SoulShaper2

How many people have the "Hero" skin? and do i have it?

How does it? I'm a medic, lonewolf, healed over a 100 players, 41 since i started counting and became an official medic. Yeah you get killed by assholes that are bored or rob you.

But never been killed by a patient, yet.

Interesting, I am thinking of becoming a medic. Because let's be honest here I am a hero the world doesn't know it yet. What's your strategy? Do you go fully geared to patients or do you hide most of your stuff and just take with you what is necessary in case you get killed.

I am just asking in general because I know you won't give away details in order to keep yourself safe from bandits.

well, you arent exactly a hero if you are just by yourself, or am i missing something? you steadily gain humanity over time, if i am not mistaken.

According to Soulshaper2 you can be. As for gaining humanity over time. I think it stops at 2500. I have started with that number and I am still there. So I guess you can't become a hero just by sitting in the woods and hunting cows. ;P

Interesting, I am thinking of becoming a medic. Because let's be honest here I am a hero the world doesn't know it yet. What's your strategy? Do you go fully geared to patients or do you hide most of your stuff and just take with you what is necessary in case you get killed.

I am just asking in general because I know you won't give away details in order to keep yourself safe from bandits.

TBH we have tons of people trying to be medic's i was the 13th before this thing took off :P now we have ton's of people trying to be medic's and no one bodygaurding or being logistic's.

It's better to roll in a small squad and share the fame then go all out solo, the reason i have done it recently is my team is AFK for the past week so i've had to, the other thing is logistic's, no one wants to be it so the medic's that were always part of it are having to be part of it as well which slow's down response time. if your still desperate to be a medic heres what i do:

I move with a squad, usually a new person each day till my bodygaurd gets back, when near a patient's location and in position to protect them from Zeds/Players but still make sure he can't turn, we give them the server, they log in and crouch and face away from us (we give them a compass heading) i move in while my overwatch has eyes on the whole place looking at me, and for other players once healed if i trust him, he comes with us, if i dont or we simply dont have time or the space, he gives me 20 seconds to evac before he turns around.

well, you arent exactly a hero if you are just by yourself, or am i missing something? you steadily gain humanity over time, if i am not mistaken.

No i know im not a "hero" i just try to help others out =P

• Like 1

No i know im not a "hero" i just try to help others out =P

Then its just going to take a bit more time :P but i dont think it will be ages, my humanity is growing pretty fast. (: even when im solo.

Edited by TobiWanKanobi

TBH we have tons of people trying to be medic's i was the 13th before this thing took off :P now we have ton's of people trying to be medic's and no one bodygaurding or being logistic's.

It's better to roll in a small squad and share the fame then go all out solo, the reason i have done it recently is my team is AFK for the past week so i've had to, the other thing is logistic's, no one wants to be it so the medic's that were always part of it are having to be part of it as well which slow's down response time. if your still desperate to be a medic heres what i do:

I move with a squad, usually a new person each day till my bodygaurd gets back, when near a patient's location and in position to protect them from Zeds/Players but still make sure he can't turn, we give them the server, they log in and crouch and face away from us (we give them a compass heading) i move in while my overwatch has eyes on the whole place looking at me, and for other players once healed if i trust him, he comes with us, if i dont or we simply dont have time or the space, he gives me 20 seconds to evac before he turns around.

Vary naaaice. Sounds more like a black ops mission than being a medic. Alright I will apply for a position at The Wasteland Medics and see how it goes. But first I need a tent.

According to Soulshaper2 you can be. As for gaining humanity over time. I think it stops at 2500.

I don't really think so. I have 4500 or so, I've only bandaged 1 player, gave 2 blood transfusions and shot 1 bandit... I think it slowly increases too.

Then its just going to take a bit more time :P but i dont think it will be ages, my humanity is growing pretty fast. (: even when im solo.

Haha the game thinks im a hero ;) i dont =P

I don't really think so. I have 4500 or so, I've only bandaged 1 player, gave 2 blood transfusions and shot 1 bandit... I think it slowly increases too.

Yeah but you have done something. Yesterday I was checking my humanity the whole day and haven't done any of the stuff you have mentioned above. Still stuck at 2500. I think if you are in the minus range it will gain over time until a certain number if you behave.

But so far I don't know if you really gain a bit humanity with just not killing anybody or if you actually have to help others to be on the plus side and eventually become a hero.

According to Soulshaper2 you can be. As for gaining humanity over time. I think it stops at 2500. I have started with that number and I am still there. So I guess you can't become a hero just by sitting in the woods and hunting cows. ;P

You get the ''Hero'' skin at 5000, and i dont think theres a limit. remember, it stays with you even if you die, so lots of people have tons of humanity. Ive even seen people with -327.000 humanity. Yeah, i know.

My humanity resets to 0 every now and then including my Zed kills, however i still have the skin so i really couldn't* give imput on when it stops =P

Edited by SoulShaper2

Thats the ''hero skin'' on my friend sitting down and i crouching. :)

lol dude at the back looks like he is suffering from brain-slug

You get the ''Hero'' skin at 5000, and i dont think theres a limit. remember, it stays with you even if you die, so lots of people have tons of humanity. Ive even seen people with -327.000 humanity. Yeah, i know.

Ah I see I think there is a misunderstanding. According to other players you get humanity over time without actually doing anything to gain. This means if you are in the minus range it will slowly go up once you stop killing others. What I meant was the auto-gain is capped at 2500. If you want to go higher you actually have to do something like patching up other players.

That's my assumption because I have never patched up another player and my humanity is at 2500. Maybe I should kill someone to see if there is an auto-gain. ;P

• Like 1

But so far I don't know if you really gain a bit humanity with just not killing anybody or if you actually have to help others to be on the plus side and eventually become a hero.

i was in a group at the time, but i didnt do anything for them, and my humanity went up. i dont know if you gain humanity by staying in a group. (i dont know how they would implement that into the game files.)

Ah I see I think there is a misunderstanding. According to other players you get humanity over time without actually doing anything to gain. This means if you are in the minus range it will slowly go up once you stop killing others. What I meant was the auto-gain is capped at 2500. If you want to go higher you actually have to do something like patching up other players.

That's my assumption because I have never patched up another player and my humanity is at 2500. Maybe I should kill someone to see if there is an auto-gain. ;P

Oh! yeah, i didnt get that. You are probably right, my humanity was reset, so that may very well be.

(:

lol dude at the back looks like he is suffering from brain-slug

yeah my char got duped when i logged out and in again, my friends and i just shot him to be sure, because my skin was black and the duped char was white. so yeah, thats why he looks a bit tormented. :P

Then how come my humanity and Zed kills reset so i have 0 yet im still rocking the hero skin?

cause humanity doesn't reset like other stats (it lasts between lives and skin changes or used to)

Edited by Orthus

Then how come my humanity and Zed kills reset so i have 0 yet im still rocking the hero skin?

It's the effect of skin change. Whenever you change skins in the game, it's as if a new character respawned. (That's why it kicks you to 1st person too). When you'll reload, you'll have your stats back.

no no, im playing the character, and while running it all just Resets, no death nothing.

no no, im playing the character, and while running it all just Resets, no death nothing.

yeah, i dont know if that is a bug or ''a new start'' or something. my stats got reset too, but i was still on the server scoreboard with my 97 zed kills.

Wait what? I really hope it just resets on the surface and not in the database. I want my hero skin!

Wait what? I really hope it just resets on the surface and not in the database. I want my hero skin!

It's on the surface, i lose all my Zed kills, Humanity halfway through play, however if i log out for the night and come back i still got ma hero ;D

It's on the surface, i lose all my Zed kills, Humanity halfway through play, however if i log out for the night and come back i still got ma hero ;D

Yeah, but what if you haven't reached your hero skin yet. Do you have to start from scratch again once you are dead? I hope not. So if it really resets to 0 then I must have done something to get my 2500 right?

Yeah, but what if you haven't reached your hero skin yet. Do you have to start from scratch again once you are dead? I hope not. So if it really resets to 0 then I must have done something to get my 2500 right?

it only resets after you get the skin, not when you die. (: (thats what i have tried myself, not sure if this is happening for everyone.

good point, i dont actually know as i updated and BAM i was a hero all of a sudden <_<