LtHyperion

Mk 48 Mod 0, dropping Backpack

Date/Time: 11.08.2012 23:30 (timezone Berlin)

What happened: Basically what it says in the title. When I equip the Mk 48 Mod 0 it drops my backpack. Since I couldn't find anything on the net about this I assume it's a bug.

Where you were: Not relevant, happens anywhere.

What you were doing: Equipping the Mk 48 Mod 0 as primary weapon.

Date/Time: 11.08.2012 23:30 (timezone Berlin)

What happened: Basically what it says in the title. When I equip the Mk 48 Mod 0 it drops my backpack. Since I couldn't find anything on the net about this I assume it's a bug.

Where you were: Not relevant, happens anywhere.

What you were doing: Equipping the Mk 48 Mod 0 as primary weapon.

To be sure you're not the only one, same thing happened to me.

When I pick up or equip the Mk 48 Mod 0, it will drop my backpack. And when I want to pick up a backpack again, it will drop my Mk 48 Mod 0. In both cases it's completely gone, so you cannot pick it up again from the ground.

Tested it with several weapons, but only the Mod 0 has this problem.

Strange thing is, that it worked a few weeks ago.

I have the MK48 Mod 0, and can assure you its one slot.

You both have picked up a hacked version, which takes up 2 slots.

I noticed this with the M240... However, I was fairly sure that it was hacked in, as I found it on what I thought to have been a hackers body. I have held the M240 and the Mk 48 without any problems before. So my guess is that it has something to do with the hacked in versions...

I had the same thing... I found it in one of the hangars of NW airfield and lost my Coyote Backpack because of it :(

I found it between the regular loot, seems odd that a hacker would actually look for loot and leave his hacked gun behind.

Never had the problem with a Mk 48, but a two friends of mine experienced the same with a M249 SAW.

Edit: It was looted off a dead player btw.

Edited by Venerable

Happend to me with a m107. the m107 might have been hacked into the game because we found some hacker/usarmy boxes a few hundred meters away

If you find a weapon that isn't a rocket launcher and it makes you drop your backpack, it's a hacked item.

I won't get into the ethics of using a hacked item, but I can assure you you won't get banned for using it, but it's best to put it on a dead body and then hide it.

/thread