Sign in to follow this  
Belydrith

Spawn and joining problems after 1.7.2.5!

After 1.7.2.5 came out, it became hard for me to find a working server. Most time i just stick in the "Loading" screen.

Finally, when i find a working server, my charakter just spawns at the coast, not on the last position?!

Whats wrong? I got a friend experiencing the same issues.

• Like 4

Me too! I'm in the coast with all the equipement

Here too... but seems not all have those problems. My friend can join tough without problems (we played last day together on many different servers)

I've experienced longer server load times after the patch, so you're not alone. As for spawning on the coast, it is a penalty if you hop servers too frequently (happened to me today, was server hopping for loot in the Northwest airfield barracks and spawned at the coast after I killed a bandit and hopped shortly after).

Spawning on the coast must be a debug thing. I played on the same server for 4 days and was also spawned at the coast.

Happened to me too.

I was about 2/3 of the way to the airfield from the coast, had some epic gear, and then this happened. I'm still on 1.7.2.4 though, but the server is was playing on is the same. I could not join it again though. I got to some other server, but then I spawned on the coast with all my gear, which I'm grateful for atleast, but now I have to make my way up there again. I had to mancry abit. :'(

I've experienced longer server load times after the patch, so you're not alone. As for spawning on the coast, it is a penalty if you hop servers too frequently (happened to me today, was server hopping for loot in the Northwest airfield barracks and spawned at the coast after I killed a bandit and hopped shortly after).

This might be an issue, but not in my case. I spawned at the coast without server hopping. It's not fair.

Same issue for me also. No issue with connecting at the moment though.

Logged out in a barn north of Cherno. Logged in directly next to Solnichniy on the coast.

I'm fairly certain that it isn't a spawn point as well, it was too close to the town. Leading me to suspect that it spawn me at another players location or possibly at the location of a player who I looted.

Additionally, my pack reverted and lost the gear I had in it.

same for me, you just cant join a 1.7.2.5 server and then, if you join back an 1.7.2.4 server you spawn at coast

Have you updated the ARMA 2 Beta to 95883?

Edited by Banicks

I went to my clan camp on the north 18 km then logged off and spawned on the coast.. you are kidding me? three times already

Guess ill go to cherno or elektra kill some bandits... bored

Is there anyone who can confirm this?

I know 1.7.2.5 is causing problems, but how exactly were you able to update? Six Updater isn't even showing yellow that I'm out of date (Still at 1.7.2.4). I'm attempting to download manually now from SE Mirror, but it's going to take 2 1/2 hours...So I'm curious as to how people have gotten updated. Thanks!

Thanks, I did a few quick searches, but couldn't find the answer myself. This helps a ton!

The spawning on the beach may be related to the hive being updated for this patch. Could of been a hiccup in the process. I spawned there as well, but after moving positions and relogging, my position is saving. The issue now, is that items are not saving in tents. Sure, it's going to stop duping to some degree, but if you had items in a tent prior, you'll never be able to get rid of them as they'll just keep coming back, even if someone comes by and dumps all the items out and then re-saves the tent. It's simply not saving the "status" of the tent. Seems like they really can't get this one feature right.