Sign in to follow this  
plan_be

6 questions to get me satisfied

Hello out there,

i've got some questions and couldn't get them answered with the search-function, so i hope that you could help me out. Some of them are newbish and others not, but i couldn't figure them out alone. So here they come:

1. Is it possible to hunt down rabbits and gut them? Never hit one or i didn't want to waste ammo.

2. Once i lost myself without a compass in the very far north of the map and luckily made it way back into "civilisation". And because of that, I asked myself: Has the map of Chernarus an end? Like an invisible wall or do I fall out of the World? And if not, what is out there?

3. I start the game via Six Launcher and have chosen a server which I call home. Sometimes my friends are on the Server but I can't find it. How does this come? The server is not full neither shut down, as my friends are still on it or told me, that there were plenty of slots left.

4. Now to one question which is very important to me: when I'm looting one spot in prone-position sometimes it occurs that I'm getting in to kneeling position (don't know the right word right now, sorry, i mean the position as if you were pressing "x"). As you can imagine, this can be very bad in some situations, i died once as this happened at an heli crash site. What are the causes for this or how can i avoid it?

5. I had an Coyote backpack and found a ghillie suit. Put the suit on and the next time i looked into my inventory the Coyote backpack was gone and i had my previous ALICE Pack on my back. Is this happening every time so far or did i have bad luck?

6. I often see a message from BattleEye that sais soemthing like: PlayerXY cannot play/edit mission (I'm very sorry for this inaccurate quote of BattleEye but I just don't remeber the full message and I hope you know which one I mean). What does this mean? Has it something to do with changed scripts like hacking? I don't have the slightest idea of hacking/cheating etc. so please excuse this formulation of the question or the question itself if it is just stupid.

I'm looking forward for your answers. Please excuse my english. It's not my motherlanguage.

Wish you all a crash site without Zeds.

• Like 1

4. Have primary weapon equipped and then it won't bug

• Like 1

1. Yes. 1 meat. Not worth it unless they stop right next to you and you really need food. Or you like the target practice. (I do)

2. I think there is an end, but I've heard it's about 6 or 7 times the distance of map - so 1.5k kms. I would imagine an invisible wall. Not confirmed though.

3. I use in game menu for finding servers. All the 3rd party apps miss servers at times. Don't know why but I've used a few different ones and always had this issue.

4. Not sure, I wouldn't mind knowing the answer too!

5. Yep, bug at the moment. As far as I know is 100% of the time. Drop backback on the ground before putting clothes on.

6. Usually an incorrect patch or installation I believe.

• Like 2

1: Yes

2: It has an invisible border, after that it's just infiniite plains, although rumour has it if you look hard enough you'll find Narnia.

3: Sometimes you need to wait for Six Launcher to catch up, so for a while you can't see all servers, you can use the Arma muliplayer menu for quicker results and quicker load times.

4: Just chose your spots where you loot more carefully, you always have to kneel to loot unless your primary weapon is equipped.

5: The Ghiilie suit can still cause the odd bug with backpacks, i think that's what happened to you.

6: You'll see lot's of Battleye messages, just ignore them. Unless your hacking or cheating.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Wow, that was fast!

Thanks for your answers Frost, Fraggle and svefn.

@svefn or anybody elso who knows the answer: is it safe to put down my backpack? As i'm changing my backpack the dropped always disappears...

Edited by DoktorforYears

Hello, nice to meet you!

1. Yes, it is possible, they're just hard to hit. Get out your hatchet if you're worried about ammo loss.

2. I know that the game area continues outside of what is displayed on maps. I've only gone so far, but eventually the trees stop appearing and it's just blank. I'm sure there must be an end, but have not gone that far yet!

3. Are you looking for the server on the Six Launcher? It's best to just click 'play' in six, and then in the game multiplayer menu, look for it (by filtering it)

4. You must have your primary weapon out to remain in the prone position when looting, very useful!

Edit: This might just be for accessing your pack, i'll give it a go next time i'm in-game

5. Ghillie suit removes the backpack in most cases. Just bad luck, as the Ghillie's are a bit bugged. Be careful when using them.

6. This happens all the time, wrong signatures for files will pring (is that a word?) you (and others) for this. Illegal copies deteriate.

@svefn or anybody elso who knows the answer: is it safe to put down my backpack? As i'm changing my backpack the dropped always disappears...

Yes, from my experience. It'd be safer to (when at the pack you want) transfer your items to the one you want, then take it with the scroll wheel.

Happy DayZ adventuring!

Edited by Mayuyu

I gave you beans because 1: satisfied is always a funny word no matter the context, and 2. I like that you're asking questions.

now for answers:

1. Yes and yes, just wait for them to stop running and you can get a shot off

2. The map technically ends, theres no more trees or anything, just hills forever., (or so they say ;)

clouds go west to east, so use that to go south, whenever you go south you'll be in civilization :)

3. That's a 6-launcher thing, try the search bar at the top.

4. got answered.

5. That's a current bug in the game, honestly, drop your backpack before you change clothes.

6. Naw, that's just because they hadn't installed DayZ correct 90% of the time. You'll see battleEye has banned "Dumbass" for scripting

1. Yes. 1 steak.

2. When the trees and grass end at the "line" you are "off the map" but the world continues on for a long distance (to provide a large enough space to accommodate the jets in the base game).

3. This is an issue with gamespy only returning 500 results to your Six client. I personally use DayZ Comander (has the same issue though). If the server shows up in my favorites as offline I just go into the game server browser, if the server is actually online I join it from there.

4. already covered.

5. have never had an issue with the pack when donning a ghille, it will not show up but it will still be functional as normal (there was an earlier ghille bug where they announced not to use it but that was an older version of dayz and has since been fixed)

6.You can safely ignore this and click the prompt. it is not meaningful.

Shit...looks like I was a bit late to the party.

Edited by SystemiK

Wow, that was fast!

Thanks for your answers Frost, Fraggle and svefn.

The safe way is to first transfer all the items from the pack you are wearing into the pack you have found. THEN take the new pack. Sometimes if there is other loot near the new pack you will not even get an option to pick up the pack or interact with it because the other loot is "bugging" out the pack. you can fix this problem by removing all the other loot until the pack is the las item left. MOST of the time this will work, occasionally even this will not work.

As I'm shot every time I see another player which is not one of my friends, i did not expect so many helpful anwers in such a short time!

If someone is still reading this thread to this point and does know the answer to the following question: please reply! :D

Is there a benfit to the player whom I'm giving beans or is it just an acknowledgement for the reply?

The safe way is to first transfer all the items from the pack you are wearing into the pack you have found. THEN take the new pack. Sometimes if there is other loot near the new pack you will not even get an option to pick up the pack or interact with it because the other loot is "bugging" out the pack. you can fix this problem by removing all the other loot until the pack is the las item left. MOST of the time this will work, occasionally even this will not work.

You got me wrong: I meant is it safe to drop the backpack before suiting up the ghillie suit?

Edited by DoktorforYears

Dropping items is luck of the draw. Sometimes the world sucks them in, other times they will land on the floor. Mostly in buildings, on structures like deerstands etc is were the problems happen. If you drop it on a road it is usually safe but not always. I've never lost a pack when putting on other clothing, may be that I've just been lucky....

Edit: the safest way I have found to put down an item is to open an existing loot pile and then drop the item into the other loot, this is very safe. Dropping something in another random spot is risky.

Edited by SystemiK
  • Like 1

3. Don't know about Six Launcher but I use DayZ Commander. best tool for finding friends online as it tracks them