Siggy (DayZ)

(Rocket) Why are we logging in on the coast

All right me and pretty much the whole community seem to be spawning on the coast am i not right? I am not sure if this is some plan from rocket and his team to stop server hopping but this has gotten to the point where this game is unplayable and not enjoyable anymore, hackers are bad enough as it is let alone this kind of bullshit we now have to put up with.

Every time somebody server hops it places them back on the coast.

People could be server hopping because there is a hacker or 10 on the server, they might have lost internet connection, the server might have graphical glitches, they might have fps lag, there is just to many reasons to list and this is just punishing legit players by sending them to the coast every time they log in.

I am sure me and a lot of other people really don't feel like playing this mod anymore as it is digging itself a hole and going further into the ground, each patch seems to make the game worse then what it is, do you not test the patch before you throw it out to the community or what? yea we expect to find bugs in the patch to help you out but when it comes down to bugs like logging in on the coast every time then it is just completely unjoyable, nobody will travel inland now because of this, it is just a deathmatch along the coast and i will be joining in on it.

Edit: This seems to only happen if you close the game while at loading which happens quite a lot because a fair few servers just won't load you in to them even if you have the correct versions to hop on it, this is still a big problem and i hope it gets fixed asap as i still haven't left the coast because i don't want to walk all the way back up north again and again so ill continue killing people around elektro and cherno until this is sorted.

Edited by Siggy
  • Like 33

Server hopping = back to the coast since the latest patch. Atleast so I am told.

Edited by FaceAche
  • Like 2

Having the same issue, and server "hopping". so guess that means moving from any server to... any server as its happened several times already, must be bugged, im soo suprised

Needs to be fixed asap, honestly fuck this crap it's so annoying, server hop because there is a hacker on it, get punished anyway.

Edit: My mate just tested this server hop theory and it does seem to be the problem, he was on skalisty island and ended up at drakon.

Edited by Siggy
  • Like 6

Yea this is happening to me too i spent ages running up to the mainland yesterday only to respawn on the coast when i join a server

Edited by Luke688
  • Like 2

play on our server then, NL36(for those in europe) we try to keep it hacker free and we try to get it to high pop, admins are online mostly 24/7 trying to deal with kiddies, i hope some of you find your home here.

As admins we are very nice and we dont use our "abilities" in our favor, the server has been put off automatic reboot and we warn before we reboot the server.

• Like 9

I've not downloaded the new patch and its happening to me... not even server hoping, spending a good couple hours on one server then going offline , come back on another server to be at the coast..

• Like 4

play on our server then, NL36(for those in europe) we try to keep it hacker free and we try to get it to high pop, admins are online mostly 24/7 trying to deal with kiddies, i hope some of you find your home here.

As admins we are very nice and we dont use our "abilities" in our favor, the server has been put off automatic reboot and we warn before we reboot the server.

Well, this is advertising a bit, but might as well, since I am looking for a new home server.

• Like 1

I had the same thing today BUT I just relogged (cause of some desync problems) and then I spawned on the coast but my friend who did the same thing spawned in the same place. What is even more weird is that we played on 1.7.2.4 :S

• Like 1

Just logged off at prigorodky and logged back in on another server and im at cherno.

Well, this is advertising a bit, but might as well, since I am looking for a new home server.

it is advertising, and im trying to keep it down for certain reasons, but if you need a home you are welcome there.

If this is there way of stopping server hopping well then i don;t even want to play anymore, this is the stupidest idea i have ever seen, this affects normal players.

• Like 1

It's been happening to me since a few days ago.

Lost a Huey and a Bison + ammo.

If this is a new feature, it need to be immediately removed.

I don't have one specific server that is "mine."

I log into DayZ, look at the server list, pick whatever one looks best, play for a couple of hours, log out, and repeat. Sometimes it takes multiple tries to find a good server. It is laggy, or it just doesn't load or whatever, and I have to try again to find a good server. Does the game pick this up as server jumping? Because if it does, that is bullsh#t!

Yesterday, I logged out at the NE Air Field. When I logged back in, I was at the coast. I'm not leaving to get away from attackers, then joining again to get the jump on them. I'm not trying to loot spots multiple times.

Every time I start up DayZ, it takes me multiple tries to get into a good server. So, again - If this is a new feature, it needs to be immediately removed. I should not be penalized for just trying to play the game.

Edited by xPandaHunterx
  • Like 33

If this is a new feature, it need to be immediately removed.

I don't have one specific server that is "mine."

I log into DayZ, look at the server list, pick whatever one looks best, play for a couple of hours, log out, and repeat. Sometimes it takes multiple tries to find a good server. It is laggy, or it just doesn't load or whatever, and I have to try again to find a good server. Does the game pick this up as server jumping? Because if it does, that is bullsh#t!

Yesterday, I logged out at the NE Air Field. When I logged back in, I was at the coast. I'm not leaving to get away from attackers, then joining again to get the jump on them. I'm not trying to look spots multiple times.

Every time I start up DayZ, it takes me multiple tries to get into a good server. So, again - If this is a new feature, it needs to be immediately removed. I should not be penalized for just trying to play the game.

This is 100% correct, me and my mates also have this problem, it takes us several goes to get on a decent server, some servers we can't even get on to as it gets stuck on loading.

• Like 2

There is was I had logged off from a previous session, due to the door opening and a hot tasty lady waiting for me.

So when I Logged back in after updating blah blah blah I too was at the coast. Got shot, re-spawned and found my kit to be killed by a scaredy cat pussy hiding in the trees.

This usually happens when I update.

Now I'm soon gonna spend another 8 hours playing it (Sleeping is for whimps)

This is ridiculous.. Joined a server, Ping too high, so I choose a different server, then spawn on coast. Sniped within seconds of logging in.. 550 kills, ghillie suit, NV goggles, Coyote Pack, all gone...

This is not the right solution to the problem, please fix this because if it stays this way, I will not be playing this game any longer.

• Like 6

Keep this thread bumped until rocket or somebody else sees it, this needs to be brought to there attention and fixed asap.

I have a feeling this bug has something to do with the ghillie suits again. Where any of you guys wearing ghillies before you got teleported on the beach?

Happened to me last night and again to me and a friend today, we both were at airfield, got stuck at loading for ages and we waited about 20 mins at loading screen,

Anyhow ended process in task manager as only way to get out of it, he ended up on east coast and me all the way down south west coast, what a load of shit this new patch is :/

If it happens again gona wait till its fixed as this is pathetic, just cant keep walking up north all the time to meet up...