Sign in to follow this  
pwnage13371

Are the updates even tested before release??

I have found tons of more problems with this update then anything else. Don't respond with that fucking nonsence like, "It's in alpha!" bullshit. Everything in the changelog is broken. The graphicial glitches are STILL there. The bandit skin and normal skin remove my backpack, and everything in it. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but how can the updates possibly be tested if they are so broken? I can't wait 'till the standalone version of this mod, but I do hope it won't be as broken as this.

Dude, couple of things.

1) Its an alpha, its not meant to run without any bugs, its meant to run with bugs, users testing it, report it, and devs trying to make it better and eventually fixing it

2) Its one of many patches, not a fix, they are trying to fix something, how would they know it actually works?

If it was a beta they probably would test it out alot more before releasing the patch but its an alpha so --> deal with it.

Oh and 3) Read the top of the patch notes, 1.7.2.5 is not officially released yet and if you decide to patch its on your own risk.

Rocked said inb4 ppl qqing about the new patch, how right he was.

Edited by StanYz

We are testing it.

So you're tellin me they throw a whole bunch of broken code toghater, say it will work, then say, "Ok everything is fixed," to thousands of people?

I would love to see the OP code something, test to make sure its works correctly one the millions of different servers, with different set-ups and then the millions of users all with different set-ups, and see if you fix it in one... We are the testers, They do some testing, we do the rest, they release a patch, we report back to Rocket and team.

Tried of people moaning about 1) An Alpha, and 2) Something they get for free...

So you're tellin me they throw a whole bunch of broken code toghater, say it will work, then say, "Ok everything is fixed," to thousands of people?

Why do i feel like you have just woken from the matrix

I have found tons of more problems with this update then anything else. Don't respond with that fucking nonsence like, "It's in alpha!" bullshit. Everything in the changelog is broken. The graphicial glitches are STILL there. The bandit skin and normal skin remove my backpack, and everything in it. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but how can the updates possibly be tested if they are so broken? I can't wait 'till the standalone version of this mod, but I do hope it won't be as broken as this.

Alpha state is to test tons of new things to implement in game. Why do people still not understand game dev cycles?

Also standalone will be released like the Minecraft model in an ALPHA state for us to TEST at a discounted price. If you want a brand new polished game wait 2-3 months and CoD will pump out 1-2 new games.

By using this mod, we all signed up to test an alpha build of a piece of software. The devs write a bunch of code, do some minimal testing, then release it to us to test. If things are broken, we report it, and the devs (eventually) do something about it. That's how alpha testing works. Honestly, we're all lucky the mod is as stable as it is. Lots of alpha builds are terribly buggy to the point where you can't even begin to truly use the software (hence why most devs don't release alpha builds to the public).

You wanna know what they said to thousands of people?

''Use this patch at your own risk since it isn't done yet, don't come and QQ afterwards''

We are testing it, you dumb fuck. This is an alpha testing. Holy fucking shit! Some people are just so fucking dumb I want to cry.

The real question is why do so many whiners not understand that this is a game in alpha stage development?

Clearly too many people came to DayZ thinking they deserved a fully polished, years of development, full game release. If this is how you feel about games dont play them until you see them in your local game store, seriously if you cant deal with playing a game in development and therebeing bugs, lots of bugs and fail hotfixes then stop playing alpha games.

The mod is in alpha... We are all testing it. Some people are so ignorant...

You can fix the graphical bugs BTW, I've gotten rid of them completely.

Find an area where you're affected by them but can prone safely without being killed. Balota in a low pop server would be perfect. Go prone, looking in to the artifacting, then bring up your graphics settings and play around with them and see what affects the artifacting, you should be able to make it smaller and more transparent when you find he right combination of settings. For me it was a mix of playing witty my HDR, post-process effects and video memory. Then restart the game, artifacting should be gone.

Edited by mZLY

We are the alpha testers...

I totally agree. If only they had a huge supply of testers to test patches for the alpha. They could even setup a forum for the testers so they could discuss the bugs and changes. If only they thought of this. Man, these guys are really dropping the ball.

• Like 4