Sign in to follow this  
chaR

1.7.2.5 wiped character files?

Hey,

I came back home today after being gone for a couple of days & was very excited to play the new patch!

After I installed everything, I log'd in, only to find my character being gone.

I tried several servers, got myself killed twice, but I never got my old character back (which literally had perfect gear).

Anyhow, I was wondering if anybody had the same n managed to fix it somehow since I really would like to get my character back with all the gear it had.

Any help would be welcome really.

(Note: I'm not whining, I know it's alpha & tough luck for me if I lost it & won't be able to retrieve it. I just want to know if anybody has similar issues and managed to fix it).

one of my friends was having this problem last night, jumped to like 5 diff servers before finally finding one that had his old character on it, id say give it some time, although i wonder if you getting killed might change it :/

There are quite a few private servers out now ( especially those with the name sanctuary at the end), they have a separate HIVE so have different character files.

Also, if you were on an actual Dayz server, being killed probably stopped their being any chance of you regaining your character.

Edited by sunnz

There are quite a few private servers out now ( especially those with the name sanctuary at the end), they have a separate HIVE so have different character files.

Also, if you were on an actual Dayz server, being killed probably stopped their being any chance of you regaining your character.

Pretty sure there shouldve been atleast 1 HIVE server. Was on a server that my friend logged onto fine.

Reason I killed myself is because in the past I had this aswell, but then respawning would simply fix it.

And yes, I spawn ont he coast aswell, like I started a new character.

Spawning on the coast can be avoided if you Alt-F4 (or Alt-Tab out and close Arma II OA on the toolbar) quickly enough. Like as soon as you die.

When you reconnect, you should spawn exactly where you were :D This has worked for me several times already.