what's the difference? I don't seem to be able to carry anymore than I did to start with

Czech Pack can carry 20 pieces, the pack you start with can only carry 10.

I have figured that you can open backpacks and how to do it properly only on thrid day of playing dayz. All these years before - didnt know you can use backpacks that way XD

Which Czech pack? There are two. There's the big hiking backpack and then there's the little vest pack that has less slots.

There is a Check BACKPACK and there is a check chest harness (magazine holder). The backlpack holds like 14 items (I am randomly throwing that number out not sure). The Czeck CHEST RIG holds like 6 items.

AFAIK, 'packs go in increments of 4. Coyote has 8 slots, that small thing - 12, Czech pack -16, ALICE - 20, and that mythical Coyote Elite - 24

I could have swore that the Czech vest pack had less than the default.

Yes the Czech Chest Pack holds fewer and when I tried it, I couldn't keep it and my Coyote so I don't see the point.

Vest pouches are useless, though I suppose if you'd lost all your gear it's better than nothing. I also found an Assault Pack the other day which I think had 18 slots, still worse than ALICE and Coyote backpack but I hadn't seen one before.

Yea if you pick up the chest pack it goes on your back and replaces your coyote which has more slots; it's really pointless apart from if you somehow lose your starting backpack. Is this a bug? Are you supposed to be able to carry it along side your current backpack to add 6 extra slots?

cool, thanks guys. I found an ALICE pack my first night playing and was immediately murked for it. this chzech backpack I found I just figured out. if you want to pick up an item just say open chzech(or whatever applies) and you can stuff it in there. I've been alive in game time for about 1 1/2 days...I have everything I need except a hunting knife, tent and matches. I have a revolver, cz550 with 7 clips, lee enfield in the sack with 3 clips, 3 full canteens and 3 canned goods..binocs, a watch, map, and compass. who ever kills me is gonna have a field day.

czech has 16 or 14. Alice has 20 100% sure, then the coyote backpack has 24!

I have a revolver' date=' cz550 with 7 clips, lee enfield in the sack with 3 clips[/quote']

Whats the point in carrying both an enfield and an cz?

They fill almost the same role.

You'd be better off replacing that enfield with a winchester, so you have atleast one weapon that doesn't make so much noise.

CZ have a scope, a zeroable scope. Enfield doesn't.

Big difference. Try to shoot someone at 800M with the Enfield.

I can 100% confirm the folowing stats as i have seen personaly.

Cyote 8 slots

Chzech POUCH 6 slots (smaller than starting pack)

Chzech 16 slots

ALICE 20 slots

Cyote (Cammo) 24 slots

Note that there is no name diference between the Super huge cyote and the normal cyote the only dicernable difference is that the large one has a cammo pattern.

Checks and ALICE packs have been found almost everywhere , gaurd houses apartments churches aircraft hangers. The only place we have no found any is in warehouses and factorys.

I hope this is helpfull.

AFAIK' date=' 'packs go in increments of 4. Coyote has 8 slots, that small thing - 12, Czech pack -16, ALICE - 20, and that mythical Coyote Elite - 24

[/quote']

Coyote Elite isn't Mythical, I got one about 5 minutes after I asked what the largest pack was. Shock of my life.

haha, then is there any real point to switching to a czech pouch at all? wouldn't it be a downgrade?

haha' date=' then is there any real point to switching to a czech pouch at all? wouldn't it be a downgrade?

[/quote']

Pretty much , i have no idea what purpose it serves

Since there is no actual benefit on swapping to the smallest pack maybe make it the starter gear. Or if there is plans to make items usable without opening the harness like a backpack, yes?

Czech Vouch Pack = 8 slots

Patrol Pack (coyote) = 10 slots [Default]

Czech backpack = 16 slots

ALICE pack = 20 slots

Backpack (coyote) = 24 slots

Also:

Camping tent = 50 slots (up to 10 weapons, up to 5 backpacks inside)

Also:

Pistols = 5 slots

Primary weapons = 8 slots

"Big" Primary weapons = 10 slots (those that should not let you take secondary weapons like launchers in original ArmA 2, m107, machine guns and such)