Bomba1

Increase Death Penalty

Increase death penalty,

at least 1 hour of real time, player cannot be respawned in any of the servers

Be better 1 day of real time.

Life should be more valuable than the loss goods in the backpack and life stats.

as

Side Effect: Be easy to enter to any servers as you wish.

And then' date=' you meet a bandit or another moron and you can't play for a day. Yeah, "great" idea.

[/quote']

Do not meet, or kill first. If you trust that you see bandit or moron.

In real life after dead, you cant play no more... just investigate ground and wood box. Or may be in some religions start new life in new body.

Game is RolePlay - not PVP - fast kill, fast dead, fast respawn and again and again.

I kill many bandits, and they commonly start killing after some seconds after death at respawn zone.

I think 30 minutes would suffice, but you get a free fifteen or so deaths with no wait time, for the new players that are learning how to play. Also it should only be serverside, not for all of them.

Death is already valuable, for those with the giddiup to improve themselves rather than spending the day running up and down the coast they're John Wayne.

Seriously, it is poor game design to force your players out for a day, or an hour, every time they're killed. Its not exactly hard to die in DayZ, and being easy to kill doesn't necessarily mean life isn't valued.

Death is already valuable' date=' for those with the giddiup to improve themselves rather than spending the day running up and down the coast they're John Wayne.

[/quote']

Life not valueable for bandits. Kill everybody, get weapons, kill again, dead, and cycle from start.

So bandit role be more easy to play, other peacefull players.

I Dont wish make differences for bandits and peacefull - just add common penalty

Death is already valuable' date=' for those with the giddiup to improve themselves rather than spending the day running up and down the coast they're John Wayne.

[/quote']

Life not valueable for bandits. Kill everybody, get weapons, kill again, dead, and cycle from start.

So bandit role be more easy to play, other peacefull players.

I Dont wish make differences for bandits and peacefull - just add common penalty

I think Bandits value they're lives as much as survivors. The means to get the higher-end gear/stockpiles they have are different, but in the end they don't want to lose it all.

Perhaps the bandits who roam the coast with a Makarov and kill survivors until they themselves are dead don't value life, but thats not a great majority of players.

I think Bandits value they're lives as much as survivors.

I play in bandit role some time. And my life value is less over while I play for survivor role.

Because I know, that I fast respawn near big town (cherno or elektro) kill someone - and commonly pickup the same equipment that I have before my death.

While I play as survivor - I spent more much time for found my previously equipment

Yeah I'd like an impactful death penalty too, but the majority of the playerbase is too soft and used to high-action and low-consequence gameplay.

The most we can hope for is that one day there'll be a separate set of servers with a more hardcore ruleset.

Never, ever under any circumstances are you to ever stop your players from playing your game. It's like one of the most basic game design rules. Please don't respond with "Yeah but rules are meant to be broken" or some hogwash like that.

The concept of increasing life value by enhancing death punishment is fine, or what ever other solution you wish to come up with. Stopping players from playing the game, under any circumstances, is never the solution.

This is a bad idea, but not a bad concept.

However I disagree. I personally believe that the current scenario is fine. Your gear represents a culmination of your experiences as you struggle to survive. Not only is it a badge of honor but it makes continued survival easier. The only downside to it all is that it makes you loose your edge. You become less vigilant as your confidence grows and that is EXACTLY when the game grabs you by the balls and slams your face into the dirt until you bleed to death. The punishment for not staying frosty is essentially you loose your identity - your gear. You are no longer "that person" you are a new person who must write their own story of struggle and survival that is represented by the gear (the badges) you wear.

I really hope you understand the point I am trying to make. Bad (terrible) idea, good concept. But as I said I disagree with the concept and the reasons are stated above.

Bandit role is not oriented for survive. Bandits oriented for kill many many players. Fast respawn and kill again.

Bandit role have more advantages - I described upper.

So If main goal of this game is PvP - bandits vs bandits - :) -> My suggestion be bad concept at any way.

Bandit role is not oriented for survive. Bandits oriented for kill many many players. Fast respawn and kill again.

Bandit role have more advantages - I described upper.

So If main goal of this game is PvP - bandits vs bandits - :) -> My suggestion be bad concept at any way.

No, many bandits do not exist simply to kill as many people as fast as possible. Though, there IS a playerbase that considers the main goal player killing, but they're not bandits in the cannon of the game, they're just visitors to the Mod.

Actually I find that what motivates bandits differs from bandit to bandit. Some like to get gear cheaply and easily by killing. Others enjoy hunting other human players (this is probably what would motivate me more than anything). Some are, as stated, visitors who aren't really motivated by anything other than boredom and the need to shoot at stuff - 'what stuff' is irrelevant to them. And of course some just like to get as many kills as possible.

Personally I've never understand the mindset behind people who get upset when killed by a bandit or another player. The only time I have been truly enraged by being killed by another player was when I suspected my own clan mate did it. Being killed by other players or bandits doesn't bother me, it means I made a mistake and I deserved to die. People who bitch and whine about it over chat puzzle me. "Thanks dude, thanks a lot. I hope you enjoy your gear asshole" - well yes I am sure they will. Maybe next time you won't check your map in the middle of a fucking corn field, or stay inside a building surrounded by dead zombies for 20 minutes after you performed a rock concert using only gunshots.

I would rather have a Time/Death Ratio which shows how many times you died in your playtime.

Never' date=' ever under any circumstances are you to ever stop your players from playing your game. It's like one of the most basic game design rules. Please don't respond with "Yeah but rules are meant to be broken" or some hogwash like that.

[/quote']

Actually I'd say there are a few circumstances that would make this idea work.

I think you're underestimating the patience of the arma veteran community, and underestimating how each 50-slot server can potentially have its own tweaked rules.

If you look at the huge variations in domination servers, it would be a shame if they all adhered to a single set of rules designed for the masses.

Anyway I'd like to see just a few servers with harsher rules for those that wish to play on em. It's no doubt more work for the dev team, so I'm not expecting em to give it much thought anytime soon, but perhaps down the line.

Stupid idea.

This.

What I think would be a good idea though would be when someone dies their dead body spawns/attracts zombies, they can smell the blood or something. It would make killing someone require a bit more thought.

bad idea^

Syrasa +1 rep

TwilightSparkle = i agree with you, or make the dead body become a zombie ^

The dead body should only become a zombie when the cause of death is FROM a zombie.

Because in zombie movies, fiction, etc generally the cause of someone turning is because a zombie killed/infected them.

Bullets should kill normally, that makes it more dangerous for bandits who just kneecap survivors and collect the loot.