Sign in to follow this  
-NGR- Larkinto

The golden days of DayZ are over...

This game has become such a cesspool of hackers, dupers and coastline campers that it's almost unbearable. The latest patch brought no improvements, the graphical errors persist after all this time. Hackers are ruining servers, killing everyone, blowing up towns, spawning ammo crates on the coastline. The duping glitch/exploit is so easy that even a 12 year old retard can do it, this means DayZ has become a game of Laser Quest with thermal L85's and 1-hit kill AS50/M107's being carried by EVERYONE. DayZ was so much more enjoyable when helicopter loot was not available. This mod is gonna be abandonned now the standalone is coming, no big changes are going to be made. It's a dead game, already. And due to the current state of gameplay, it isn't even enjoyable. I'll wait for the DayZ standalone. Maybe rocket will have put some thought and creativity into his game design, maybe considering the actual setting, and realising how ridiculous it is that survivors of a zombie apocalypse in a post-Soviet shithole are running around with 30lb anti-material rifles.

If anyone wants to argue then I got some hand for you, punk bitch.

• Like 24

Yet people will still come to the defence of the game with tenuous logic.

inb4 umadbro, alpha etc.

• Like 7

they just need to go. okay server admins do what you want password your shit ect. then everyone can hide away in their own chernos not worried about blowing up or being turned into goats

dude if you been playing as long as you say, you know this is a standard "rocket patch" that fixes nothing and breaks things.

• Like 1

Played for about three hours today. I had a great time as did the guys I played with.

• Like 10

Played for about three hours today. I had a great time as did the guys I played with.

How many kills did you score from Elektro hills?

Zero. We weren't in Elektro. We were up north. Another player and myself were hunting Disgraced. After the hunt was over, we met up and drove around for a bit.

Point is, if the community puts an effort...you can still have fun in this game. Jumping into a server alone and having a good time. I guess some of us need to organize more community events. They rock!

• Like 3

I had a good time looting today as well. Not even near the coast.

Btw this patch fixed all my graphical issues, haven't had any ever since. No I'm not a fan boy, I'm just pointing out that you're applying your own biased statements to everyone.

• Like 1

The latest patch brought no improvements, the graphical errors persist after all this time. Hackers are ruining servers, killing everyone, blowing up towns, spawning ammo crates on the coastline. The duping glitch/exploit is so easy that even a 12 year old retard can do it...

Well, there needs to be a reason for everybody to go and buy a standalone, right? Pretty sure you can figure out the rest ;)

Truthfully, the main thing is them not dealing with hackers correctly.

Each day more and more players download hacks from a website and end up with 0 punishment. People see BattleEye isn't doing anything with the hackers they have now, so they decide to go ahead and download hacks because nobody is getting caught and BattleEye isn't stopping them.

I know this isn't Rocket's fault too why BattleEye isn't doing their part of the deal, but I think it's time to ditch them as an anti-hacking software and go with a different and more helpful anti-cheat/hacking company, after all, Rocket does work for BI.

All I can hope, is that they don't get BattleEye for the standalone version of the game.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68719-hunt-the-forum-mod/

Had pretty much everything Dayz is about.

Found a van, found a crashed heli, got sniped by a professional, made a couple of friends, got saved while unconscious, transfused, went for a crazy drive.

Good stuff.

• Like 2

How many times did you respawn at a random location on the coast in that 3 hour period?

http://dayzmod.com/f...-the-forum-mod/

Had pretty much everything Dayz is about.

Found a van, found a crashed heli, got sniped by a professional, made a couple of friends, got saved while unconscious, transfused, went for a crazy drive.

Good stuff.

Yeah I have to say that I hope he never has me in his sights!

You mean the golden days are over for you OP as Day Z is getting too hard to bare for you. I'm having fun still, so are lots of others. I don't see what the problem is.

• Like 1

How many times did you respawn at a random location on the coast in that 3 hour period?

Well, I know that people are having a problem, but truth to tell, I died once, respawned at Elektro. I've reconnected three times since then (thanks for the tractor, guys!) and no problems.

So it's not happening to everyone...

You mean the golden days are over for you OP as Day Z is getting too hard to bare for you. I'm having fun still, so are lots of others. I don't see what the problem is.

Yeah, so hard that an invisible hacker snipes both the OP and I at close range using an M107 while we were playing competently and carefully watching our backs from other players.

• Like 1

Yeah, so hard that an invisible hacker snipes both the OP and I at close range using an M107 while we were playing competently and carefully watching our backs from other players.

That's unfortunate and I've suffered my share of hacker experiences too, I've had just about everything happen to me but be thunderdomed and I push past that and I still play Day Z as that's how much I like it. No-one is saying hacking isn't a huge problem as it clearly is, but you either have to put up with it or just stop playing Day Z until stand-alone and hopefully those issues can be fixed.

• Like 1

If I think about Rocket either spending 4 weeks to fiddle around with a mod where he can't access the engine, trying to find complicated solutions to problems that could be solved far easier with the standalone... Instead of releasing the standalone 4 weeks earlier. I'd choose getting the standalone sooner, the mod will die anyway. I hope rocket doesn't use too many resources on the mod. Some updates on how its going with the standalone would be cool though.

Edited by DieBrotmafia
  • Like 1

I don't believe people who say their experience isn't ruined by the hackers on a daily basis, I just don't.

Today I've ONLY looted As50's and thermal scoped weapons, what does that say?

I'm just getting bored of the mod. I have done EVERYTHING. I don't even react when I die:i was surprised today when my character died while I was tabbed out, but that wasn't what surprised me, it was my own reaction. Abso-fuckin-lutely nothing. I have died so many times, it is just expected. Hunting players? Done it before, when you don't give a shit about your life, it really isn't exciting. An easy solution would be to care more, but I just can't. You just get numb to it after awhile. Hell, the suggestions forum is just a bunch of people saying the same goddamn shit over and over and over again. Search doesnt work at all. I type in medical, first result is something about a czech vest pouch. The FUCK!?!?

Edited by Quaby
  • Like 1