Sign in to follow this  
tehlolman

HAX EVERYWHERE! Officially unplayable

3 times in one day yesterday. I gave up last night. I did alt and f4 but I still died. They teleport you way in the sky then let you fall to your death. Had my two brothers with me, its hard to get together as it is. Especially when they usually spawn one of us on opposite sides of the map. I have been under the impression that only admin can teleport and cheat but I am thinking anyone can. They like spawning people in the sky then letting them fall to their death, then they sit near the beaches with snipers and guille suits killing me and my brothers when we respawn. Rather sad way to play the game. Hoping to look into hosting my own private non hive game, tired of being cheated. This way I can turn tags on and if someone cheats I can boot them.

No because the highest percent of servers were running 1.7.2.4, I am gonna update today and see what kind of luck I have. Most the servers are running 1.7.2.4 still. I don't see any info in changelog about any updated security preventing hacking. Whats new that will prevent it?

Nothing is hack proof. Hackers will always find loop holes and work arounds. Good luck hosting a non-hive server. Join a recruit server where names are always on and report the hackers to battle eye and get them perma banned

We all know nothing is hack proof, but we are talking about script kiddies not real hackers. Hackers are people that will do hacking for a profit, not run on servers and ruin other people fun. battle Eye is suppose to have an anouncement soon, not sure if it is today or not but they have banned 12k people as of today.

I am use to playing xbox 360, I like playing Halo 3 and Call of Duty and you don't really see this kind of cheating. This is a great game but I am sure more can be done to stop this kind of stuff, especially when a room of 30 dies within a few seconds. Teleporting people from one side of the map to the other. Seems like battleye could monitor that. Wouldn't be hard to say thats not possible and maybe lock that server and automatically shut it down. Battleye should have access to all logs for all servers. Then review the logs and ban accordingly.

Sounds really unlucky encountering that amount of hacks in a short time.

I've clocked hundreds of hours to DayZ now.. And I've been killed 2 times by a clear hack.

- The first time was months ago, everyone on the server was killed.

- The second time was today, everyone got teleported to the ocean (which didn't really kill me, but led to loss of most gear - which is pretty much the same and also led to my subsequent death)

In addition to those clear hacks, I've see hacked tanks rolling down the streets, people basically openly admitting to hacking on the side chat and then a few cases of disconnecters, getting killed by a server hopper getting behind me, and seen some probably duped loot and that kind of usual exploit (rather than hack) stuff. And of course there are those couple of times when someone had killed me thanks to major desync, but that isn't really a hack, its just an engine bug (assuming they other players have not triggered it intentionally).

There may have been several other cases too where I've gotten killed by a hacker, just not knowing that, but no point in speculating over those.

So yes, clearly the hacks do exist. And even if they aren't more common than in other games, still, because of the persistent nature of the game they are much more annoying than in some other normal deathmatch game. (In other games, you'll just lose maybe 30 seconds of play effort - in DayZ... well. It's a bit different.)

Hopefully, BIS / BattlEye put some effort to hack prevention. It certainly would be nice if there would not be all those hackers to deal with in addition to all the bugs and the general douchebaggery in the game.

Sadly it happens regularly. Having played now for about 3 weeks, have been mass killed, teleported to a spot along with everyone on the server where there are 20 bots with hacked weapons, made to dance, killed magically by helicopters shooting explosives into hidden spots, killed through walls, etc.

Shrug it off, find a new server, start again.

As you get more experience, you can gear up again faster. The game is learning curve, not a grind, there is no real "end game". Its more about learning to survive, where the best risk reward is, etc.

Don't get attached to your sh%t, just learn from your experiences mistakes and improve.

How do you think the script kiddies got those scripts? You really think they were smart enough to write them theirselves? And not all hackers do it for profit, some people do it just cuz their bored. My main point is to the OP who's bitching about getting hack killed and comes whining on the forums and not giving any server details or times of when it happened so the server admins can report to battleye and get them banned. He's bitching about a game that's in ALPHA STATE. It's going to have problems and be very vunerable to hacks and scripts. In all honesty that's not going to be truly "fixed" untill the standalone is released when Rocket has control over the source and can do more about it. Right now our job is to test it and find bugs and report them. The more we do that the faster we will get to the beta and standalone.

I'm not saying that hackers don't suck ass cuz they do, but you have to deal with it and move on. It's the main reason that Rocket hasn't done more about the alt-F4 problem with combat dc'ing. right now alt-F4 is really the only escape we have from crap ass hackers.

Heh last night i logged in to my sniping position, just out of range of the huge fire that electro was engulfed in... thats a new one for me, I've been dropped from the sky, pulled to the debug zone and everyone ran for choppers crashing them and killing us.. lol atleast it gives me a laugh.

Most games are hacker free for the most part, just bad luck, and if you are going into low population servers, there's generally a good reason they are low pop :)

lol all these kids saying "o been playing for 1005157 hours never seen a hacker gtfo noob" it will come just wait for it and when it does it is going to be you that makes a post about how much you hate this game and all the hackers.

I have been playing all afternoon without being hacked.

I Therefore Declare this game Officially Playable...

Also...This Thread Locked.

"Thank you for taking the time to participate in the on-going development of the DayZ Mod project.

Please feel free to return if and when you have the time and motivation."

Shame about the hackers everywhere, but the game was made to be modified, fingers crossed for the Stand Alone.

• Like 1