Mundo

[FIX] Stuck on loading screen

Hello guys

I have found a way to get around the "Loading" screen whenever you attempt to join a server.

Firstly download the latest 1.7.2.5 files, don't use the six updater link, instead use the mirrors

http://dayzmod.com/?Download

And also download the current build

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

(Highlighted in green at the top of the page)

DO NOT INSTALL YET

After this has been completed, open six launcher and then verify.

open

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

Replace the files inside of "addons" with your newly downloaded 1.7.2.5 files. You should see a 2mb difference.

Now run the latest build setup, once completed launch the game through six launcher and try joining a server.

This should work correctly, if you are having a different problem please let me know.

Edit: If this does not work for you check out this guide written by FailBatZ

http://dayzmod.com/f...-steam-version/

Edited by GBR
  • Like 8

Congratulations, you just explained how you manually install dayz which is imo the best way to go.

Allthough the only difference to sixlauncher is that sixlauncher has 1.7.2.4 set as preset as 1.7.2.5 is nor officially confirmed as patch yet by dayzdevs

• Like 1

Hello guys

I have found a way to get around the "Loading" screen whenever you attempt to join a server.

Firstly download the latest 1.7.2.5 files, don't use the six updater link, instead use the mirrors

http://dayzmod.com/?Download

And also download the current build

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

(Highlighted in green at the top of the page)

DO NOT INSTALL YET

After this has been completed, open six launcher and then verify.

open

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

Replace the files inside of "addons" with your newly downloaded 1.7.2.5 files. You should see a 2mb difference.

Now run the latest build setup, once completed launch the game through six launcher and try joining a server.

This should work correctly, if you are having a different problem please let me know.

i think it work but six launcher sitll says thet its v 1.7.2.4

EDIT: nvm stanYz has already answer my question so you to get my beans :)

TY

Edited by raymon007

Congratulations, you just explained how you manually install dayz which is imo the best way to go.

Allthough the only difference to sixlauncher is that sixlauncher has 1.7.2.4 set as preset as 1.7.2.5 is nor officially confirmed as patch yet by dayzdevs

Well it's just the most guys don't understand it, that they have to install the patch like they have to install the whole game.

Spread the word some more since the Devs ain't doing it. They might wanna pin one of our threads for a short while.

• Like 1

Bump so people can see fix

that dont fix nothing, i already did that!! Stuck in 80% of the times, i have all updated!

that dont fix nothing, i already did that!! Stuck in 80% of the times, i have all updated!

This is the fix for people who cant join any latest version of dayz because of the verification of six launcher. This doesn't work for everyone but does work for some.

its strange cause i enter somtimes in the server, other times it stuck, after stuck my char goes to coast

its strange cause i enter somtimes in the server, other times it stuck, after stuck my char goes to coast

It sounds like you are having a greater problem to what other people are experiencing, at least you can play for now. Will just have to wait a day or too for an official update

Hmm I updated my addons folder to 139mb, however it still is stuck on loading screen. I also updated patch to 889. Any suggestions?

Hmm I updated my addons folder to 139mb, however it still is stuck on loading screen. I also updated patch to 889. Any suggestions?

no solutions, i did same

I did this, now I can't play the game because of noentry '.profilepathdefault :( And I have no idea how to fix it

I did this, now I can't play the game because of noentry '.profilepathdefault :( And I have no idea how to fix it

Are you launching from steam?

i enter in shortcut desktop by _runA2CO : i alwys played this method, just atm i cant enter 80% of the times it stuck on loading ( everthing updated )

By steam i cant play it says version required 162.95417 o.O all is updated

Are you launching from steam?

No I launch it from a shortcut on desktop, updated Operation Arrowhead though, and that fixed it.

This is much the same way that I have been rolling back Arma patches when needed.

I've basically been telling people do do this for a few weeks now and had assumed it was fairly common knowledge.

Simply put, if you patch DayZ or Arma2 after loading and Verifying Six Launcher, you may then use Six Launcher to merely launch the game.

(Also I recommend setting Six Launcher to close after game launch and choosing servers from Arma2 multi-player menus.)

hopefully most people have fixed the problem now

fixed, but then when i exited the game completely, (not just to start screen) it becomes stuck at loading screen again.