made it back to my body; just in time, too, since real life was calling. I loot all my stuff from my body, look around, go run to a tree, dive in, and log. After taking care of real life bizness, I log back in, same server. I was right there where I had logged out, but with none of the gear I had looted off my body. I was extremely sadface. Mk48, NVGs, GPS, all gone.

Welp, I can't be too bummed, because this is an Alpha and what not, but there you go. Just sharing my experience. And off I go, to start a new life. :^)

Same here, happened to a friend a couple of hours ago. I had this problem back in 1.7.2.3 when my rifle and my backpack suddenly were gone after relogging on a new server, so I don't think it an entirely new bug, but just something that happens more often now.