Danipenn

A new guy says "hi"

What's up?

I did not know anything about this mod before reading the article in issue #244 of EDGE, mainly because I am not a fan of military games.

I was already jumping out of bed before I'd even finished reading the article and running to the PC to visit the official site. I read that I needed ARMA 2 and bought it straight away from Steam without even looking at the price (fortunately it was a respectful 25 euro).

At the moment I am installing the game and reading the forum.

Since I am not overly competitive and usually stay away from games that gather to the griefers. I would like to know if there is a server where the survival/rpg side of the game is the most prevalent. I am not a carebear myself but I enjoy immersion in a game such as this. If the situation requires me to kill somebody in game I would probably do it but there must be a reason behind it...a survival reason.

So if any of you can point me to the right direction I would be very greatful. Perhaps clans or groups of people who have their own server. I don't know. A couple of suggestions also would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to the forums. I don't know if there are particularly friendly servers but I what I found helpful was getting to know people via these forums was how I found great people to play the game with. Why not do a thread saying "looking for friendly rp players in x or y country" or something like that? Or reply to someone else's thread. There are lots of them. And lots of groups looking for new recruits who will help people to get started. :thumbsup:

I play just to survive. I don't go looking for fights, or hunting for high grade weapons, and have never shot anyone. I have killed about six zombies in the last couple of weeks but that was only in self defense. Usually, I prefer to avoid them. Lots of people play that way. However, there are just as many who want to get a gang together and "let's go shoot people and take their stuff". It might not appeal to you or me but they're free to play that way in Dayz.

My best advice would be get used to dying, enjoy every moment in dayz and don't bother valuing material items you gather because you'll soon be dead and can't take them with you. :thumbsup:gg

Also, expect to spend half your time trying to get into servers, another quarter downloading updates and if you're lucky 10% of the remaining playing the game. :emptycan:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 2

Thanks guys,

For the moment I cannot join because I am stuck at the loading screen. Honestly I couldn't be bothered to follow some step-by-step guides on how to solve this and will wait for a fix from the developers. Plenty of games to go about anyway ;)

Hope to try this one out soon :)

Thanks guys,

For the moment I cannot join because I am stuck at the loading screen. Honestly I couldn't be bothered to follow some step-by-step guides on how to solve this and will wait for a fix from the developers. Plenty of games to go about anyway ;)

Hope to try this one out soon :)

Quick guide :D, Delete your DayZ folder in steamapps, get dayz commander http://www.dayzcommander.com and your good to go.
  • Like 1

Since I am not overly competitive and usually stay away from games that gather to the griefers. I would like to know if there is a server where the survival/rpg side of the game is the most prevalent. I am not a carebear myself but I enjoy immersion in a game such as this. If the situation requires me to kill somebody in game I would probably do it but there must be a reason behind it...a survival reason.

I haven't been on any server like this.

Most servers has a few snipers camping the starting cities.

Most servers has a few snipers camping the starting cities.

WOW...it must be really fun ;)

Quick guide :D, Delete your DayZ folder in steamapps, get dayz commander http://www.dayzcommander.com and your good to go.

It seems to work...

I run around chased by few infected. I found a cistern (I think) and climbed on top. I crouched and proceeded to study the controls a bit, untill I got kicked out from the server for an unknown reason (to me).

it seems...fun ;)

Im also new. Hi guys n bandits!

seriously, who want to know that?

btw, welcome to DayZ! :D

A tip for you as a beginner: Always carry 1 painkillers, 1 morphin, 2 bandages in your quickinventory! could save your ass! Avoid crowded and popular places! Never go to the NW Airfield alone. And if you don´t have a map, take this one http://www.dayzmap.info/.

good luck surviving.