Sign in to follow this  
Frunk

You know what makes Dayz so great?

The amount of times my heart has dropped playing this game! Seriously, I've never had this many heart dropping moments playing a game, EVER!!! This is like a semi heart attack type of feeling I get with this game (not sure if it's good thing or not, but it feels amazing)

• Playing at night, listening and hearing zombies and players around you, can scare DA FUQ out of you.
  • Creeping around, when suddenly your gun randomly goes off (and you think you're under fire), scares DA FUQ out of me every time. (one bug that needs to stay!)
  • Logging in at night, and there is another player sitting right next to you, scared DA FUQ outta me.
  • Driving a vehicle through the forest at night, and ramming trees and rocks, scared DA FUQ out of me a few times.
  • And just the overall thrill of seeing another player and knowing it's life or death, you die and all your gear and hard work is gone in a flash. Just THRILLING!!!

So all these idiots who are out there hacking, let them keep hacking, they will get bored soon enough, and move on to the next game. They are only depriving themselves of these type of thrilling moments playing Dayz. What fun is it to have all the gear you want, and just get it all back when you die. You lose the thrill of searching and trying to keep your gear you gather.

Anyone else have any heart dropping moments in Dayz?

Edited by Frunk
  • Like 22

Yeah, hearing gunshots so close to you that you want to get on the floor so quick and hide somewhere.

I love the trill of close calls, "Oh sweet a can of past-ARGH! Jesus christ that was close." A zombie was literally 30cm from my face, thank god it didn't see me.

That moment when I realize some guy has been in the back of my Ural for who-knows-how-long, then getting out to shoot him, then he steals the driver's seat DEFINITELY was THE most heart pumping moment I ever had. Then the awesome feeling when you snipe him with an M4A1 CCO SD XD

I like how his picture is a fearless badger, and he lists things that everyone is scared of.

lol and thats why its just a video game.....and the hackers wont ever go away...i'm guessing your an outta shape person who dosent do many actual thrilling things. who has never fired an actual gun...and your right, if you die you just start over and go get new gear to hunt down whatever killed you. unlike in real life.

I like how his picture is a fearless badger, and he lists things that everyone is scared of.

Just put that avatar up for this exact reason :)

• Like 1

Just ruin peoples ideas of fun more bro

I could claim to have done anything in this world?

U gonna prove any of that otherwise?

Games are for escaping and enjoying something other than real life

(for those who claim such things as trylan

Edited by Billbo

Just put that avatar up for this exact reason :)

Well then you can have my beans good sir.

That moment when I realize some guy has been in the back of my Ural for who-knows-how-long, then getting out to shoot him, then he steals the driver's seat DEFINITELY was THE most heart pumping moment I ever had. Then the awesome feeling when you snipe him with an M4A1 CCO SD XD

That definitely would be pretty creepy, chilling in your back seat lol.

Most recent heart-dropper:

A few nights ago I rode my motorcycle to the NE airstrip to get some fuel for my empty jerry cans. As I approached the ATC I thought I saw a crawling zombie, but then pew!pew!pew! he starts shooting a silenced weapon and I'm all OH NOES!, do a u-turn and go full throttle for the hills. By some miracle, neither I nor the motorcycle were hit.

My number one moment.

In a barracks at night, just looting, walking out a door....

HOLY SHIT ANOTHER PLAYER RIGHT NEXT TO ME wdf rage both players panic and shoot.

lol and thats why its just a video game.....and the hackers wont ever go away...i'm guessing your an outta shape person who dosent do many actual thrilling things. who has never fired an actual gun...and your right, if you die you just start over and go get new gear to hunt down whatever killed you. unlike in real life.

What is this? Am I misunderstanding something or did the OP just write a lighthearted positive thread about the game and you decided it was a great opportunity to prove you're a dick? Sorry if I'm wrong.

My number one moment.

HOLY SHIT ANOTHER PLAYER RIGHT NEXT TO ME wdf rage both players panic and shoot.

NICE! That reminds me of a similar situation I had, I was at the top of the Fire Station tower, when all of a sudden another player pops up the stairs and looks right at me. We both had a slight delayed reaction, then opened fire on each other. I had my AK on Full Auto (usually have it on Semi for accuracy) and held the trigger down, and didn't even kill the other guy.

Mistake :)

Edited by Frunk

My number one moment.

haha. Reminds me of when I went to loot a downed helicopter. Im kneeling to see whats there and in the inventory scrolling through loot. Suddenly I see a barrell in front of me, oh a sniper rifle! Get up to move closer to it, look up and there is a ghillie suit on the end of that barrell, start to run, the guy starts shooting, I turn with my shot gun and sprayed in panic. I died :P Im not sure if the guy wanted to kill me or not. He could have done it from long range, it was an AS50. He probably did, but I always wonder if he panicked when he seen me get up to run.

Poor guy just needed a ride. You big meanie. lol

I've had a few of those heart-stoppers, too. But I also have had a few of the others. Like the night I was down to 594 Blood after being cornered by four zombies while looting a shed and dying of hunger only to find a single can of beans after 2 hours of searching multiple villages. Five minutes later, I ran straight into a cow. Steak does a body good.

Had a few hours without finding any food again last night. Just as I start losing blood, I spot a boar at the edge of the woods about 300m away. I go over there only to realize that I can't find it. More than 30 minutes later, I had given up and was about to just leave the area and try somewhere else when I turned around and tripped over the damn boar. I swear it must have been following me.

Happy moments like that or finding two crashed helicopters in one hour with nobody else around are probably what keeps me coming back after frustrating deaths and so forth. I think the thrilling moments are fun, at least after the fact, but the good times are the ones that make me think, "Gotta go play more DayZ."

• Like 1