unclegus

Arma 2 will not update to build 95883

So I have downloaded the 95883 update twice, manually installed it four times, deleted the beta folder in Arma 2 OA twice and installed it, installed it through Six launcher and installed it through DayZ Commander (both of which say that my version is up to date: 95883). When I run the game, the menu screen says 95417 and servers are rejecting my connection because I am not running version 95417.

DFUQ?

Sometimes that menu screen isnt right Ive updated and it said I was still using a previous version but it was wrong

Just deleted my beta folder and ran DayZ commander. It downloaded and installed 95883 yet again and I run the game and it's STILL 95417. This is truly bizzare. Am I going to have to uninstall Arma2 and reinstall everything from scratch?

Sometimes that menu screen isnt right Ive updated and it said I was still using a previous version but it was wrong

So in this situation, it would be saying that it's 95417 but it's actually 95883 and servers running 95883 would accept your join request, right? Cos that's exactly what is not happening for me. I cannot join any server running 95883 but I can join servers running 95417.

open your arma2 beta launcher. you can find it in your steam folder <F:/Steam/steamapps/common/operationarrowhead/expansion/beta>. I believe. Once you open that it should be the right version. Also, you will need to check that the expansions DayZ and @DayZ are on once you have it started. It'll restart, and if you have updated both arma2 beta to 95883 and DayZ to 1.7.2.5, it will say in the bottom right hand corner. Arma2 itself is at the 95417, and that is why most servers run it at that version. If you are trying to update DayZ and still having problems with six launcher, then I suggest downloading the torrent file and copying all of those data files and overriding the same files in <F:\\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons> You can delete the old files or store them in another folder titled with the version number, and paste the new ones in. This way if you feel like going back to the previous version in order to play on some particular server it is easy to do, just swap the data files with the updated ones. However, I am not sure about how to make it easy to downgrade the arma2 beta. Six launcher auto updated mine... If any of this information is wrong, please correct me, as I am not positive about everything Arma2. I just installed the new patches today and found a fantastic server. I've been using US 1993, an overclock.net server, and think I'll stick with it for a bit. Steam account is Eidos if you want to team up.

• Like 1

Oh, and not to mention that I just joined a server and I was somehow now inside a building. Like, literally inside the walls. I try to get out and I get squashed and instantly killed. Fucken fantastic.

open your arma2 beta launcher. etc.

Aha! I copied the two exes into the arma 2 oa folder and that seems to have done the trick. FINALLY. Thank you.

• Like 1

open six launcher then install the update as admin that how it workd for after few trys and yo i only did this cos my clanleader buddy told me so and i was hardly pissed at that moment

open six launcher verify then run the update as admin if not working try again

Step 0

Run Arma 2 Beta patch exe

Step 1

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead - or appropriate path location for your PC

Copy the original .exe into a new folder and name it original exe or something so you know what it is.

Step 2

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta - or appropriate path location for your PC

Copy the beta .exe - go back to arma 2 operation arrowhead and paste the .exe

Step 3

Confirm overwrite

Step 4

Play

Alternatively try DayZ Commander - confirmed to work auto patch within a few hours ago

Edited by Banicks
  • Like 6

Step 0

Step 1

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead - or appropriate path location for your PC

Copy the original .exe into a new folder and name it original exe or something so you know what it is.

Step 2

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta - or appropriate path location for your PC

Step 3

Confirm overwrite

Step 4

Play

Alternatively try DayZ Commander - confirmed to work auto patch within a few hours ago

Exactly this.

• Like 1

Step 0

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Confirm overwrite

Step 4

Play

Finally in. I'd tryed the other methods from this forum but either couldn't get pass the multiplayer menu ( join button wouldn't do anything example. Would click it and it wouldn't join) or it said battleye failed.

Sometimes I had the updates and sometimes I didn't.

This worked perfectly. Thanks and here, have all my beans.