Sign in to follow this  
itch

Counter-measure for Combat Logging

Hi guys

What if your character would stay in the game world for 20 seconds after you hit the disconnect button?

People would not disconnect in firefights, or when aggroing zombies, but only when beeing in a safe place.

Also, if you time-out, chances are that you still survive.

What do you think?

Exactly, i have the same idea. It is the easiest way of basically eraddicating Combat logging.

My computer crashed today while I was driving, now if I had been 20 seconds longer before my friend took the wheel after I disappeared shit might not have ended so well. Js.

Rocket said that there is almost certainly going to be a 5 second delay in 1.7.3.

The time may change, but better than nothing I suppose.

Give admins more rights: warn / kick / ban

The only way to deal with them.

It makes you depend on other people. What if no amdins are on the server you love to play on?

I believe this problem can be dealt with without making it depend on other players

Edited by Crisisk

Well to fix this you just have to actually do something called "aiming and firing"

Well to fix this you just have to actually do something called "aiming and firing"

First I tried to ignore this plain stupid comment from some obviously mentally challenged person with zero knowlege about real firefights, but could simply not resist.

I lit up a bloke on the coast with an LMG from about a hundred and eighty metres.

I waited until he stopped to check his map (1.7.2.5 first respawn like myself I gather) and I noticed he had the turban wrapped around his face. "BANDIT SCUM!"

I let loose a good burst of five or six rounds and saw at least four blood splurts come from him as he fell to the ground. I fired another burst where I thought he would be laying as he hit the ground but he just vanished...

SK Wakkker, you are a combat logging pussy. I hope you spawn into another server and bleed out for a noob to take your gear.