CallerSyng

a new objective for the game? what you guys think?

sorry if my english isn't correct but i guess you guys can understand.

first of all i have to say that the game is realy cool and veeeery real but in my opinion it is missin a main objective, of course the primary objective is survive but the game should have something else like a rank like "Who is the best player?" and I 'am not talking about how big is the player's K/D I 'am talking about something like a special item you can collect and the fist in the rank is the player who can keep this special item longer than the others and each server will have his own rank or game mode if there will be some other game type i don't know, one point i forgot to mention is that the other players can't know who is caring the special item and the game become more tense (for me is more exciting) and competitive, but when "The Special Guy" leave the server the special item spawn randomly at somewhere else, and if you kill "The Special Guy" he drops the item and the item stay there for one hour if nobody taks the item he spawn randomly at other place.

Now, what you guys think? do you agree with my suggestion? and again sorry if my english isn't correct

I dunno, I wouldn't want people hunting you for your title.

I think if they kept track of who had the longest amount of days survived, that could be cool, but I'm sure that's being done already.

i know but as i said this must be just one game type like CoD i know CoD doesn't looks like DayZ Mod but there is a lot of game modes like TDM, FFA, etc...

and please guys comment here I really want to know your opinion about this idea

i know but as i said this must be just one game type like CoD i know CoD doesn't looks like DayZ Mod but there is a lot of game modes like TDM' date=' FFA, etc...

and please guys comment here I really want to know your opinion about this idea

[/quote']

This isn't CoD and it isn't WoW.

I don't need a K/D ratio, statistics like these destroyed teamplay over the past couple of years, in all shooter series which introduced statistics. While BF3 is an excellent game, BF1942 had more teamplay going on. I'm a decent player in such shooters, but please don't introduce statistics like those common ones in DayZ. If there are statistics I'd be interested in it would be stuff like time survived, # of food/drink items consumed, distance travelled/driven, average blood level, # of times bandaged another player/gave him/her a transfusion etc.

And carrying a certain piece of equipment or item just to gain some points (whatever they may look like) doesn't seem fitting to the whole setting. And I wouldn't want to do it so that CoD players could take a look on some kind of scoreboard and start hunting me for an item I don't even need to survive, no thanks.

You want to survive. Stay alive as long as possible. Some more long-term goals like fixing vehicles and building a little camp with your buddies would be welcome in my opinion, but it shouldn't be a necessity to reach all of those goals. Besides that, I can't think of an additional long term goal which would be fitting.

Oh and please no achievements.

thanks guys i read all the coments and i took a conclusion i guess the biggest part of you didn't like my ideia, but i realy want some kind of rank as Ballerpapst said a rank of distance travelled/driven or something like that.

and again what you guys think? Do you think the game must have some kind of rank or something like that or not the game is pretty fine in that point?

I think their should be a rank system for the number of zombies youve killed