ramatakahn

Duping seems to be fixed with the new DaYZ

I don't use much duping but there is still duping methods that work.

EDIT: I won't list them as I don't want to promote use of them.

Edited by sostronk

If duping is fixed then I vote for a hive reset.

Too many very rare items .... Aren't.

Rare items? You mean those things that I fill my inventory with about an hour after I respawn?

Edited by ZombieBait

Just tested it myself just before a server restart with a AK, wasn't there after server restart so i assume that duping method is fixed? good stuff.

Duping isnt fixed.

Since new patch Ive def seen gear duplicate, also seen "tentception" where you put up one tent and after a reset there is more than one there.

Also tents still dont disappear after a day or tow after you die like they should do.

I've never had my tent stuff save after a restart.

Yes, on the same server.

Yes "save old tent" a few times.

I get better results with cows :ôô:

What am I doing wrong ?

Ive had tents that will never save as well. But then my mate put one down right by mine and his worked fine. I think that one is luck of the draw.

Try putting down a bunch of tents put some crap in them until you find one that will save.

Then you have infinite gear just like everyone else.

I've never had my tent stuff save after a restart.

Yes, on the same server.

Yes "save old tent" a few times.

I get better results with cows :ôô:

What am I doing wrong ?

This really is apparently a case of haves and have nots, as it were.

My understanding with the wrestling match on tent coding was that the issue of not saving was with tents "over 1,000,000" which makes me think it's an issue where they used a six digit db id for the tents or something.

I doubt it's that simple and (as you know), just being a forum mod doesn't give me any special inside info on the inner workings of the dev team, but it seemd like we're in a situation where tents positioned in a certain way in the database are working but others aren't.

So my two tents, kept out there somewhere, seem to keep their gear even through server resets (except for my first SVD camo, which I STILL think might have been grabbed by a selective looter), while others have tents that never seem to work.

As for duping... It's not that I don't believe the people that say it cannot be avoided... But somehow I have. Two tents, nothing has ever duped... But I placed them once and left them, so only used in a very simple fashion.

You can also dupe items thats consumable very easy. Such as tanktraps, wirefencing, food and clothing

Edited by Baltsar

"As for duping... It's not that I don't believe the people that say it cannot be avoided... But somehow I have. Two tents, nothing has ever duped... But I placed them once and left them, so only used in a very simple fashion. "

You have your tent. Take something out of it. Come back after a server reset , said item is back in the tent AND in your inventory. The only way to solve this is to save the tent every time you put something in or take something out. Do you do that ?

Wouldn't a solutions to fight duping just be to make the tent save everytime you look in it? So if you open up the tent, put a weapon in it it saves automatically. That way you can't dupe anymore.

• Like 1

good idea, if duping is fixed then wipe that shit clean

If someone wants to dupe he will just rollback to 1.7.2.4, find a server, dupe there and update to 1.7.2.5 :/

From what i've read here in the forums ... tents are not necessary ... so i guess its not fixed?! ...

didnt read thread

only failures dupe using tents

clothing dupe method is 100x faster, 100x easier, 100x safer

edit: and i know for a fact that it works in 1.7.2.5

Edited by Buffjesus

every tent my group own are still there with correct items in them

we have treid every possible duping method we know of at it seems the duping has been fixed :thumbsup:

every tent my group own are still there with correct items in them

we have treid every possible duping method we know of at it seems the duping has been fixed :thumbsup:

its not

all you need is camo or ghillie

/infinite items

If duping is fixed then I vote for a hive reset.

Too many very rare items .... Aren't.

Time for everyone to spawn on the beach!