RunningTheNight27

Hmm, is this life pointless?

When I first played, I spawned near the coast, and found a barn, killed some zombies, stumbled across the forest, and looted 3-4 a couple of buildings, y'know, typical noob story.

I ended up dying of dehydration of all things, but the point is, everything was the same. Zero zombies in the forest, no pistols nor water, and I didn't bump into a single other player during my 2-hour travels. I was lonely, and life felt pointless D:

It'll be like that in the beginning, cause you don't know where to go. Earlier today I spent about 2 hours playing from scratch and walked away with an alice pack, PDW, M4A3, Ghille, and a camping tent waiting to be used. Sadly I got sniped. But now I'm back with almost the same exact loadout!

Having some kind of plan would be nice. One could wander around and try to find canned food and cola, but there is some freedom in killing animals and eating some better food this way. A knife, box of matches, canteen and an axe is required for surviving outside the towns and villages.

I like to think of playing DayZ as revolving around getting the basic gear, and then trying to be more cautious and staying away from risky situations. Hopefully I can team up with some locals in the future, because the game is probably much more fun once you are roaming around together with others.

Oh joy, it seems the temperature/sickness feature is now enabled. Tried to find the antibiotics at a hospital but none were to be found. A server relog to fix a gfx glitch seemed to have cured my infection (character coughing and some other nasty side effect). I was not aware of this feature working now, so I only noticed when the icon started blinking. Then it was too late to sit by a campfire to dry/warm up.

Edited by Treehugger

I didn't see much variation in gear, just some garbage like empty cans, plus some ammo. Where is all this nice stuff? :o

Farms and such usually don't carry much, maybe some ammo rounds or maybe a shotgun.. Try finding a supermarket after you get a gun, they have navigational gear (maps compass etc.) and also lots of beans and coke. The NW Airport has good weapons & gear but be careful as people are always running around over there.

Nice stuff is up north where the stakes are higher and people are generally better shots, so it is risky to try to get the stuff without a game plan. Be ready to die quite a few times.

But there is truth in the game being much more fun with friends. I played solo for like two months, never setup a large camp or found vehicles and it started to get bland. Then I got a few friends to play with and we have a blast. Running around to help each other regular after death, or raiding camps, running around the coast helping noobs or scaring them to death by shooting at their feet, which is way more hilarious than just shooting them lol.

Group dynamic makes the game a whole new beast.

Yeah, pretty pointless. I mean Dayz is basically dodge some zeds, loot dead body, shootouts til death. I would advise your first stop to be cherno or elecktro. I know this sounds like your asking for death, but if you keep moving your good. After collecting the gear head north and look for a vehicle, that is it really. I spawn, 5 minutes ive already picked up a guys gear who I can tell has been to the airfield. I put a couple rounds into zeds, mow down a dozen players and then die( then repeat.) Simple and sweet.

I didn't see much variation in gear, just some garbage like empty cans, plus some ammo. Where is all this nice stuff? :o

You can use this http://dayzdb.com/ma.../map, otherwise, if you want basic weapons go to barns. If you want military weapons, go to deerstands, firehouses, stary tents, and airfields. Hospitals for medical, very imoprtant, more so than a gun. Supermarkets for food, drink, and hunting gear. Basically if want anything other than basic guns, you need to head into a town or military area. Problem is, it's risky.

Also, the only thing you will find in the woods is maybe a tent that may or may not be empty. Loot and zeds don't spawn in forests, only in and around buildings.

Edited by HerrJon

Go to the big towns, meet new people, have an open mind and get a drink or two.

You will see, life will be different there ;)

I met up with my current team of around 6 players on the forums!

We're all trustworthy and have played for about 2 days together. We all use Mumble as well and all have mics so it's really exciting!