Sign in to follow this  
tbird9412

Halt all addition of new features until every possible bug is correctly patched.

The problem I keep seeing here is that in the history of game development, only a very small handful of people have ever actually been allowed to play a game in it's alpha state (generally just the developers themselves ever get to see a game at this stage) so most people have no idea what to even expect of a game in alpha. What is even more confusing for a lot of people is the trend over the last many years of studios releasing a public "beta" test which is really not a test phase at all, it's actually just a public preview of a nearly finished game used to generate hype.

So, many people have based their expectations of DayZ on experiences they had with other so called "beta" releases and they expect to have a similar experience with DayZ, when in fact, the level of access we have to the mod at this stage is nearly unprecedented. I can only think of a handful of other games which allowed the public at large access to the early alpha builds of the game, and people need to realize this when they are feeling pissed at DayZ for not living up to their expectations. The state of the game is perfectly normal for an alpha, and it will probably get worse before it gets better, this is to be expected.

I agree. Also I think that the hate posts popping up everywhere are ridiculous. This game has been given a huge ammount of attention by IGN and Machinima and a plethora of other media, and with that come thousands of players who had no clue the game was in Alpha. To be honest I rarely encounter game breaking bugs, the time in between is an amazing experience. Never had any trouble with hackers, never glitched through the floor and died... etc. I like to post on here because it seems the majority of threads are full of anger and QQ, whinning to get their lost gear back.

Edited by Naked_Snake

The problem I keep seeing here is that in the history of game development, only a very small handful of people have ever actually been allowed to play a game in it's alpha state (generally just the developers themselves ever get to see a game at this stage) so most people have no idea what to even expect of a game in alpha. What is even more confusing for a lot of people is the trend over the last many years of studios releasing a public "beta" test which is really not a test phase at all, it's actually just a public preview of a nearly finished game used to generate hype.

So, many people have based their expectations of DayZ on experiences they had with other so called "beta" releases and they expect to have a similar experience with DayZ, when in fact, the level of access we have to the mod at this stage is nearly unprecedented. I can only think of a handful of other games which allowed the public at large access to the early alpha builds of the game, and people need to realize this when they are feeling pissed at DayZ for not living up to their expectations. The state of the game is perfectly normal for an alpha, and it will probably get worse before it gets better, this is to be expected.

It's useless people don't want to listen to facts. I also think the mod will get worse before it gets better. There is even a big chance the development for the mod will be almost stopped once the stand alone has been released.

This game is hardly an alpha imo. More along the lines of a beta game, what more features/mechanics/improvements need to be in the game? Fix the scripting, the artifacting, the many bugs there are, and what do you have? A playable game/mod.

But Beta would be implying that the vast majority of the core gameplay features have been implemented, and all we'd be doing is squashing bugs at this point. I would really hope we're not secretly in a beta phase, because

> Find Gun

> Find Cherno

> Find Trouble

is a pretty limited in terms of supported gameplay features

I did and my response doesnt change. Yeah ur not asking for a complete game, but you are asking for them to focus on 1 thing. alpha is about experimenting with different codes and features. It's just part of the process. Beta is when they start focusing on the mechanics and bugs.

I can respect that.

As I understand it, DayZ will still be in Alpha when converting to the new engine, new engine = more content to put in.

oh most certainly. They (rocket + devs ) will be able to put everything they desire to turn this game into a beast once they have their new engine in place. IIRC, is the standalone going to be run on the arma III engine? or a totally unique engine of it's own?

True, and he does it without being a condescending dick. So hard to understand?

Learn to do some research, use words for their proper meaning, and take criticism when wrong is it so hard to understand?

oh most certainly. They (rocket + devs ) will be able to put everything they desire to turn this game into a beast once they have their new engine in place. IIRC, is the standalone going to be run on the arma III engine? or a totally unique engine of it's own?

The Arma 3 engine (Real virtuality 4) which shapes up to be awesome, which means the standalone will be great!

But Beta would be implying that the vast majority of the core gameplay features have been implemented, and all we'd be doing is squashing bugs at this point. I would really hope we're not secretly in a beta phase, because

> Find Gun

> Find Cherno

> Find Trouble

is a pretty limited in terms of supported gameplay features

Basically. The possibilities of this game are huge. I just hope that in a year it has stuck to its original cruel, unforgiving basis.< That being said, there is no reason for DayZ to be limited to Find gun, Find Cherno, Find trouble :D hahaha.

alpha. 2.5 was supposed to be a fix to 2.4 soooooo reverting makes no sense and you're pretty much...... wait.... for.... it.... retarded.

He would be retarded if 2.5 fixed 2.4 but probably 90-95% of players have it worse with the actual beta 95883. I don't even have 2.5 and so far everything is worse. Random respawning in dif. locations with each log in, atifacts in places i never got them before.

• Like 1

Learn to do some research, use words for their proper meaning, and take criticism when wrong is it so hard to understand?

Oh noes. D:

He would be retarded if 2.5 fixed 2.4 but probably 90-95% of players have it worse with the actual beta 95883. I don't even have 2.5 and so far everything is worse. Random respawning in dif. locations with each log in, atifacts in places i never got them before.

THANK YOU.

To highlight SystemiKs point - the state the mod is in right now is natural for an Alpha period.

Most dev's don't show the public games at this stage meaning we're to expect bugs, glitches and rough additions because it's the natural course of them creating mods and games that we'll love.

If you don't enjoy the state the Alpha is in, don't play, it will get better in time, we're here to test everything. Usually developers don't dare to show how rough a mod/game is at, atleast we get to watch DayZ mould into something even better.

All the best guys :)

• Like 1

wtf, why is there so many Pandas in here?

I did not earn that privilege yet to be a full Panda. i still have years of training ahead of me till i can feel proud and have the honor, me transforming into a full Panda.

Edited by MostlyPanda

Title says everything. With every patch the alpha seems to be going in reverse... I think that the dev team needs to take things one at a time instead of worrying about the new bandit/hero skins and humanity/karma.....etc. Theres a pretty ridiculous ammount of things that need fixing. I feel that instead of focusing entirely on the game breaking bugs.

Wait... karma??? Do spawn killers will become flying cows?

Rocket: "There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz" this topics are these undocumented changes xD

I did not earn that privilege yet to be a full Panda. i still have years of training ahead of me till i can feel proud and have the honor, me transforming into a full Panda.

Haha I see, hopefully one day you'll finish your training in becoming a fully transformed Panda, there's nothing better in the world than being a Panda!

Wait... karma??? Do spawn killers will become flying cows?

Rocket: "There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz" this topics are these undocumented changes xD

Haha hopefully! Also I heard random bear traps in the woods...

THANK YOU.

You're welcome, as far as 2.5 goes, i can't really say if that made anything better or worse as i do not have it yet, i do know that it added back the humanity/bandit/hero skins. I DO know that 95883 is in the shit though, and the beta before that was half as better as this 1. Seeing as Six Launcher hasn't been updated by the devs yet to have 2.5, it may be likely they will roll back 95883 and/or 2.5 with the plethora of complaints coming from being in the hotfix rolling update thread. Only time can tell though right?

Edited by Littleassassin2
  • Like 1

You're welcome, as far as 2.5 goes, i can't really say if that made anything better or worse as i do not have it yet, i do know that it added back the humanity/bandit/hero skins. I DO know that 95883 is in the shit though, and the beta before that was half as better as this 1. Seeing as Six Launcher hasn't been updated by the devs yet to have 2.5, it may be likely they will roll back 95883 and/or 2.5 with the plethora of complaints coming from being in the hotfix rolling update thread. Only time can tell though right?

Pretty much. Im going to just stick it out and see what comes of it. Im sure Rocket and his team are seeing posts like these. It shouldnt be long.

Pretty much. Im going to just stick it out and see what comes of it. Im sure Rocket and his team are seeing posts like these. It shouldnt be long.

Don't say that.

1.7.2.5 projected date will be wednesday august 1st
*august 1st comes and goes with no update, mass complaining ensues*
1.7.2.5 will become 1.7.3
*more waiting* 1.7.2.5 and 95883 comes out and everything is in the shit except for a few amount of people*

It wasn't supposed to be long with 2.5 but then they overshot the date by a long one, cancelled the update to make a bigger one, and then pushed it out again like a week 1/4 later. They are unpredictable Rocket and those developers.

edit: rocket DID say though that the hotfix was ONLY for the weekend, so it could be getting rolled back sunday night/monday morning/afternoon. who knows. It will be rolled back though probably, especially with all the problems its creating

Edited by Littleassassin2
  • Like 1

This game/mod/whatever does not have nearly enough content. People will get bored of it as they already are. If they don't add a shit tonne of new content, might as well call this Cherno DM. No point fixing the bugs atm, add more content and fix the bugs later. If they fix bugs, future updates may cause problems again. Im really quite concerned about content right now, really worried.

This game/mod/whatever does not have nearly enough content. People will get bored of it as they already are. If they don't add a shit tonne of new content, might as well call this Cherno DM. No point fixing the bugs atm, add more content and fix the bugs later.

You won't need content if you can't see shit in an ever increasing amount of places like most people are with the new updates. Yes there are some things they can put in there but take it as it is. Go hunt bandits, form a clan, raid NW airfield constantly until you get the perfect gear, repair the chopper and fly around cherno decimating everyone. Collect some 'nades and throw them all around elektro or something, maybe even do the same with smoke grenades.

• Like 1

Don't say that. *august 1st comes and goes with no update, mass complaining ensues* *more waiting* 1.7.2.5 and 95883 comes out and everything is in the shit except for a few amount of people*

It wasn't supposed to be long with 2.5 but then they overshot the date by a long one, cancelled the update to make a bigger one, and then pushed it out again like a week 1/4 later. They are unpredictable Rocket and those developers.

edit: rocket DID say though that the hotfix was ONLY for the weekend, so it could be getting rolled back sunday night/monday morning/afternoon. who knows. It will be rolled back though probably, especially with all the problems its creating

I have hope, against my better judgement :o

• Like 1