Sign in to follow this  
reuter

Multiple kills in debug forrest recorded on video

I saw another dude's stream on twitch the other day. he was located at another spawnpoint way west of the map, robbing off new spawners... he didn't kill people, but stealed pretty much what he thought was useful.

I called him out in chat and called him a cheater... seemed like he listened and stopped... but he made it "clear" that is was not cheating-. just taking advantage of the bugs in the game..

talk about self-justifying.. pityful

ROFL at this.

Whether you like the guy or not' date=' out of 100s of hours of video he shows poor judgement for 5 minutes and you guys want to permaban him. You'd think this guy just brought every server to it's knees, not killed a few guys with starter gear. And acting like the location of debug forrest is a big secret is rediculous. If the guy gets a one week ban fine, but the level of animosity about this is bordering on stupidity.

[/quote']

Poor judgement? from my point of view that is more than "poor" it is Meanspirited judgement and he was there for longer than 5 minutes.. AND after he was told he was killing people who were spawning in....HE WENT BACK THERE TO KILL MORE PEOPLE on otherserver. Actually respawning until he spawned near kamenka, so he could get the faster.

http://da.twitch.tv/whiskeyfive/b/319547870 45~ mins in (2nd round of debug forest player killing) about 1 hour later.....soooo WTF do you mean 5 minutes?

Futhermore, after he heard about Dubing, he wanted to learn to do it himself... It shows he wants to Cheat/exploit if he can, And he showed no remorse about Player killing in the debug forest.

And acting like the location of debug forrest is a big secret is rediculous.

It is not a secret, most players just show good enough judgement, NOT TO SEEK IT OUT and if they by accident find themselves there (like I did once), they GTFO. Since you know...most people are good people.

Point being: He didn't stumble across the debug forest by accident, he sought it out to abuse. And he didn't seek it out to report bugs, he sought it out for self-enjoyment.

And I dunno if he deserves a permaban, But I do know that I would 100% NEVER WANT TO PLAY ON THE SAME SERVER AS HIM.

And if he has to pay 15-30$ to play the game again, I am pretty sure he would not abuse bugs again (he might even report them), hell he would hopefully even stop cheating/exploiting in other games too, since he now knows there is actual punishment for it and that permanban is not something that only happens to other people.

Lastly, since you show up on his mumble list....Dude you got nothing to say. You are friend with a dick, don't try to defend him. A dick is a dick, even if he is a friend. (BTW he is more than a "dick", I just felt like being nice)

Sorry for piling on a thread, that the devs would hopefully rather let die quietly.

ROFL at this.

Whether you like the guy or not' date=' out of 100s of hours of video he shows poor judgement for 5 minutes and you guys want to permaban him. You'd think this guy just brought every server to it's knees, not killed a few guys with starter gear. And acting like the location of debug forrest is a big secret is rediculous. If the guy gets a one week ban fine, but the level of animosity about this is bordering on stupidity.

[/quote']

Poor judgement? from my point of view that is more than "poor" it is Meanspirited judgement and he was there for longer than 5 minutes.. AND after he was told he was killing people who were spawning in....HE WENT BACK THERE TO KILL MORE PEOPLE on otherserver. Actually respawning until he spawned near kamenka, so he could get the faster.

http://da.twitch.tv/whiskeyfive/b/319547870 45~ mins in (2nd round of debug forest player killing) about 1 hour later.....soooo WTF do you mean 5 minutes?

Futhermore, after he heard about Dubing, he wanted to learn to do it himself... It shows he wants to Cheat/exploit if he can, And he showed no remorse about Player killing in the debug forest.

And acting like the location of debug forrest is a big secret is rediculous.

It is not a secret' date=' most players just show good enough judgement, NOT TO SEEK IT OUT and if they by accident find themselves there (like I did once), they GTFO. Since you know...most people are good people.

Point being: He didn't stumble across the debug forest by accident, he sought it out to abuse. And he didn't seek it out to report bugs, he sought it out for self-enjoyment.

And I dunno if he deserves a permaban, But I do know that I would 100% NEVER WANT TO PLAY ON THE SAME SERVER AS HIM.

And if he has to pay 15-30$ to play the game again, I am pretty sure he would not abuse bugs again (he might even report them), hell he would hopefully even stop cheating/exploiting in other games too, since he now knows there is actual punishment for it and that permanban is not something that only happens to other people.

Lastly, since you show up on his mumble list....Dude you got nothing to say. You are friend with a dick, don't try to defend him. A dick is a dick, even if he is a friend. (BTW he is more than a "dick", I just felt like being nice)

Sorry for piling on a thread, that the devs would hopefully rather let die quietly.

[/quote']

Honestly, if they wanted to let it die quietly, I think they'd lock it (Though I think a lock is impending regardless) it's an issue a lot of people are frustrated about, and a decision is going to be made regardless of player opinion, so what else are forums for except to make opinions clear and see multiple sides of the argument.

A lot of his supporters seem to think it's not such a big deal he did this, and I honestly can't conceive how. He intentionally abused an exploit, by his own admission, and now it shows up he's done it twice? His excuse to the admin in his twitch.tv stream last night was that he was tired, and cranky about losing all of his items to a glitch *Which at the time he was getting angry at 'stream snipers' for killing him, and taking his gear. Something doesn't add up here.

How does anyone honestly think this excuses anything? Even the fact that he streams. There are other streamers. Ones that don't exploit. People will move on.

All he did last night was brag about how he's convinced x ammount of people to buy the game, and he shouldn't get banned, and then said, quote 'if I get banned, permanent or not. I'm probably not coming back. Not meant to be a threat, just telling you guys'

It's obvious that the guy is trying to weasel his way out of any punishment, and I think that alone makes me pity him that much less.

tl;dr: Whiskey is the type of player I feel is the problem with the community, that said, he's got as much of a right to be here as everyone else, and as much accountability for his actions as everyone else, if not moreso due to his influence over hundreds of viewers. Admins will do what admins do, regardless of what we say at this point.

lol he sucks, he had hard time killing those guys in debug forest, imagine him in a real gun fight hahaha

Just to clarify, I never tried to excuse what he did. In my opinion a permaban is just excessive, and I think a lot of opinions here are based on whether or not you like the guy. Like I said, let him serve his week long ban or whatever and move on.

I watch a lot of streams and when the oportunity presents itself, I will 100% join the game and play with the streamer, I think it's fun. So saying I'm "friends" with anyone is stretching.

I'm done with this thread now. I'm not going to try and argue with people cherry picking comments or videos and spinning them to their own agenda. A little common sense will suffice in regards to that.

Whiskey is a whiny bitch. He practically announces himself everywhere and then bitches about people coming to streamsnipe him. He could go that extra meter to make it a lot harder for streamsnipers to catch the server he's in, but no. He hides nothing, taunts people to streamsnipe him and then bitch when they do.

Just to clarify' date=' I never tried to excuse what he did. In my opinion a permaban is just excessive, and I think a lot of opinions here are based on whether or not you like the guy. Like I said, let him serve his week long ban or whatever and move on.

I watch a lot of streams and when the oportunity presents itself, I will 100% join the game and play with the streamer, I think it's fun. So saying I'm "friends" with anyone is stretching.

I'm done with this thread now. I'm not going to try and argue with people cherry picking comments or videos and spinning them to their own agenda. A little common sense will suffice in regards to that.

[/quote']

I've never seen one of his stream before, neither heard of him. Saw the stream and made my opinion: He deserves to be punished harder than a week-long-ban. He wasn't there be mistake or anything, he was there to grief, to glitch and he was openly promoting it to countless players watching his stream.

As a streamer you're a rolemodel for many people if you're successful. And as such you have to be punished harder if you do sth that is against the rules. It doesn't matter if he went there for 5 minutes or an hour. He did it, he did it on purpose and he enjoyed it openly.

Oh wow.

After watching his Excuse/"5 minutes of rage" Bullshit i kinda felt sorry for opening this thread. (I don't know this guy. Never watched his Streams)

Now I see that he did it twice and indeed very deliberately. I'd vote for a permaban now too, bearing in mind that he showed this shit to a quite huge audience and acted like a true dick that nobody wants to see playing DayZ anymore.

If I was one of the players that were killed I would be pretty pissed off.

There should be a bigger punishment for teaching an audience an exploit. He certainly didn't show any hesitation to go and do it twice, which I believe is a permaban according to the rules. It is a rare occasion where you can actually prove it like this.

It's one thing to be new, spawn in the debug forest not knowing exactly whats going on but to travel there knowing exactly what you're going to do and doing it more than once. That's a fucking permaban.

So now he's allegedly been CD key banned, so he bought another one? Is ban evasion allowed? Watching the stream, that's what it looks like he's doing.

He said he didn't want to wait a week and just bought another cd key. He wasn't even sure if he was banned, just couldn't connect and immediately went for ban evasion by getting a new cd key. This isn't right, as the DayZ team banned HIM and not his CD key.

Indeed, watching his stream now and he's bought another key to circumvent a ban which he is not sure about.

His official statement:

"I stand behind whatever actions DAYZ takes against me for my actions - but i wont go a week without playing their awesome mod, and showing everyone it... so I have purchased a new ARMA CO - so I can play - I have learned my lesson from all of this. and Im going to move forward with a DIFFERENT attitude."

His official statement:

"I stand behind whatever actions DAYZ takes against me for my actions - but i wont go a week without playing their awesome mod' date=' and showing everyone it... so I have purchased a new ARMA CO - so I can play - I have learned my lesson from all of this. and Im going to move forward with a DIFFERENT attitude."

[/quote']

I.E. "I stand behind whatever actions DayZ takes against me, except I don't. And will dodge the ban immediately"

His twitch tv channel was just shut down justice iI think this can be closed now unless more ppl want to flame him which I'm all for.

I presumed he would of been banned quicker for the exploit from twitch. I saw a Twitch Admin in his channel earlier, is this ban a result of the exploit he used or did he recently in the past few hours do something to result in a ban?