domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Hi, I noticed you had something along the lines of "DaRT Bans" going. If interested, I can give you log proof of about 100 players who scripted in my server. (I do recommend to check them yourselves though.) Let me know if you are interested.

I've been using this tool for a couple of weeks now and firstly I'd like to say thanks to the dev.

There are however a couple of problems I've noticed when using v0.8 (i recently tried v0.81 but it just wouldn't work at all)

The player list updates very slowly (if at all - it was doing fine until a couple of days ago).

The ban list doesn't update at all (it was doing fine up until a couple of days ago).

On the plus side it's only ever crashed once :)

My question is: are there any fixes that I can apply from my side?

What you mean with v0.8.1 doesn't work at all?

I don't see the same issue you have but I will take a look at it and see if I can recreate it.

nice tool, how work the stream of scripts.log and another be logs?

Put 2 "" in your scripts.txt and it will stream it to DaRT.

I do not recommend to do so though.

Hi, I noticed you had something along the lines of "DaRT Bans" going. If interested, I can give you log proof of about 100 players who scripted in my server. (I do recommend to check them yourselves though.) Let me know if you are interested.

If you can provide a wget compatible ban lists I can add it to DaRTBans if you wish to do so.

Edited by DomiStyle

If you can provide a wget compatible ban lists I can add it to DaRTBans if you wish to do so.

You mean a link to a bans.txt or something? Don't quite understand what you mean :P

You mean a link to a bans.txt or something? Don't quite understand what you mean :P

Yes, a bans.txt which contains the bans including the reason. (Script executed for example)

Yes, a bans.txt which contains the bans including the reason. (Script executed for example)

Hmmm yeah I could, but the reason limits it to things like "Spawning box with items" and the like. What are you going to do with the bans? I dont have much time, so before I re-analyse all logs of the people I banned, I would like to know my effort isn't gone to waste :].

If the bans will be added in a global ban list for a lot of servers I wont hesitate to do it, more of these scumbags banned the better!

Hmmm yeah I could, but the reason limits it to things like "Spawning box with items" and the like. What are you going to do with the bans? I dont have much time, so before I re-analyse all logs of the people I banned, I would like to know my effort isn't gone to waste :].

If the bans will be added in a global ban list for a lot of servers I wont hesitate to do it, more of these scumbags banned the better!

If the bans are trustworthy I would add it to DaRTBans.

http://forum.swisscraft.eu/DaRT/Bans/bans.txt?dart=2&banz=yes&dwarden=yes&community=yes

Can't tell you if anyone is using it yet though. Atleast I am.

On DaRT v0.8.1 the bans will not load at all. If I have the pull players/bans on connect checked then neither works. If it is unchecked it will pull players on autorefresh, but not bans.

Just a little heads up for everyone with a too big ban list that crashes the server: It will be fixed in the next BattlEye server update.

The problem with ban list cut off/or not being received at all will be fixed in a future BattlEye update.

Thanks goes to the guys over at BattlEye

Do you know if this update was released yet?

Do you know if this update was released yet?

According to the BattlEye homepage, no.

Can you make the ban and Database tab work cause we can't see/unban players.

And also the ability to search through the ban/player database.

Can you make the ban and Database tab work cause we can't see/unban players.

And also the ability to search through the ban/player database.

The player database works perfectly fine.

Ban list will work properly again with one of the next updates.

Searching through both lists is possible.

Edited by DomiStyle

The player database works perfectly fine.

Ban list will work properly again with one of the next updates.

Searching through both lists is possible.

I mean I don't have all the players in the database.

I mean I don't have all the players in the database.

It's working fine for me here.

Remember that players have to receive a GUID in order to be listed.

If players are in the lobby they only got "-" as GUID most of the time and won't be added to the list.

I've downloaded this program 4 times now.. Each time waiting for the next release and the ban list never works. I don't see any players listed in the ban list, even though i've got plenty. BattleWarden seems to handle the list ok, but this program doesn't want to play ball. I've asked in another forum about this and got fobbed off with "it works for me" .. Just wondering as I'm not the only one with this issue, whether it could be a bug ?

I've downloaded this program 4 times now.. Each time waiting for the next release and the ban list never works. I don't see any players listed in the ban list, even though i've got plenty. BattleWarden seems to handle the list ok, but this program doesn't want to play ball. I've asked in another forum about this and got fobbed off with "it works for me" .. Just wondering as I'm not the only one with this issue, whether it could be a bug ?

I am sorry to hear that you experience problems with DaRT.

Which version of DaRT are you using?

Can you tell me how many bans are in your list?

Which error message do you get in DaRT?

Are you able to receive the ban list via BERCon?

Feel free to always ask me if you have problems. I will try to resolve them as fast as possible.

Let me know when this actually works as described.

Until then I'll be going back to BattleWarden.

Hey Domistyle, all those crash reports sent tonight was from me. Hope they help. I was just trying to get a complete ban list so I could unban someones IP and guid...pita. BTW, my ban list is at ~1600

Anything we can do to get BE to fix this?

I have currently around 3000 bans and had no crashes with Dart.

Let me know when this actually works as described.

Until then I'll be going back to BattleWarden.

It does work as described.

I do this in my free time after all and I still try to fix all the bugs people report while adding all the features people want even if my free time is very limited at the moment.

It's not hard to make an application that has no problems on my computer.

It's hard to make an application that has no problems on every computer.

Hey Domistyle, all those crash reports sent tonight was from me. Hope they help. I was just trying to get a complete ban list so I could unban someones IP and guid...pita. BTW, my ban list is at ~1600

Anything we can do to get BE to fix this?

I will release v0.8.2 pretty soon which allows me some more debugging as well as alot of speed optimization.

I can't really nail the crashes people are having with v0.8.1 down yet.

I have currently around 3000 bans and had no crashes with Dart.

Same for me.

I would say it is fixed.

I can't recreate any server crashes and I got 3400 bans here.

edit:

People asked me alot recently if there will be DaRT for standalone.

Standalone will probably use VAC and with that it will also use Source RCon.

If there is the need for an app like DaRT that is designed for DayZ I will do it.

Edited by DomiStyle

I can't really nail the crashes people are having with v0.8.1 down yet.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, it's a great tool and understand the difficulty trying to make it run 100% on many machines.

• Like 1

I must be honest... battleWarden can read the banlist 90% of times.. Dart reports a "timeout" as soon i click the button. So there must be something wrong/different.

• Like 1

I must be honest... battleWarden can read the banlist 90% of times.. Dart reports a "timeout" as soon i click the button. So there must be something wrong/different.

I tweaked the request mechanism a little bit in v0.8.2 and it works alot better now from what I have seen.

Should be out by tommorow.

The only timeouts I get is when my internet connection is bad and UDP packages get dropped.

The difference between battleWarden and DaRT would be that DaRT checks the list if it is complete.

Not sure if battleWarden does too but it would not be noticeable in a big ban list.

There are 2 different timeouts:

"Server didn't respond" and "Data invalid".

Server didn't respond usually means that the internet connection is bad or the server is overloaded.

Data invalid means packages got dropped and the received ban list contains syntax errors (Cut off, GUID < 32 symbols, ...)

In v0.8.2 DaRT will wait longer for the data to arrive depending on the retry count.

This causes the ban list to be alot faster on fast internet connections and also makes it alot more fail resistant because it waits longer on slow connections.

Feel free to try it out once v0.8.2 is out.

Always happy if I get feedback so I can improve it.

Edited by DomiStyle

Thanks, i've experiencing problems that i didn't had with the previous versions.. most of them are network problems, in example sometime i see players in the online list that have left the server some minutes before, sometime it doesn't even update the userlist, and the problem to the banlist i've talked into the previous messages.. the other clients are not giving to me these problems so it's not the connection nor the server. I'll try the new version tomorrow.. tnx.