killingwillum

weekly wipe dupping tents when i get server

Ok here it goes, I'm going to be getting a server in a little while and when i do i`m going to turn the server to private once a week and wipe it clean of dupping tents and barb wire. I know i`m going to get a lot of flak for this but i just don`t care. If you want to dupe items then go to some one else's server... i`m not going to let it happen in mine. So if that sounds like a server you want to be a part of, let me know on this threat or send me a message and when i have it up and running i`ll make sure you get the server name.

Oh and so you know, no i will not be taking any of the gear in the tents. I'm going to destroy the tents that are clearly being used for dupping and lay all the weapons out on the ground and then restart the server... no more mass amounts of rare items....

Thoughts?

Edit: ok... so you can`t set your server to private... fine... barely anyone plays on a server when it's dark.. i`ll hit them up then... oh and no i`m not crying... i`m pointing out that i`m not gonna allow that shit on something i`m paying for... its the whole point of paying for a server... its your rules...

Edited by killingwillum

It won't stop anything. You know the hive is cross server right? People can just get their duped weapons on other servers and come back to your server. All you'd be doing is wasting your time.

You can't make it private for even 10 seconds because your server gets blacklisted. Seriously. It's uncanny how fast they bring down the hammer on you for locking a server for 10 or 15 seconds.

black list... what by player complaints or what?

It's against the rules to have a private day z server. Basically the hive will black list you the second you set it as private.

ok well that makes sense...... well i guess i`ll just be doing it when people arent on the server.. considering the lack of people that want to play at night... i`ll be doing it when people begin to switch to a daylight server

is this really a "one day when i get a server, ill get you dupers!!!" thread?

funny

is this really a "one day when i get a server, ill get you dupers!!!" thread?

funny

No its not a rant or a crying thread... simply letting people know that i will be having a server in a few weeks that will have an owner actually doing something about the problems in the game that he can control.... i`m paying for the damn thing and if i want to go around when its empty and destroy dupping tents... guess what... i can...

Ok here it goes, I'm going to be getting a server in a little while and when i do i`m going to turn the server to private once a week and wipe it clean of dupping tents and barb wire. I know i`m going to get a lot of flak for this but i just don`t care. If you want to dupe items then go to some one else's server... i`m not going to let it happen in mine. So if that sounds like a server you want to be a part of, let me know on this threat or send me a message and when i have it up and running i`ll make sure you get the server name.

Oh and so you know, no i will not be taking any of the gear in the tents. I'm going to destroy the tents that are clearly being used for dupping and lay all the weapons out on the ground and then restart the server... no more mass amounts of rare items....

Thoughts?

You know there is no way to "wipe" a server without applying for a new instance ID, and they won't give you more then 1 per server... so unless you plan on spending every waking minute of your DayZ time emptying tents you won't be "wiping" your server...

There's other reasons players have mass amounts of rare items. And for you to think this is solely caused by 'dupers' makes me think you must be new to this whole DayZ thing.

There are plunderer's - players who scour common camp locations and take/steal what they want. Some of these people go from server to server collecting stuff, and some are more 'ethical' than others, which is a totally acceptable practice.

Grinders/loot manipulation - players will reroll loot piles in search of better loot. also quite harmless and most leave manipulated piles and clean up after themselves to let the next player get some loot.

Hackers/spawners - scum. but sometimes you stumble upon hacked boxes and stuff and idc really about taking them or my server's players taking them. Just a shame this stuff can happen in the first place.

But I totally agree that we admins should have full control over our servers and it's not really fair for us at the moment as to what we are and aren't allowed to do.

There's other reasons players have mass amounts of rare items. And for you to think this is solely caused by 'dupers' makes me think you must be new to this whole DayZ thing.

There are plunderer's - players who scour common camp locations and take/steal what they want. Some of these people go from server to server collecting stuff, and some are more 'ethical' than others, which is a totally acceptable practice.

Grinders/loot manipulation - players will reroll loot piles in search of better loot. also quite harmless and most leave manipulated piles and clean up after themselves to let the next player get some loot.

Hackers/spawners - scum. but sometimes you stumble upon hacked boxes and stuff and idc really about taking them or my server's players taking them. Just a shame this stuff can happen in the first place.

But I totally agree that we admins should have full control over our servers and it's not really fair for us at the moment as to what we are and aren't allowed to do.

Ok you have a point there about the looters and grinders. I'm simply talking about when i find tents with like ten or more of the same weapon and such. And yeah i`m new to it, heard about it a week ago and have been all over it since... i`m sorry i haven't been here from the begining but oh well.....

No, this isn't how you should go about things. All vigilante acts do is turn into horrible things. I can't even begin telling you how wrong this is.

You're new also, don't get a server. You don't understand DayZ yet. What if I find 10 m4 ccos and put them in my tent on your server. Then you being Mr. Vigilante, destroys it. I doubt anyone will want to play on your server. Me and my group always destroy dupers camps when we find them, we drop everything on the ground.

Atleast don't lock the server, be a man and do that shit legit.

Edited by TheDesigner

why is it that every fucking server that gets a few tents on it goes down? even if they are legit tents? bunch of fucking morons running servers here.

Edit: ok... so you can`t set your server to private... fine... barely anyone plays on a server when it's dark.. i`ll hit them up then... oh and no i`m not crying... i`m pointing out that i`m not gonna allow that shit on something i`m paying for... its the whole point of paying for a server... its your rules...

actually no, its not your rules.

DUDE, simply do NOT reset your server every 12 hours , its the server reset that dupes everything , just done reset.