Sign in to follow this  
ragequit (DayZ)

let me drink from lake/tap without a bottle

I was thinking at least change the spawning gear so a player had an EMPTY water bottle.

• Like 2

small thing... just stupid dying of thirst with a lake right there.

NO GTFO AND GET A WATER BOTTLE

• Like 6

everyone knows you cant just drink from a lake, you could drown. The only safe way is to fill a canteen and use that to drink from. Didnt your parents ever teach you anything?

• Like 3

I agree with this. We should be able to drink from a lake!

That's so uncivilized. Jesus, you grow up in a barn?

• Like 1

close... jesus lay in a manger.. but yeah.. i can handle starting with an empty water bottle.. or maybe tin cans you can drink from but not store water in...

Can we at least hold on to some civilization?

First we drink without a bottle

Next we're cannibals.

• Like 2

bitch please... when i used to play the most realistic game in the world (fallout 3) i was able to drink out a toilet.

but yeh make it so you can drink out of stuff without water bottles etc....

bitch please... when i used to play the most realistic game in the world (fallout 3) i was able to drink out a toilet.

but yeh make it so you can drink out of stuff without water bottles etc....

Fallout 3 was realistic? WTF are you smokin? Pass it here! It makes sense, but it might be limited by the engine/game. Could be a nice feature in standalone though. I would definitely support it.

• Like 1

Well, they could incorporate the same area code to see if your close enough to fill, and if you are, just add code to play a new animation they would have to make of you taking a drink instead of filling. So yeah, its not that complex to do. Maybe soon.

Fallout 3 was realistic? WTF are you smokin? Pass it here! It makes sense, but it might be limited by the engine/game. Could be a nice feature in standalone though. I would definitely support it.

You've never drunk 10 gallons of radiated water out of a toilet after a gunshot wound regaining all your health while at the same time glowing in the dark and gaining super strength and regeneration?

• Like 1

You've never drunk 10 gallons of radiated water out of a toilet after a gunshot wound regaining all your health while at the same time glowing in the dark and gaining super strength and regeneration?

Not as far back as I can remember, but maybe the radiation caused memory loss. Its hard to say really.

No. I think you should have to boil the water from a lake on a fire before you can drink it...

You should probably be able to drink from those little water wells though.

• Like 2

No. I think you should have to boil the water from a lake on a fire before you can drink it...

You should probably be able to drink from those little water wells though.

I agree, you should not be able to simply drink the water from a lake, you may get dysentery or cholera and other nasty diseases..

it's a good idea to have several purification methods: boiling, distillation or using chemicals (Chlorine Dioxide, Iodine, Chlorine, Calcium Hypochlorite and Potassium Permanganate)

soo, yeah.. drinking from a lake - no way; drinking from wells - we can have that

pff, a good healthy parasitic infection will cut down on allergic reactions, it's fine

pff, a good healthy parasitic infection will cut down on allergic reactions, it's fine

I think I'll pass, thanks though...

I think having to boil water from the lake would be good. I always feel a bit cheap when I see a lake and drink some water then refill it, even if I don't really have to. Needing a camp fire would make it a little more tricky and time consuming. :)

i think drinking from a lake to avoid death is as plausible as using morphine to keep running on a broken leg... its desperate times, and we should see supprt for desperate measures

NO GTFO AND GET A WATER BOTTLE

Perhaps they should add a feature that you can't eat any food unless you find a knife and fork first

YOU HAVE MY BEANS SIR!