Multiple 1.7.2.5 Glitches

Date/Time: 8/11/12 8:00pm

What happened: Humanity glitch, graphical glitch

Where you were: NWAF

What you were doing: Testing new patch

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.5

*Server(s) you were on: Forget will post on edit

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error: Log in get 2 glitches log out.

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjFMRWn0PlU&feature=plcp

• Like 2

I also get that alot, what i do to fix it is. Hold LSHIFT, press - on your numpad, release both and type "flush"

If that don't work, restart game.

Flush only works for a couple of seconds..... Restarting doesn't solve it either.

I get the glitches all the times when I walk through a forest,...complete whiteouts.... It's pretty annoying.

Tried all different kinds of settings,.....

Does anyone have another idea how to fix it maybe?

press ESC and then alt+"enter" (get in windows mode), wait until it has loaded everything. Press alt+"enter" again to go back to normal. works only if you constantly see the artifacts while loading.

Edited by The L!ne

Me and three others playing last night simply couldnt go anywhere near berezino as we all blinded by graphical artefacts, tears and b&w triangles making completely impossible to play. Tried re logging, switching servers, alt tabbng etc and still the same. Went south and came back 3 hours later on anothre server and still the same for all of us, couldn't see anything. Seems to be only around the medical tents and some buildings as far as I found. Didnt happen if i looked at the forest.

from what i've experienced this only happens in area's with dead soldier bodies, (note not zombies, but the dead soldier laying around in like cherno, airstrips ect), aborting and logging in does sometimes work, but in just very rare cases, if you still want to pass/loot these area's this is what i always do:

Look at the ground and aim up little by little as far as you can, for aslong as there arnt any dead bodies in your line of sight (be it direct or indirect), see till how far you can still look up without having the glitch and venture forward. say when looting stary sobor's military camp you can look into all the tents, aim just a little bit up, and walk sideways looking into the tents.

doesnt solve the problem, i know, but makes it easier to live with.

I'm wondering, why the topic was deleted (not started by me) where all the sources were listed of the glitch.. hurts in butt?

for now it was:

- dead soldiers

- non-player-placed fences or tank-traps (not every time)

- wires of the tents (non-player-placed, at least I've never seen a player-tent produce the glitch)

- obstacles (not every!)

edit:

Versions are

ArmA2 OA: 96015

DayZ: 1.7.2.5

Edited by crckdns

i got stuck in balota air field last night because of this, and then got mauled to death by a bunch of zeds i couldn't see :(

i now get this message when trying to launch dayz

dayzerror.jpg

any ideas???

tom

edit:

it says

No entry 'C:\users\tom\documents\ArmA2\ArmA2OA.cgf.3D_performance.'

Edited by tommyd

So, what i've found for now.

1.7.2.5/**061Combined Operation steam-version

geforce 560 ti latest drivers

Changing video settings does't help. Any of it.

Flush doesn't help and even make glitches worse.

replacement of anim.pbo or model/texture data from previous version of dayz/arma2 doesnt help

replacement of anim.pbo or model/texture data from arma2free doesnt help

reinstallation of arma2 and arma2oa doesn't help

reinstallation of arma2oa with non-steam arma2free version removed glitches until ALT+TAB and never got back to normal. It may contain a key to solvation, because most of people i asked about glitches had no problem with arma2free or arma2demo from steam. But still, reinstallation of arma2free again didn't solve it.

go to windowed and back - doesnt help.

I heard a rumor about videocards, and will check it if i can play whith another card w/o artifacts and post here, if i sucseed.

Edited by fiarel

No entry 'C:\users\tom\documents\ArmA2\ArmA2OA.cgf.3D_performance.'

Launch arma2oa and arma2. error says you miss a file with video settings, and the file generates on first launch of original game.

• Like 1

So... Got news. I've tried another videocard and nothing changed. Also i found sortof fix. If you check appcash in steam game properties you will get 1 corrupted file in both arma2 and arma2oa. I fixed both, then initialised a game by launching comb operations, then launch dayz with sixlauncher and go any server. No glitches. But if i change settings or alt+tab or close and open again artifacts get back. So... Any thoughts?

yes the artifacting is insane and no fix is expected. you can look around google for ways to config ur graphics card or try flushing, but word on the street is there will be no more patches or updates for dayzmod.

so, have fun with the artifacting and jacked tents and vehicles, as the hive is broken too, The only thing to do now is wait for the standalone, which will probly be LOL just like this game.

The only solution for me is, to restart the game. I tried The LeftSkift + - And typed "Flush" nearly 40 times, it only got worse. So the only solution that works for me is restart the whole game!

Edited by WiickeN

I found a fix which has work for me so far! Using nvida card 560 tti 448 sli, but think this would work with any nvida card

1, make sure you have lastest drivers!

2, go to nvidia control panel

3, go to manage 3d setting tab

4, then choose the program setting tab, not the global tab

5, use drop down menu to select arma 2operation arrowhead, if its not there add it using the add button.I have mine via steam to was in the steamapps folder then common folder then arma 2 arrowhead then open the exe to add it to nivdia.

6, then scroll down the settings in nvidia to the one that says " Threaded optimisation" set to auto as default i think so just change it to off then hit apply, then enjoy artifact free dayz!

Now i cant say for certain that this is gonna fix it permanently for everyone, But since i tried this I have seen no artifact glitching in dayz using the version 1.7.2.5

I believe there is a way to do this with ati cards but i Dont have an ati card so cant say for sure but go search google as am sure i have seen a post on it somewhere and it could be worth checking out!

I found a fix which has work for me so far! Using nvida card 560 tti 448 sli, but think this would work with any nvida card

1, make sure you have lastest drivers!

2, go to nvidia control panel

3, go to manage 3d setting tab

4, then choose the program setting tab, not the global tab

5, use drop down menu to select arma 2operation arrowhead, if its not there add it using the add button.I have mine via steam to was in the steamapps folder then common folder then arma 2 arrowhead then open the exe to add it to nivdia.

6, then scroll down the settings in nvidia to the one that says " Threaded optimisation" set to auto as default i think so just change it to off then hit apply, then enjoy artifact free dayz!

Now i cant say for certain that this is gonna fix it permanently for everyone, But since i tried this I have seen no artifact glitching in dayz using the version 1.7.2.5

I believe there is a way to do this with ati cards but i Dont have an ati card so cant say for sure but go search google as am sure i have seen a post on it somewhere and it could be worth checking out!

Didn't help. And i'm afraid it'll never be done: dayz'll be made as standalone game, so mod will be dropped... And what for did i own arma2...

This is what I did to fix artifacting for myself.

1) Go to your documents folder on your computer and open the ARMA2 folder.

2) Right click on the profile file should look something like xxxxxxx.ArmA2OAProfile and open it with notepad.

3) Scroll to the bottom and look for sceneComplexity=300000; and change whatever number you have to 100000. should look like this sceneComplexity=100000;

4) Save file and close it out and load game and should have no more problems with artifacting.

Ranger Out!

I have tried every fix (including editing .pbo files) and nothing is working. If anything, the tempory fixes for the artifacts are less successful since 1.7.2.5.

I got a intresting solution, worked for me and other strangers in game. You know this solution to press "shift" and "-" on numlock and to enter flush`?

Never worked for me, but then I tried something different. I looked trough my Binoculars and then I used this shift / - / flush thing. And guess what? it worked the first time for me after more then 2 weeks. You should try this too. Get a binocular, look trough it, and use the flush-command. After I putted my binocular away, I had no glitches anymore. (but they reaapear when I used again the binocular).

Maybe this helps you as a workaround. Give you a good advantage against other bandits!

Me and three others playing last night simply couldnt go anywhere near berezino as we all blinded by graphical artefacts, tears and b&w triangles making completely impossible to play. Tried re logging, switching servers, alt tabbng etc and still the same. Went south and came back 3 hours later on anothre server and still the same for all of us, couldn't see anything. Seems to be only around the medical tents and some buildings as far as I found. Didnt happen if i looked at the forest.

yEAH The artifacting was horrible that last few days...Now I'm stuck in komenko face down and unconsious and stuck. I am hating my day off so far...please kill me on server us1979 in komenko...SOMEONE KILL ME PLEASE!

Hi forum community!

I too am getting different polygon glitches than in the previous (1.7.2.4) version. Flush DOES NOT work, restarting DOES NOT work, and my gfx card has been upgraded and has the correct drivers.

Right, having ruled out those common solutions, here are the locations I have experienced glitching: rail bridge on East coast outside Berezino, Cherno town hall, and Balota airfield (warehouses, ATC tower, hangars).

Ranger, didn't help. Also, i figured it out. Some files are get corrupted after first launch and quitting. If you check files for errors on steam, it will find corrupted files. I have manually installed dayz, so after update i move AddOns folder from arma2 to arma2oa and launch the game by shortcut without glitches. After quitting or alt+tab glitches come back. then you must recheck game cache and agaim and again. If someone could find out which file is getting corrupted we may think about solutions.