domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Where are i can get full log ? And where are cache and settings of the programm ?

You can get it by just pressing CTRL + C on the error dialog.

What you mean with cache?

The settings are in your AppData folder, not sure why you want to access it though.

I noticed that my DaRT tool is running a bit slow at time. And now when I type global chat into it, if it is really lagging behind I do not see that it is typed and others can see it in the server. I almost have to disconnect and reconnect in order to ensure that my global chat is seen when I try to warn of a restart and such. Not sure why it is running slower, have nearly all the logging turned off so it doesn't spam into the window cause that makes it run even slower.

Also I miss seeing the banned so and so feedback message. It helped me doublecheck that I included someone as I generally add them with the tool with a handful at once when I find a bunch in my logs. (sad I have to add more than one person frequently)

I noticed that my DaRT tool is running a bit slow at time. And now when I type global chat into it, if it is really lagging behind I do not see that it is typed and others can see it in the server. I almost have to disconnect and reconnect in order to ensure that my global chat is seen when I try to warn of a restart and such. Not sure why it is running slower, have nearly all the logging turned off so it doesn't spam into the window cause that makes it run even slower.

Are you using Gotcha?

Can you tell me how much memory/CPU DaRT uses?

Can you try to right click into the log and use Clear and see if the lag is gone?

Also I miss seeing the banned so and so feedback message. It helped me doublecheck that I included someone as I generally add them with the tool with a handful at once when I find a bunch in my logs. (sad I have to add more than one person frequently)

Which feedback do you mean?

• Like 1

Hi DomiStyle

Is there a possiblity for a larger chat window? or scale tab window/chat window?

Edited by Noah

Hi DomiStyle

Is there a possiblity for a larger chat window? or scale tab window/chat window?

[NEW] Log window is now resizable!

[NEW] Increased size of log window

[NEW] Log window will save chosen size

Yes, there is in the next version.

Also there is a changelog for the upcoming version in the first post which I update when I add new stuff.

Is there a way to adjust the log scrolling frame?

Must learn to read the changelog, patiently waiting for .8 :)

Thanks

Sean

Edited by ssbob

Hello, just after my last patch on my Vilayer server i can log into my server with Dart and It will work fine for 1-5 minutes and then i start getting This ===>>> 2012-12-11 | 01:23:41] Could not connect to BE Master

[2012-12-11 | 01:23:41] Update attempt failed and this just spams the Dart chat until i restart Dart

not sure whats going on but been told by a few friends that there are scripts that can block RCon tools.

P.S. Vilayer just started using Gotcha Anti-hack if that might be causing the issue.

I have a feature request:

My server is running the server side stuff for Gotcha Anti-hack which dumps out a TON of information to the console, basically anything that can normally be logged. Would it be possible to add a filter to the console output so that admins could view specific things? Maybe even have a set of output windows spread across multiple tabs?

For example, I like to keep an eye on the chat logs while a friend handles the main admin monitoring tasks with Gotcha, but with all that extra info it's pretty hard to follow. I usually have to copy it out to a text editor and sift through the chats there.

Hello, just after my last patch on my Vilayer server i can log into my server with Dart and It will work fine for 1-5 minutes and then i start getting This ===>>> 2012-12-11 | 01:23:41] Could not connect to BE Master

[2012-12-11 | 01:23:41] Update attempt failed     and this just spams the Dart chat until i restart Dart

not sure whats going on but been told by a few friends that there are scripts that can block RCon tools.

P.S. Vilayer just started using Gotcha Anti-hack if that might be causing the issue.

It's an issue with your server not being able to update BattlEye because the BattlEye server is down. It's normal but I will add a filter for it in the next version.

I have a feature request:

My server is running the server side stuff for Gotcha Anti-hack which dumps out a TON of information to the console, basically anything that can normally be logged. Would it be possible to add a filter to the console output so that admins could view specific things? Maybe even have a set of output windows spread across multiple tabs?

For example, I like to keep an eye on the chat logs while a friend handles the main admin monitoring tasks with Gotcha, but with all that extra info it's pretty hard to follow. I usually have to copy it out to a text editor and sift through the chats there.

Did you try the filters in the settings?

Hi, I use DaRT in my server but i have a problem, when the server restart DaRT doesn't reconnect. I have marked the option recconect, What's the problem? If I want connect server again I do clik in disconnect and connect.

Sorry for the english.

Yah my Dart/Rcon seems to crash the server everytime upon connect. Is there a way to fix this?

First of all, great rcon tool. Using this on a Wasteland server, any chance of adding the ability to see kill messages? Player A killed Player B etc.

Hi, I use DaRT in my server but i have a problem, when the server restart DaRT doesn't reconnect. I have marked the option recconect, What's the problem? If I want connect server again I do clik in disconnect and connect.

Sorry for the english.

The reconnect option is not made to do that yet, it will be included in one of the next versions.

Yah my Dart/Rcon seems to crash the server everytime upon connect. Is there a way to fix this?

I am aware of that problem.

Could could you try to disable "Request players/bans on connect" in the settings?

If that doesn't work could you send me your crash report?

arma2OA.rpt, arma2OA.bidmp and arma2OA.mdmp should be located in your profile folder.

Most of the times this is cfgdayz or whatever you specified in -profiles= in your startup parameters.

If you didn't set your startup parameters it is located in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA.

I would need all 3 files if possible.

First of all, great rcon tool. Using this on a Wasteland server, any chance of adding the ability to see kill messages? Player A killed Player B etc.

Not possible to see this via RCon, sorry.

You will have to get an additional mod for it.

I'm sure this has already been asked before, but I was hoping for a feature that allows me to select a timezone (depending on where you live), and the ability to set when you've scheduled specific restarts for your server which would allow you to send global warnings 10, 5, and 1 minute prior to the restart. I'm not asking for you to implement the reboot sequence, just a simple message at a specified time.

I'd set it to EST, and enable a 10, 5, and 1 minute warning before a scheduled restart that I have set in my HFBserver game control panel for 12am, 6am, 12pm, and 6pm.

I'm sure this has already been asked before, but I was hoping for a feature that allows me to select a timezone (depending on where you live), and the ability to set when you've scheduled specific restarts for your server which would allow you to send global warnings 10, 5, and 1 minute prior to the restart. I'm not asking for you to implement the reboot sequence, just a simple message at a specified time.

I'd set it to EST, and enable a 10, 5, and 1 minute warning before a scheduled restart that I have set in my HFBserver game control panel for 12am, 6am, 12pm, and 6pm.

Use BEC. http://ibattle.org/

Doesn't that require local access to the server? Mine's hosted by HFB.

Just wanted to add to when people have said "It's lagged sometimes, and I have to stop / restart the tool for it to catch up". If you have lots of people on your server, all RCON programs have this problem, Gotcha, Dart, you name it I have had the problem. If I have 20+ people in large population areas (causing lots of zombies to spawn say) or 40+ people just around the server.. it starts to lag. The more people in heavily populated areas / zombie spawns it causes even more lag on the RCon clients.

It would seem it's a problem with the core library not being able to handle the sheer volume of messages flying at it from the server, from what I can tell all the RCON tools having this problem out there use the same RCON library (BattleNET.dll). I think that library needs to be rebuilt in something lower level to handle the volume of traffic (C or perhaps just the code needs to be optimized now knowing RCon is spammed with messages to try to track hackers). Maybe also it's just a limitation of the protocol with the sheer amount of data BE sends through RCON with lots of people on the server it's inevitable to clog.

Just wanted to add to when people have said "It's lagged sometimes, and I have to stop / restart the tool for it to catch up". If you have lots of people on your server, all RCON programs have this problem, Gotcha, Dart, you name it I have had the problem. If I have 20+ people in large population areas (causing lots of zombies to spawn say) or 40+ people just around the server.. it starts to lag. The more people in heavily populated areas / zombie spawns it causes even more lag on the RCon clients.

It would seem it's a problem with the core library not being able to handle the sheer volume of messages flying at it from the server, from what I can tell all the RCON tools having this problem out there use the same RCON library (BattleNET.dll). I think that library needs to be rebuilt in something lower level to handle the volume of traffic (C or perhaps just the code needs to be optimized now knowing RCon is spammed with messages to try to track hackers). Maybe also it's just a limitation of the protocol with the sheer amount of data BE sends through RCON with lots of people on the server it's inevitable to clog.

It appears there was an update to the library they use which will be in the next version of DaRT. Hopefully that fixes some of the bugs related to this.

Doesn't that require local access to the server? Mine's hosted by HFB.

You should be able to point BEC to a remote server.

You should be able to point BEC to a remote server.

Nah, because it requires Arma2's exe to boot from to start the server. Making it unplayable myself.

Hey, started using dart and love it so far!! One thing we seem to have an issue with though is I am able to talk to other players and they can see what I type however I cannot see from Dart what they are typing. I looked in the settings and everything was checked marked in the chat settings. Any suggestions?

Do you have side chat enabled? IIRC direct chat only outputs text when players are near the player talking in direct.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem as stR1KeR. Strangely enough i can see what people type in global but only when they are in the lobby, as soon as the enter the game and type in any chat channel i get nothing. All the chat logs are turned on and auto refreshing every 10 secs. Any thoughts?

We do not have side chat enabled in our server atm however considering activating it. I get it now though. Just to clarify, I can't see people chatting to me(ADMIN) in the Direct Chat channel or any other channel unless they are near another player chatting? I did see a conversation going on from player to player but when a person is alone and chatting I cant see that? Seems odd.

Also, by enabling Side Chat will I then be able to see that chat logged into Dart as Admin? BTW, still loving this program! Thanks again.