Sign in to follow this  
Kigre

A good surprise! And a little hope for the future.

I had been hacked to shits twice that day but i didnt let them get the better of me so i just logged in somewhere else.

Here is where the story starts.

I started close to elektro. Found and axe and just starded raiding running style. The zeds are pretty much like teddy bears when u have an axe.

Anyways, i was about to finish elektro entering the powerstation at the north side. I ran inside and as i was about to go up the stairs there, i see another survivor right outside the main door. 4-5 feet away from me. I only saw in the corner of my eye. My thinking since he is this close and havent said a word he will prob put a bullet in my head. I saw his rifle briefly. I then thought i was gonna chase me, thinking he was thinking that i was just gonna keep running up. So i turned the corner, then turned back towards him swinging my axe at his face, missing by one feet. He askes "Friendly" as i do it... i turn and prone waiting for 15 bullets to penetrate my head. I talk back and say "YES" and "Sorry man, i was sure you was gonna kill me" He says ok, and just says hes looking for a sniper rifle to hunt trolls on the mountains looking down into Elektro. He sounded about 15-16 or so.

I was shocked, appologized greatly again for swinging at him, offered him anything i had. He said good luck and left... I was stunned for minutes.

I SWUNG AT HIM!!!! And he didnt kill me... (Elegant clap) Whoever it was... you are awesome.

This alone, this young man. He alone said fuck off to the hackers FOR me, by being cool like that. All the script kiddies that have ruined me and my friends fun. They didnt matter anymore. He gave me hope, i am not a christian or religious in any way. I am somewhat of the spiritual kind. But i do believe he was some kind of an angel for this game. :)

Peace.

Edited by Kigre
  • Like 2

I only got teleported once.

Far more often see players godmoding, spawning cars, and running around without building/tree textures, thats what really pisses me off.

Its not gonna happen in dayzmod, but when dayz goes standalone it needs an AC tool like wire, which works basically like a driver and not only scans all your files including the textures so you can't change/modify anything there, but also checks which programs are running and which are affecting dayz and which bans every single violation.

I had a similar experience not too long ago. Was on the far side of Balota airfield, in the treeline looking at the medical tents. I watched a few people go in and out without issue, then saw an unarmed survivor get knocked out by a zombie. I shot a few rounds at it with my M9SD (all I had). I killed it, but the guy on the ground bled out soon after.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I hear crashing footsteps. I whirl around, still prone, to see a guy with a M1014 sprinting straight at me. Assuming he'd heard my shots and was coming for my juicy pistol, I unloaded a whole clip in his direction (I don't know why, but I can't aim for shit in this game, especially under pressure). I got him in the leg and he went down hard, just over a rise so I couldn't see him. Silence for a few seconds, and suddenly:

"Now why the fuck would you do that!?"

Silence for a few more seconds, and I reply "Shit... I'm sorry! Are you ok?"

"Well, my leg's broken, but I think I'll make it."

"I've got some morphine, hold on."

I stand up and he's in clear view, his shotgun aimed right at my chest. I was about to open up from my fresh mag, but then realised he didn't shoot me as I slowly made my way to my feet.

So I slowly stepped over and gave him morphine and bandaged him, apologising profusely for trying to murder him moments before.

We spent the next hour or so together, gathering equipment to help us survive. Then he decided to head north while I stayed around waiting for a friend. He ran off into the forest, and I never saw him again.

It gave me warm fuzzies.

• Like 1

I only got teleported once.

Far more often see players godmoding, spawning cars, and running around without building/tree textures, thats what really pisses me off.

Its not gonna happen in dayzmod, but when dayz goes standalone it needs an AC tool like wire, which works basically like a driver and not only scans all your files including the textures so you can't change/modify anything there, but also checks which programs are running and which are affecting dayz and which bans every single violation.

Inb4 i get banned for running MSI afterburner and avg antivirus

I had been hacked to shits twice that day but i didnt let them get the better of me so i just logged in somewhere else.

Here is where the story starts.

I started close to elektro. Found and axe and just starded raiding running style. The zeds are pretty much like teddy bears when u have an axe.

Anyways, i was about to finish elektro entering the powerstation at the north side. I ran inside and as i was about to go up the stairs there, i see another survivor right outside the main door. 4-5 feet away from me. I only saw in the corner of my eye. My thinking since he is this close and havent said a word he will prob put a bullet in my head. I saw his rifle briefly. I then thought i was gonna chase me, thinking he was thinking that i was just gonna keep running up. So i turned the corner, then turned back towards him swinging my axe at his face, missing by one feet. He askes "Friendly" as i do it... i turn and prone waiting for 15 bullets to penetrate my head. I talk back and say "YES" and "Sorry man, i was sure you was gonna kill me" He says ok, and just says hes looking for a sniper rifle to hunt trolls on the mountains looking down into Elektro. He sounded about 15-16 or so.

I was shocked, appologized greatly again for swinging at him, offered him anything i had. He said good luck and left... I was stunned for minutes.

I SWINGED AT HIM!!!! And he didnt kill me... (Elegant clap) Whoever it was... you are awesome.

This alone, this young man. He alone said fuck off to the hackers FOR me, by being cool like that. All the script kiddies that have ruined me and my friends fun. They didnt matter anymore. He gave me hope, i am not a christian or religious in any way. I am somewhat of the spiritual kind. But i do believe he was some kind of an angel for this game. :)

Peace.

He probably shat his pants. Never trust and armed man.

Swung, by the way. Not swinged.

This is what happened to me today. Or rather, what happened to that unarmed guy today! Lucky? Yeah.

Edited by Creambomb

He probably shat his pants. Never trust and armed man.

Swung, by the way. Not swinged.

This is what happened to me today. Or rather, what happened to that unarmed guy today! Lucky? Yeah.

You suck and I want my two minutes back.