faded

1.7.3 and dogs!!!

Ok so I'm sure most of you guys know that in the next upcoming patch there will be dogs and you will be able to tame them and they can do all sorts of things such as hunting for you and tracking. I'm just curious as to how we find dogs and if there will be zombie dogs or what. What do you guys think about the addition of dogs? Love it or hate it?

Here's a link to the coding for dogs that was in patch 1.7.2.5

http://www.reddit.co..._patch_spoiler/

Edited by Fade

think they shud focus on the dam graphical issue that makes the game unplayable first! whats the point of stupid dogs if u cant even play the game or go to major locations! stupid lil things like this makes me excited for W A R Z

Edited by scypheroth

think they shud focus on the dam graphical issue that makes the game unplayable first! whats the point of stupid dogs if u cant even play the game or go to major locations! stupid lil things like this makes me excited for W A R Z

That's what 1.7.5 is used for, you tosser.

Umm that graphical issue should be fixed with the latest hotfix.

shud be but it isnt..updated to 1.7.5 and nope still got graphical issues...and its not just me

You do realise this is a mod, right? The War Z is just a complete rip-off.

I'm not going to go on about War Z, but I will say this:

If THIS MUCH has been done when the game is in Mod stage, imagine what can be done in full stage.

This is the equivalent of a PC being built in minecraft - Imagine how good a pc can be built in real life.

When the DayZ standalone is finished The War Z will look aweful.

• Like 1

For me it looks like WARZ once had an other plan then making a survival game, and now that realized that DayZ attract many players so they just make something diffrent and then they probably changed the name of it in WarZ :P

just to prove it here is a link to the topic that the new patch does nothign to fix the major issue...http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49243-graphic-issue/

I change the video settings to default when I get to a soldier glitch, switch back when I'm out of harms way. Keep swapping when you get to areas and you'll be fine (I am every time)

Dogs? Bah, I want wolves and bears, I wanna be scared and with most player lifetimes what is the point of having to train dogs up every time when your first priority is Finding survival stuff?

"Spawned on beach and found dog, trained dog, got shot, lost dog, start over"

Did they even fix the dogs running up hills? what happens when they get onto pier, will they be limited in movement?

Will they come with panniers? how can they carry stuff (Pedigree chum? Losealot prime? morphine? beans?) I have to carry another bottle of water for them, My inventory is full when kitted out!

If they go into dangerous areas how can the player see how dangerous it is? (Dog cam?)

Or do they just run around and come back with meat, meds and whatnot? Wait I feed it meat and I'm sure it will need healing also (Coz I will shoot yours!!)

How many FPS will I lose over dogs? Hell, how many FPS will i lose with 40 zed spawns?

Will they get killed in Doors? can they swim to Skalitskiwhatever Island with me? what about my car where do they sit? Is there gonna be an issue when I'm on a vehicle and racing in front?

They warn you of danger? Am I incapable of doing that myself?

How many dogs can you have? Imagine a litter (Or even one) of dogs running around giving your not so stealthy position away! I see a dog and I'll know the player is behind it, It's a bit of a disadvantage.

Whistle system? What happens when I am with other players and someone else whistles?

Don't want this to be negative but If they inform you of danger then does that mean they are effected by danger, ie Zeds and the likes.

We'll just have to wait and see!!

Don't mean to be funny!

Dogs...an entirely unnecessary waste of resources in the game. However here are a few questions...

If I shoot my own dog can I gut it and cook the meat to keep my player alive?

If I kill other players dogs would that make me a dog bandit?

Would the question above make the SPCA in the game come after me if I left dog carcasses laying around everywhere?

Why dogs? Why not train pigs, horses, mules, donkeys, etc...?

Last of all IF I didn't want to have a freaking dog am I going to have to get one anyway? Is there a penalty if I kill the damn thing just to make it go away?

Yeah.....no....

You didn't exactly explain yourself there.

Mind giving it a go? I'm seriously intrigued as to how you can believe The War Z did not copy DayZ when they have completely admitted to it in interviews.

Mind giving it a go? I'm seriously intrigued as to how you can believe The War Z did not copy DayZ when they have completely admitted to it in interviews.

Them copying dayz shouldn't be an issue every game is copied from another in some form or another. He does make a valid point don't add things when you still don't have the things now fixed because all that adds is problems to the new things.

You do realise this is a mod, right? The War Z is just a complete rip-off.

I'm not going to go on about War Z, but I will say this:

If THIS MUCH has been done when the game is in Mod stage, imagine what can be done in full stage.

This is the equivalent of a PC being built in minecraft - Imagine how good a pc can be built in real life.

When the DayZ standalone is finished The War Z will look aweful.

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when the standalone releases and it's exactly what the title suggests, a standalone release of the current mod.

Where everybody has got this idea of a second coming of christ like, entirely new game with entirely new engine from I have no idea.

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when the standalone releases and it's exactly what the title suggests, a standalone release of the current mod.

Where everybody has got this idea of a second coming of christ like, entirely new game with entirely new engine from I have no idea.

Yea, I don't know, maybe from the fact that the mod is in alpha and still has to go through beta, maybe the fact that rocket releases new updates every week, or maybe the fact that he stated it will run off the Arma III engine.

Yup, nothing to be excited about!

Disappointed people!?!?!? Each Call of Duty game is a re-release of the last with a new story and a few new weapons! If that can keep people entertained after so long then this game will do fine.

Them copying dayz shouldn't be an issue every game is copied from another in some form or another.

I understand the copying part to an extent, but it's like they're attempting to replicate a cleaner version of the EXACT same game and it's THAT that I don't like.

He does make a valid point don't add things when you still don't have the things now fixed because all that adds is problems to the new things.

Yes his point is valid, but to be honest I'm not going to complain in the slightest. If the game was in Beta I'd fully support that part of his argument, but as things stand it's in alpha. Until it moves into Beta I am willing to accept any and all glitches that come my way.

Including the awkward moment when the top step of a firestation assassinates me.

Where did they say that? They said that DayZ inspired them, that's not the same as ''HURR DURR WE RIPPED IT OFF'', idiot.

I understand the copying part to an extent, but it's like they're attempting to replicate a cleaner version of the EXACT same game and it's THAT that I don't like.

How is it the exact same game? They're both Zombie survival games, what else?

http://en.wikipedia....ife_cycle#Alpha

Edited by AeonCipher

warz isnt even real, they have had 2 weeks to provide a gameplay video, and say it will be another 3 weeks before thats "ready"

gameplay videos dont involve heavy editing, they dont tell a story (not that there is one to tell anyway), they dont need special effects as this invalidates the point of showing game footage, not to mention the fact that no game in the history of online gaming has ever had a release date 3-4 months away with no gameplay video, ever.

their screenshots look like they were faked (its easy to cook fake screenshots with loaded models in many different programs, like maya) and their website art is just photoshopped from zombie pictures from movies http://s16.postimage...4et/Zombies.jpg

their company claims to have a one year development time, yet claims to be implementing features far exceeding their ability and time constraints for such a small company.

their producer speaks in broken english, has very few game titles to his name, including Big Rigs Off Road Truckin, and he registered the twitter, facebook, and website domain literally 2 days before the game was announced.

bringing any of this up or asking any questions that give away their scam gets you an insta ban and ip block on their forums.

the game is vaporware, intended to somehow cash in on the success of dayz. the big preorder now button on their site is sketchy, but at least it isnt working for now. my bet, is that the video they release will be a cinematic, showing no ingame footage, then they will open it up for preorders, and a month or two from now, the site will have disappeared along with the twitter and facebook

either way, it will get interesting real soon if that video doesnt surface, as the rabid warz fanbois who have already wasted their time making clans and making ranks in these clans and naming themselves sergeants and other nonsense, are defending it like its their holy grail, but their forums are being bombarded by vaporware threads daily because the forum mods talked trash about reddit and 4chan, which angered nerdville.

Edited by Lowbei

Ok guys i found this video on youtube and now i'm wondering if dogs are already ingame ??

just jump to 2:45

Thanks Aces

Where did they say that? They said that DayZ inspired them, that's not the same as ''HURR DURR WE RIPPED IT OFF'', idiot.

They said something to the effect of "DayZ is a mod, not a real game, so we can re-make it as a standalone because they have no copyright protection."

I'm just curious as to how we find dogs

I assume it will be the same way that we find cows, rabbits, goats etc

We'll probably have a scroll wheel option that gives the dog food or something from your inventory., and then it will join your squad.

They said something to the effect of "DayZ is a mod, not a real game, so we can re-make it as a standalone because they have no copyright protection."

Not sure if trolling, or just retarded.

I'm gonna go with retarded.