metttt

Does anyone know the server-side limit to Visibility in Video Settings?

I have a $700 graphics card, but even if I push visibility to max settings, it seems to not do anything past around 75%. Anyone know if there is a server-side limit to visibility? If so, what is it?

For those of you out there with shitty graphics cards, this will help because you can just set your visibility to max server-side setting, and notice a huge improvement in frames with no reduced gameplay.

The server side does limit the max visibility. There is no way you can change it at this time without breaking the agreement you agreed to when signing up to host a server. Aka reverse taking the mod apart and changing it within the script.

Three threads merged, please do not cross post.

In other words, the mission file limits it. It is not a server setting per se.

The number that I have seen many times is 1600. Setting your client past 1600 supposedly does nothing further.

Having said that I have logged out in full view of Zub, had lunch, came back on another server and Zub was not in view.

Different servers DO have different distances, at least they did, this was a month or 2 ago. Might be hard-locked now.

Server-side limit can be set upto 10k, same as client. Default value is 1600 (IIRC).